Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How to deal with tearful parents?

Wikiposts

How to deal with tearful parents?

Old Jun 30th 2007, 4:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default How to deal with tearful parents?

FFS everything was going well til just now, when mother phones for a chat, starts going on about the pair of them going birding, but no... can't afford the time, too much to do.... I pointed out that they should go now whilst they have built in dog/house sitters and 8 weeks tomorrow they wont have....

becoz we are going

i had mentioned it

honestly it wasn't news to her...

so why the tears? .... she choked up, couldn't talk, then Dad gets on the phone and says what have you said to upset your mpother?

then he starts blubbing....

and now i'm blubbing..

can't cope with another 8 weeks of this....
Old Jun 30th 2007, 4:14 am
Banned

scmoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to deal with tearful parents?

Originally Posted by eddie007

FFS everything was going well til just now, when mother phones for a chat, starts going on about the pair of them going birding, but no... can't afford the time, too much to do.... I pointed out that they should go now whilst they have built in dog/house sitters and 8 weeks tomorrow they wont have....

becoz we are going

i had mentioned it

so why the tears? .... she choked up, couldn't talk, then Dad gets on the phone and says what have you said to upset your mpother?

and now i'm blubbing..

what is birding
Old Jun 30th 2007, 5:12 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

becoz we are going

i had mentioned it

and now i'm blubbing..

you gotta be strong , karma sent
Old Jun 30th 2007, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Is birding like dogging?!!?

Be strong mate and hope they get it out of their system now before you get to the airport!
I think a lot of people dread the tearful goodbyes (I do!)
Its all part of the process!
Old Jun 30th 2007, 5:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

birding - the observation (usually through magnifying contaptions known as binocculas) of small feathered creatures which come in a variety of shapes and sizes and which are pleasing to loook at.... also known as twitching.... but not (EVER) to be confused or associated with dogging..... which is something entirely different..

ornathology?
Old Jun 30th 2007, 5:29 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

twitching i guess it means ?

dogging don't need binoculars ........... unless yer shy
Old Jun 30th 2007, 5:29 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

yep my mm can look at me sometimes and the tears start - or we could both be laughing about something and then suddenly...............
K sent
Old Jun 30th 2007, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Almost - ornithology.
Did it upset you a lot that your folks were teary? If it did, did you let on to them that it did?
Old Jun 30th 2007, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
twitching i guess it means ?

dogging don't need binoculars ........... unless yer shy
might with some people!!!?
Old Jun 30th 2007, 5:36 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

at least you get to say there there it will all be all right

I keep getting the why we wont stop you but you are breaking our hearts

but you have to do it to learn by your own mistakes and so and so's great aunties cousin once removed hated it there in the 1920's and had to come home!!

try dealing with that!!

dont they just do your head in

also I am a wicked mum for abandoning my poor defenceless children!!
youngest is 18 and they both refused to come!!

sympathy sent
Old Jun 30th 2007, 5:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm crying into my packing cases and making everything damp...
Old Jun 30th 2007, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Don't cry mate...its just one of the harder bits of the whole thing. Keep looking forwards as well, don't lose sight of the goal through your tears.
Sending you a hug from us all ))HUG((
I'm sure many of us have been there or soon will be! Glad you are sharing it with us.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

i know its not really a consolation but you've only got 8 more weeks of it, I've got 6 months

She'll be fine I'm sure (thats what I keep telling myself about my mum), keep your chin up
Old Jun 30th 2007, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

becoz we are going

i had mentioned it

and now i'm blubbing..

Take your parents to Brisbane coz theres a drought on and they could do with all that water being shed.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i imagine being salt water that it would be no use

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.