Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

how can they do this?????

how can they do this?????

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 3:42 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how can they do this?????

They have got away with it.....................................FOR NOW

Once the holiday is over it will be a different matter.

Loz x
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Peepster
What a shocker. I'm thinking that some compensation should be coming their way....
Wouldn't hold your breath.

In 2006 the misses and I were getting married in the Grand Canyon and my folks were coming with us, flying with Virgin out of Gatwick. The misses and I had booked our flights direct with Virgin as we were frequent flyers so collected the miles, while my folks booked with Expedia.

We booked 6 months in advance, got the e-tickets etc and thought all was fine. Our flight left at 9:30am so we were at the airport to checkin at 6:30am.

The misses and I were fine, but when my folks tried to check in they were told Expedia hadn't actually paid for the seats yet, so it was still provisional and there was nothing they could do until expedia opened at 9am!! Lots of arguing etc but cutting short the misses and I had to leave for our flight not knowing if we'd see my folks for the flight, but at 9:20am they ran onto the plane looking totally knackered.

Basically my folks had to pay for the tickets again themselves, then get it refunded from Expedia, while the only apology they got was a £25 voucher to use in the next 6 months. Twats! Never used them since.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 5:11 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick update for those who have been following this saga.....

Kev and Jules flew out of Manchester yesterday morning (9.15 am UK time) and were ushered straight to the VIP lounge

After enjoying free food and drinks they boarded.

We received a text this morning from Singapore Airport and they had a brilliant flight into Singapore (no panic attacks, no sickies and no turbulence) which I think is marvellous for 2 first time flyers (1 being severely claustrophobic!!!).

They are on schedule to touch down at Brissie Airport at 7.30 tonight so we are just getting resdy to set off to pick them up.

When they left England they were told by Austravel they would still have to travel back on the original flight they were booked on which had been brought forward half a day thus resulting in losing nearly 3 days of their holiday.

We have had an e-mail from Austravel today informing us that they are now booked on a home flight on Tuesday 24th November giving them back the days they had lost

They are still unaware of this development so it will be a nice surprise when they get here.

Thanks for all the support and advice we will keep you informed of any developements later but obviously now we have the holiday of a lifetime to
try to give our friends.

Loz x
Old Nov 4th 2009, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Wow thats brilliant news Loz!!!!Please tell your friends that all of us hope they have a fantastic holiday(you also of course)thank god it all worked out ok!
Old Nov 4th 2009, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Loz
Hope that you all have a really fantastic time together!
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:14 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Great news
Enjoy your holiday with them.
Julie. x
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:19 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't written on this thread, but have been following it !

Fantastic outcome.. hopefully they have had a great first flight experience.. and am sure that if they can fly to Oz then they will be able to fly anywhere in the world! A couple of hours will seem like nothing once they have done this flight!

Happy holidays to them and to you too!

Em x
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, hope you all have a great time!
Old Nov 4th 2009, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Have a great time and give Austravel hell when they get back to the UK.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 10:26 pm
Banned

maz945 is an unknown quantity at this point

They must have moved heaven and earth for an outcome like that, getting flights confirmed at that time of year.

A great outcome. Obviously some idiot at Austravel didn't do their job properly to start with, but at least as a company they have made it good.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 4:23 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been following this thread from Canada.

So glad it has all worked out - enjoy your time with your friends.