How Bad Is It?

Old Mar 21st 2008, 5:52 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute
Default How Bad Is It?

The weather! The weather!

In Melbourne, during our summer holidays... say August time.

OH has finally told me we can go ahead & book a reccie trip.... he's had problems pinning down dates due to work stuff, but now it's sorted

So if we did head down to Mellie, what kind of weather could we expect & will it be like our February trip to Valetta this year, where it was, literally, closed?

Many thanks in anticipation of your replies & ideas for things to do with the girls

Last edited by JenniGee; Mar 21st 2008 at 5:54 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Bad Is It?

Originally Posted by JenniGee
The weather! The weather!

In Melbourne, during our summer holidays... say August time.

OH has finally told me we can go ahead & book a reccie trip.... he's had problems pinning down dates due to work stuff, but now it's sorted

So if we did head down to Mellie, what kind of weather could we expect & will it be like our February trip to Valetta this year, where it was, literally, closed?

Many thanks in anticipation of your replies & ideas for things to do with the girls
Absolutely no idea to either, just wanted to say I'm chuffed to bits that you've had some positive news - its been a little thin on the ground for you guys lately. Hopefully this is the start of a good run for you
Old Mar 21st 2008, 5:58 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

It's hardly good news NikiL - GOOD news would be OH ringing up & telling us he's sending his passport & a Stat Dec

But agreed, it's something to look forward to, the house-hunting has been fruitless so far, so at least we've got this
Old Mar 21st 2008, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

It's hardly good news NikiL - GOOD news would be OH ringing up & telling us he's sending his passport & a Stat Dec

But agreed, it's something to look forward to, the house-hunting has been fruitless so far, so at least we've got this
I've reached a point now where anything positive is good news, it stops me going totally insane. If your ex ringing up telling you that would only be good news, boy would I like to know what fantastic news is
Old Mar 21st 2008, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

WOOHOO!!! Jen's going to Oz!!!

Can't help with the weather, but you'll have a fab time!!

The Ozzie lot will be online soon and I'm sure they'll advise.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:00 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

The weather in August in Melbourne last year was cool sunny days. Daytime temperatures about 12 - 17 degrees and sun. Sometimes frost in the morning until about 9am.

Winter in Melbourne is great as you can do loads of outdoor things without worrying so much about hats, sunscreen, kids overheating and getting grouchy etc.

Also if you wanted to see some snow Mt Donna Buang should have some and its about 1 hours drive away.

Buzzy
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:12 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

August is normally the coldest month in Melly. It's probably most similar to Nov in UK. Cool in the day and cold at night although not freezing. Melburnians rarely see frost. The 4 seasons in 1 day is most apparent at this time with rain, cold and brilliant sunshine all happening in 1 day.

August is also the yellow month. All the yellow flowers come out including the wattle and the daffodils.

Mt Baw Baw is also close to Melly if you want to see snow.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

steve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the rough

Really looking forward to a winter in Melbourne
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:23 pm
Da bing bing!

Originally Posted by NikiL
Absolutely no idea to either, just wanted to say I'm chuffed to bits that you've had some positive news - its been a little thin on the ground for you guys lately. Hopefully this is the start of a good run for you
Thanks You're right, anything remotely positive is a cause for celebration, quite a few of us have got some challenges to get through

It's still quite expensive at the moment - expedia trips are coming in at about £1400 per person for 3 weeks (flight + hotel)....it'll come down nearer the time I'm sure, but I may look for a holiday house, just to really give the girls a proper taster
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:24 pm
Da bing bing!

Originally Posted by Fly Away
WOOHOO!!! Jen's going to Oz!!!

Can't help with the weather, but you'll have a fab time!!

The Ozzie lot will be online soon and I'm sure they'll advise.
Hi, thanks for the WOOHOO!!

Sorry not been back on, just returned from taking the kids to the movies - possibly one of the worst films I've ever seen - Meet the Spartans - god knows what the guy was smoking when he was writing it!!!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:27 pm
Da bing bing!

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
The weather in August in Melbourne last year was cool sunny days. Daytime temperatures about 12 - 17 degrees and sun. Sometimes frost in the morning until about 9am.

Winter in Melbourne is great as you can do loads of outdoor things without worrying so much about hats, sunscreen, kids overheating and getting grouchy etc.

Also if you wanted to see some snow Mt Donna Buang should have some and its about 1 hours drive away.

Buzzy
Thank you, sounds perfect... I'm not expecting hot temperatures, but being able to get outdoors would be nice.

Some snow would be a real novelty for the kids - they grew up on the coast in Devon & have never really seen it. This winter in Kent has been very cold, frosty, damp & generally uninspiring.

Been reading about Lake Mountain & Baw Baw... does Donna Buang have sleds, toboggans & so on too?
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:30 pm
Da bing bing!

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
August is normally the coldest month in Melly. It's probably most similar to Nov in UK. Cool in the day and cold at night although not freezing. Melburnians rarely see frost. The 4 seasons in 1 day is most apparent at this time with rain, cold and brilliant sunshine all happening in 1 day.

August is also the yellow month. All the yellow flowers come out including the wattle and the daffodils.

Mt Baw Baw is also close to Melly if you want to see snow.
Thanks for your response - as I'm answering these posts I'm thinking that a house to rent would be good, rather than a hotel room...any pointers anyone?
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, thanks for the WOOHOO!!

Sorry not been back on, just returned from taking the kids to the movies - possibly one of the worst films I've ever seen - Meet the Spartans - god knows what the guy was smoking when he was writing it!!!
LOL, won't bother with that one then!!

I'd have a look at a short term rental for 3 weeks - bound to be cheaper than a hotel etc. Plus you get a more real experience. Might even get some cheaper flights somewhere too... Have you tried FlightCentre at http://www.flightcentre.co.uk/contactus/store_finder You have to ring them rather than look on the site. Tell them what you want and they look for the best deal. We saved a fortune on internet prices doing this.

We found an apartment hotel through http://www.hotels.co.uk/ - actually we found them on there and just rang them and booked direct and got a better deal.

Hope this gives you some ideas.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:49 pm
Da bing bing!

Originally Posted by Fly Away
LOL, won't bother with that one then!!

I'd have a look at a short term rental for 3 weeks - bound to be cheaper than a hotel etc. Plus you get a more real experience. Might even get some cheaper flights somewhere too... Have you tried FlightCentre at http://www.flightcentre.co.uk/contactus/store_finder You have to ring them rather than look on the site. Tell them what you want and they look for the best deal. We saved a fortune on internet prices doing this.

We found an apartment hotel through http://www.hotels.co.uk/ - actually we found them on there and just rang them and booked direct and got a better deal.

Hope this gives you some ideas.
Yep....I'm evil I am....

As I'm sitting here I'm thinking: try & find a house with a garden or an alfresco to rent, invite lots of BE people round every evening with kids for my girls to mix with.....maybe rent a car & go up into the mountains for the snow... really let the girls get an idea about how fantastic it could be...

They won't want to come back to the Uk
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yep....I'm evil I am....

As I'm sitting here I'm thinking: try & find a house with a garden or an alfresco to rent, invite lots of BE people round every evening with kids for my girls to mix with.....maybe rent a car & go up into the mountains for the snow... really let the girls get an idea about how fantastic it could be...

They won't want to come back to the Uk
Sounds a great idea!! They won't want to come home.

Lots of people on here have short term lets - try looking in classifieds! Or just start a thread saying STL wanted and watch the PMs roll in!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.