Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

House sitter available 24th December - 28th January

House sitter available 24th December - 28th January

Old Nov 5th 2011, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default House sitter available 24th December - 28th January

Hi

Does any one need a house sitter from christmas eve til 28th January this year???

I will be working during the day for 36 days straight but am available to make sure your house is safe every evening, pets fed, waterred walked and the place isnt empty....

Anywhere in the perth region is good.....

I will even forego our weeklong family holiday to rottnest booked for during that period... To help you out

my WITCH of a MIL is arriving at 3.30 christmas eve...told her last time how bloody inconvenient that was.... And doesnt go home til. 28th...

She woke me up by phone at 0700 on a Sunday morning to tell me this....
Old Nov 5th 2011, 2:38 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House sitter available 24th December - 28th January

Originally Posted by eddie007
Hi

Does any one need a house sitter from christmas eve til 28th January this year???

I will be working during the day for 36 days straight but am available to make sure your house is safe every evening, pets fed, waterred walked and the place isnt empty....

Anywhere in the perth region is good.....

I will even forego our weeklong family holiday to rottnest booked for during that period... To help you out

my WITCH of a MIL is arriving at 3.30 christmas eve...told her last time how bloody inconvenient that was.... And doesnt go home til. 28th...

She woke me up by phone at 0700 on a Sunday morning to tell me this....
You only found out today?

My cousins suddenly got very friendly with me since we have moved here and I have even put it on my facebook that 'no, you cannot stay with me for your Australian holiday but I can help you find a guest house'.

I have made it clear to my family that they have to be invited and even then, apart from Dad, they cant stay with me except for weekends when I am off.

Honestly, I swear to god if I had a 'surprise visitor' - I would turn them away.

Please tell me Eddie she didnt just book a ticket?
Old Nov 5th 2011, 3:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

My cousins suddenly got very friendly with me since we have moved here and I have even put it on my facebook that 'no, you cannot stay with me for your Australian holiday but I can help you find a guest house'.

I have made it clear to my family that they have to be invited and even then, apart from Dad, they cant stay with me except for weekends when I am off.

Honestly, I swear to god if I had a 'surprise visitor' - I would turn them away.

We knew it was happening, just didnt know when til 0700 this morning... What makes it worse is she wont be bringing our nephew as promised, I dont know what has happened, but something has... Probably due to her daughterr divorcing her husband 6 yrs ago... BIL keeping the kids, she remarried and that was fine til the ex husband got a girlfriend.... Now all of a sudden its daggers drawn on MIL part towards her ex SIL... Who has been EXTREMELY good to her over the years....and the "kids" 21 and 17 are caught in The cross fire
Old Nov 5th 2011, 3:38 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Same here PP. My sister has an open invitation, same as I do at her house. Anyone else can find a holiday rental.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Same here PP. My sister has an open invitation, same as I do at her house. Anyone else can find a holiday rental.
We love having visitors, often our friends in the uk would never be able to afford a holiday in asutralia if the had to fork out for accommodation as well as flights, food, car hire etc..... It doesnt usually cost us anything.... Other than a couple of weeks of being VERY quiet in the bedroom... Which lets face it, we have to be anyway...

Having said that when my cousin came out and her daughter flew over from the east coast we went all over the shop with them.... It WAS as much fun for me as it was for them.....

Its just the MIL that I object to....
Old Nov 5th 2011, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

General Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of light

Its just the MIL that I object to....
I know this has been 'discussed' on another thread but what is SO BAD about her? Can't you just pretend for a moment she's just another person not the MIL? Or else work overtime every night so never have to meet?
Old Nov 5th 2011, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh how I wish she was just another person and not my MIL... Its unfortunate that she is my MIL... If she wasnt she wouldnt be coming to my home under ANY circumstances.....

I may have mentioned the non stick saucepans being scrubbed with a brillo pad, the collecting of plastic rubbish on the windowsill, the splitting of the kids... The Boys are angels and spoiled with material gifts girls dont get a birthday card..... The snuffling, the smell, the recounting a 30 minute episode of East Enders (that I havent watched since the days of Angie and ???? What was his name????) in a mere hour and a half... The arranging of the kitchen, the counting of the slices of ham per person, the men in the living room with a crate of beer watching Run the Gauntlet Alpine challnge, and women and children in the kitchen as dry as a salvation army band... The barbies with the men at the barbie with a crate of beer and women and children on the picnic blanket and woe betide anyone who crosses her lines.... The endless mindless drivel that pours forth, the cannonising of the other grandchildren, the refusal to let the kids eat healthy snacks insisting on feeding them crap like biscuits and chips because they are cheaper, the taking up of my trousers too short as a student nurse, cutting off the excess and having to spend my entire training looking like I just got out of our local mental hospital..... The fact she cant drive and has to be entertained, taken out, the manipulation, the passive aggressiveness of her behaviour, the fact that my husband cant stand her and so I get left to entertain her whilst HE escapes... Wandering round the house in her bra and knickers traumatising teenagers, opening the windows to let in fresh air when its 42 degrees outside and the aircon is desparately trying to get it down to 35 inside, the fact she comes for 6 weeks and doesnt contribute a single bloody cent towards anything, she wont even pick up any duty free for us, so I can't numb myself with alcohol whilst she is here, the fact she goes on and on for hours and hours about people I have never met, and never will and the fact that she folds dirty clothes in the laundry so you put rank stinky stuff away thinking its clean and it infects your whole wardrobe and you have to wash EVERYTHING AGAIN.....and the fact we havent had a family holiday, just us for 5 years and she will be crashing ours by virtue of the fact she is staying til the very END of january..... ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Apart from that... Yes I suppose I could pretend she is some one else for a moment.... Maybe I could move house,not recognise her at the airport, and disconnect the phone....

And yes I WILL be taking all the overtime I can get thrown at me whilst she is he
Old Nov 5th 2011, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

General Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of light

I may have mentioned the non stick saucepans being scrubbed with a brillo pad, the collecting of plastic rubbish on the windowsill, the splitting of the kids... The Boys are angels and spoiled with material gifts girls dont get a birthday card..... The snuffling, the smell, the recounting a 30 minute episode of East Enders (that I havent watched since the days of Angie and ???? What was his name????) in a mere hour and a half... The arranging of the kitchen, the counting of the slices of ham per person, the men in the living room with a crate of beer watching Run the Gauntlet Alpine challnge, and women and children in the kitchen as dry as a salvation army band... The barbies with the men at the barbie with a crate of beer and women and children on the picnic blanket and woe betide anyone who crosses her lines.... The endless mindless drivel that pours forth, the cannonising of the other grandchildren, the refusal to let the kids eat healthy snacks insisting on feeding them crap like biscuits and chips because they are cheaper, the taking up of my trousers too short as a student nurse, cutting off the excess and having to spend my entire training looking like I just got out of our local mental hospital..... The fact she cant drive and has to be entertained, taken out, the manipulation, the passive aggressiveness of her behaviour, the fact that my husband cant stand her and so I get left to entertain her whilst HE escapes... Wandering round the house in her bra and knickers traumatising teenagers, opening the windows to let in fresh air when its 42 degrees outside and the aircon is desparately trying to get it down to 35 inside, the fact she comes for 6 weeks and doesnt contribute a single bloody cent towards anything, she wont even pick up any duty free for us, so I can't numb myself with alcohol whilst she is here, the fact she goes on and on for hours and hours about people I have never met, and never will and the fact that she folds dirty clothes in the laundry so you put rank stinky stuff away thinking its clean and it infects your whole wardrobe and you have to wash EVERYTHING AGAIN.....and the fact we havent had a family holiday, just us for 5 years and she will be crashing ours by virtue of the fact she is staying til the very END of january..... ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

I take it she is hard of hearing? You & hubby must have challenged her on many of those issues and should have issued conditions/ultimatums!

Otherwise it is more than partly your fault! Who would put up with that shit and not go bonkers?
Old Nov 5th 2011, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by General Tojo
I take it she is hard of hearing? You & hubby must have challenged her on many of those issues and should have issued conditions/ultimatums!

Otherwise it is more than partly your fault! Who would put up with that shit and not go bonkers?
And there in lies the rub... as my MIL I can't simply say to her... You are an evil old bag, go from my doorstep and never darken it again.... Its called "family" and this is a toxic branch of ours.... And no matter how differently she lives to us she IS my husbands mother...

As for issuing ultimatums/ conditions... Have you ever heard of King Canute? Telling the sea to go back???? Well meet my MIL, she is the ocean....

I console myself that for the last four years we have only had to put up with her once, even if it was for six weeks, and that after 28th january 12,000 miles will once again separate us....

By the way, Are you calling me bonkers????
Old Nov 5th 2011, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

And there in lies the rub... as my MIL I can't simply say to her... You are an evil old bag, go from my doorstep and never darken it again.... Its called "family" and this is a toxic branch of ours.... And no matter how differently she lives to us she IS my husbands mother...

As for issuing ultimatums/ conditions... Have you ever heard of King Canute? Telling the sea to go back???? Well meet my MIL, she is the ocean....

I console myself that for the last four years we have only had to put up with her once, even if it was for six weeks, and that after 28th january 12,000 miles will once again separate us....

By the way, Are you calling me bonkers????
No, if I thought you were bonkers there would have been no point in me posting.

But neither is it necessary to use terms like:

You are an evil old bag, go from my doorstep and never darken it again....

Can't you just use tact and wear her down in other ways?
And why doesn't hubby do more? Tried asking him?
Old Nov 5th 2011, 11:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by General Tojo
No, if I thought you were bonkers there would have been no point in me posting.

But neither is it necessary to use terms like:

You are an evil old bag, go from my doorstep and never darken it again....

Can't you just use tact and wear her down in other ways?
And why doesn't hubby do more? Tried asking him?
LOL HE wont speak to her unless I trick him to the phone....

As for tact... This woman not only has the arse but also the hide of an elephant.... She doesnt get tact.... Or diplomacy....

Kevin has a theory that MIL is telling us the nephews arent coming so its a "nice surpise" for the kids when they all turn up on christmas eve.... Now if she did that to me she WOULD be on the next flight back to the UK.... I would fricking kill her... You can't just rock up on christmas eve with two extra house guests for six weeks.....

Surely even SHE wouldnt be THAT stupid???????
Old Nov 6th 2011, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

theory that MIL is telling us the nephews arent coming so its a "nice surpise" for the kids when they all turn up on christmas eve.... Now if she did that to me she WOULD be on the next flight back to the UK.... I would fricking kill her... You can't just rock up on christmas eve with two extra house guests for six weeks.....

Surely even SHE wouldnt be THAT stupid???????

Okay, time for some STRAIGHT TALKING - from now on make it an ongoing must-do, ring, email or Facebook her NOW demanding she confirm she's coming alone and btw what hard-to-get-hold-of-in-Perf-goodies have you already demanded she bring over from Blighty? Tell her you must have everything that was on the list you sent her. DO IT NOW!
Old Nov 8th 2011, 10:43 am
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

We have a niece from my wife's side staying with us from canada. All I can say is I'll be real glad when she's gone. We have a foreign student boarder also and it's really stuffed up the dynamics as she's decided to start banging him... So we've given him notice to exit and I'm thinking up ways of surreptitiously suggesting she find somewhere else to stay while she's in aus.

Every time someone or a few show up for a visit it costs us an arm and a leg and throws the house into chaos.

I think from now on we're going to take a passive aggressive stance and not respond to comments or suggestions from relatives about visiting and or make comments about how much it costs to live here in hopes they let the idea die.

Last edited by furbacchione; Nov 8th 2011 at 10:47 am.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 12:36 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furbacchione
We have a niece from my wife's side staying with us from canada. All I can say is I'll be real glad when she's gone. We have a foreign student boarder also and it's really stuffed up the dynamics as she's decided to start banging him... So we've given him notice to exit and I'm thinking up ways of surreptitiously suggesting she find somewhere else to stay while she's in aus.

Every time someone or a few show up for a visit it costs us an arm and a leg and throws the house into chaos.

I think from now on we're going to take a passive aggressive stance and not respond to comments or suggestions from relatives about visiting and or make comments about how much it costs to live here in hopes they let the idea die.
Sounds like a good idea - just a 'No, we are no longer doing the guest house thing, you would need to find a rental'

Its not harsh, harsh is when your hospitality gets abused.

I gained many 'friends' when we moved here and lost a lot when I said we were not doing guest housing.

My cousins came out of the wood work, people I had worked with, someone actually wanted to bring her kids, mother and sister!!!!!

I would have a word with your niece, tell her to pull her weight, pull her socks up or she can go into a hostel.

My niece told me she was coming to stay with me in her gap year. I dont think so and I told her so.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:43 pm
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

take some pictures of a run down one bed apartment and send them to her saying that finances are difficult and you have had to downsize.

but still say that she is welcome to come and you'll de-flea the sofa before she arrives to make sure she can get a good nights sleep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.