Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

house sale nightmare

Wikiposts

house sale nightmare

Old Jun 12th 2006, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: house sale nightmare

We put our house on the market the first week in Jan 06 and by Easter had not had one viewing so we changed agents. Within about 3 weeks we had had 2 viewings and an offer from a cash buyer!! Now this is too good to be true we thought but the estate agents have had proof of funds and they have had the survey done, so I hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that we have dropped lucky and found a genuine buyer. Completion should be the middle of July.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crozz
hello everyone havent been on for a while just wondering if anybody else has had same bad luck has me.got visa feb 05 put house on market march 05 no viewings for 3-4 weeks gradually red price; by oct o5 red price by 15 grand has had to be in oz by feb 06 eventually got 3 viewings by same couple then a firm offer which we accepted 4 days later estate agent rung to tell us the couple had pulled out.by this time we were that peed off took house off the market and went for a month reccie trip in nov.got christmas out of the way spent about 4 grand doing the house up and 4 months later put house back on market 3 grand less than cheapest estate agents valuation and still only 3 viewings and no offers had visas over a year and were still here like to hear from anyone else in same position with house sale.cheers crozz.
well our house has been on the market now for 2 months, changed to the second EA, only had on viewing, drop the price by £3000, we have to go to validate our visa by August, we now know that we will have long wait before we leave, so we are going to validate our visa end of June and when we come back to UK,we are going to go multi agent, then we shall see.
its no help either what was said on the news tonight that the bank of england is going to put the interest rate up soon.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 9:55 am
Just Joined

michellef is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in exactly the same boat,VISA's at the ready but house to sell.We have been on the market for 12 weeks and only one viewer (she decided to knock on my door when i had had decided to bottom house,curtains all down,ironing board out,pots in sink)but i thought what the hell let her in at least i can say i've had a viewer.
Today i decided to use another EA instead and have set the ball rolling on that,so not expecting miracles but worth a try.

I know exactly how you are feeling.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 10:37 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
We've had ours on the market for about 3 months. The first people who came to see it 3 days after it was put up for sale, wanted tobuy it and put offer in. We accepted. Then they phoned to say they'd gone and found another place "just like ours but cheaper"!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Then the next two that came along to view it, didn't even have their houses on the market, so were "just having a look".
There's now SIX houses up for sale all within 50 yards of each other on our street and a shed lot more up for sale around the area.
What's happening with house sales just now. It's like nothing's happening/moving!!
We've only just applied but we just want shot of the house asap so it's one less thing to worry about and the sooner the better.
*pearly*
Pearly

It's all just a bloody nightmare at the moment. Our house has been on the market since February - 3 viewers, dropped price by 10k, one viewer loved it but then had a stroke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's so many houses around here just not selling. So glad we don't actually have the visa yet.

Lou
xx
Old Jun 12th 2006, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

elfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by charles.edington
Pearly

It's all just a bloody nightmare at the moment. Our house has been on the market since February - 3 viewers, dropped price by 10k, one viewer loved it but then had a stroke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's so many houses around here just not selling. So glad we don't actually have the visa yet.

Lou
xx
After all the trauma of my posting yesterday, the buyers solicitor has finally applied for the searches great ....but no..... .I've just had a phone message from the EA to say that the buyer thought that all the carpets,curtains,etc were in the price of the house!!!!! we dropped it £6000 and threw in loads of other stuff fridge ,freezer, washing machine, range cooker and now he wants the shirts off our backs.
Elfin
Old Jun 12th 2006, 10:18 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfin
After all the trauma of my posting yesterday, the buyers solicitor has finally applied for the searches great ....but no..... .I've just had a phone message from the EA to say that the buyer thought that all the carpets,curtains,etc were in the price of the house!!!!! we dropped it £6000 and threw in loads of other stuff fridge ,freezer, washing machine, range cooker and now he wants the shirts off our backs.
Elfin

Do they know you're emigrating?

Lou
xx
Old Jun 13th 2006, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

elfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by charles.edington
Do they know you're emigrating?

Lou
xx
Yes, sadly they do, but we've just noticed that our flat roof has started leaking so we may let them have the fixtures and fittings after all
would it be wrong not to tell them do you think?
Elfin xx
Old Jun 13th 2006, 6:06 am
Look at moi!!!

Originally Posted by elfin
Yes, sadly they do, but we've just noticed that our flat roof has started leaking so we may let them have the fixtures and fittings after all
would it be wrong not to tell them do you think?
Elfin xx

Keep very quiet . After all they are playing hard ball.

Lou
xx
Old Jun 13th 2006, 7:12 am
Poms in Limbo

Davelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to behold
Angry Re: house sale nightmare

yep, we've joined the 'no sale' club...

visas granted June 04, validated Dec04 (reccie to Perth and Qld)
house on market spring 05.......
2 viewers by Dec 05 (no sale)
reduced price £5k
changed agent Jan 06
reduced price another £5k... 2 viewers (1 whose own sale fell thro)
got a 2nd joint agent May06

hair falling out knowing what to do next.. clock ticking and dont want to rent (or return) to uk if we do go out.

To the person moaning about 9 weeks on market - hah! wait till you're still waiting 2yrs later like we are!!!
So if you're in same boat, ....our sympathies!!!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Davelynd7
yep, we've joined the 'no sale' club...

visas granted June 04, validated Dec04 (reccie to Perth and Qld)
house on market spring 05.......
2 viewers by Dec 05 (no sale)
reduced price £5k
changed agent Jan 06
reduced price another £5k... 2 viewers (1 whose own sale fell thro)
got a 2nd joint agent May06

hair falling out knowing what to do next.. clock ticking and dont want to rent (or return) to uk if we do go out.

To the person moaning about 9 weeks on market - hah! wait till you're still waiting 2yrs later like we are!!!
So if you're in same boat, ....our sympathies!!!

Wow, that's just awful. I hope you get somewhere soon, it must be really frustrating.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 7:21 am
Poms in Limbo

Davelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to beholdDavelynd7 is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: house sale nightmare

oh wendy we cant tell you how much!!! you cant plan anything - holidays, jobs (giving notice) removals, transferring funds etc....
it really is horrible. We just try to keep smiling..

and every night we watch tv and see the Australia 'where the bloody hell are you' advert on the travel channel... seems like its aimed just at us ha ha!! (could kill that woman now) ..

Good luck with yours anyway,...

PS where r u planning on going to

we're dithering between sunshine coast and Cairns (dunno if the heat will get us)
Old Jun 13th 2006, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

oh wendy we cant tell you how much!!! you cant plan anything - holidays, jobs (giving notice) removals, transferring funds etc....

and every night we watch tv and see the Australia 'where the bloody hell are you' advert on the travel channel... seems like its aimed just at us ha ha!! (could kill that woman now) ..

we're dithering between sunshine coast and Cairns (dunno if the heat will get us)

I know just what you mean about the planning bit, although it's not as bad as we have only been waiting since Jan. But it seems like years !!

Can't imagine what I'd feel like in two years and still waiting :scared:

Ditto that advert. I hope I don't meet her I may strangle her for you

We are off to South Australia for a while to see my aunt, if we like it we will stay or we are looking at Brisbane next. Oz is a big place and I will find somewhere just right, hopefully before I spend all our money

All the best, I really hope you find your buyer soon.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 7:32 am
flirt

stutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond reputestutess has a reputation beyond repute

and the sheila's wheels advert
Old Jun 13th 2006, 7:33 am
Poms in Limbo

cheers love!

keep in touch and lets know how you get on and if you finally get on the flight ha ha!

over and out,

Lynda & Dave (still in limbo land, uk)
Old Jun 13th 2006, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cheers love!

keep in touch and lets know how you get on and if you finally get on the flight ha ha!

over and out,

Lynda & Dave (still in limbo land, uk)

Well I'll be here more than not, just ask anyone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.