Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

House prices on the West, South and South East coast of Australia plummet

House prices on the West, South and South East coast of Australia plummet

Old May 13th 2008, 11:07 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default House prices on the West, South and South East coast of Australia plummet

Apparently...
Attached Thumbnails House prices on the West, South and South East coast of Australia plummet-flyingshark.jpg  
Old May 14th 2008, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: House prices on the West, South and South East coast of Australia plummet

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Apparently...
where did you get this from?
Old May 14th 2008, 11:20 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House prices on the West, South and South East coast of Australia plummet

Originally Posted by hereshoping
where did you get this from?
An ex-fisherman!
Old May 14th 2008, 11:34 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Apparently...
And big boys going bust
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...444491725.html

Suppose its happening everywhere. Depends how exposed the lenders are I guess but maybe will revert to pre '06 when the pom pound was buying 10 bedroom,18 bathroom, 12 swimming pool houses.
Old May 14th 2008, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
And big boys going bust
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...444491725.html

Suppose its happening everywhere. Depends how exposed the lenders are I guess but maybe will revert to pre '06 when the pom pound was buying 10 bedroom,18 bathroom, 12 swimming pool houses.

In your dreams! With our interst rates so high, and the economy being pulled up by Chinas booming demand. They reckon the aussie dollar will pass parity with the US dollar this year.
Old May 14th 2008, 12:37 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
In your dreams! With our interst rates so high, and the economy being pulled up by Chinas booming demand. They reckon the aussie dollar will pass parity with the US dollar this year.
I must be masking my sarcasm.... I hadnt seen a "will my 40K sterling buy me<all of the above>" thread in a while
Old May 14th 2008, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

cookem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
China's biggest market is America by far. I am no expert, but I was under the impression that the US was in a right state and that they could be heading for a recession. It is already fact that the American consumers are not spending. If they are not spending China has nobody to sell to. If they have no one to sell to then they will cut back on their production. If they cut back on their production they don't need as much raw material. This will affect Australia as the supplier.

I read this in an Australian newspaper. Australia is not immune to the market trouble in america and europe.
Old May 14th 2008, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Lets hope a new president in the U.S. will gee things along a bit soon then

Since I arrived I have noticed the market has slowed down a bit but the miidle range houses seem to be holding firm... A few of my friends have recently bought here and while they got a few 'k' knocked off they werent giving the houses away in a blind panic.....

Isnt it the mega bucks propertys that will have to come down to a realistic price?

I go on the www.onthehouse.com.au which will tell you how much a property was previously sold for and how much propertys in certain areas are going for now... Very interesting reading if you are looking to buy..