Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

House moving advice?

House moving advice?

Old Sep 26th 2007, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future
Default House moving advice?

Hi all

Is anyone seeking help on selling there house? I manage an estate agents in our local town. I will try to give you the best advice I can. My partner and I are hopefully migrating to the Gold Coast next year.

This is only friendly advice to help guide you with your sale.

I will get back to you asap.

Bushy

Last edited by Bushman; Sep 26th 2007 at 1:36 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all
Default Re: House moving advice?

Originally Posted by Bushman
Hi all

Is anyone seeking help on selling there house? I manage an estate agents in our local town. I will try to give you the best advice I can. My partner and I are hopefully migrating to the Gold Coast next year. I will get back to you asap.

Bushy
Ok you asked for it! How quickly would you expect your buyer to have their survey arranged/ done? we accepted an offer on the 22nd of august and still no sign of the survey being carrier out! Many Thanks
Old Sep 26th 2007, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

Some people have there survey done straight away, others wait till the last minute. They wait for searches and enquiries to come back before coughing up. Speak to your estate agents and find out whats going on. They will talk to your buyer to find out. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by black cat
Ok you asked for it! How quickly would you expect your buyer to have their survey arranged/ done? we accepted an offer on the 22nd of august and still no sign of the survey being carrier out! Many Thanks
Old Sep 26th 2007, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Is anyone seeking help on selling there house? I manage an estate agents in our local town. I will try to give you the best advice I can. My partner and I are hopefully migrating to the Gold Coast next year.

Bushy
G'uday Bushy

It's a public holiday here on Monday; Queen's Birthday or summat like that?

We're going to invoke the 48 hour clause tomorrow once a new unconditional offer comes in.

By not getting the offer in by midnight tonight and by not giving the first 'subject sale' purchasers notice in writing by midnight too..........that means they'll get until close of business on Tuesday now to go unconditional.

Do you operate the same where you are.......... ie over here in the West we have to give 2 clear working days notice excluding weekends and public holidays?

New purchaser is really trying to come the raw prawn by coming in low....... back and forth with piddly counter offers tonight means we missed the midnight deadline.............. thereby giving the original purchasers the advantage of gaining the whole weekend plus one extra day to go unconditional.

By being smart and trying to undercut the original offer......... purchaser may have done herself a great injustice and as such could miss out? They never listen to us though eh?
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi there Bobcat.

Things work totally different back here in England, so frustratingly I can't help you out, but your real estate agent is, or should be the best person to help you out. It's going be a big learning curve for me when I get over there, as things seem to be totally different. Work out a figure that you don't want to go below, tell your agent and that should stop the stupid offers. Hope this helps a little.

Bushy

Originally Posted by Bobcat
G'uday Bushy

It's a public holiday here on Monday; Queen's Birthday or summat like that?

We're going to invoke the 48 hour clause tomorrow once a new unconditional offer comes in.

By not getting the offer in by midnight tonight and by not giving the first 'subject sale' purchasers notice in writing by midnight too..........that means they'll get until close of business on Tuesday now to go unconditional.

Do you operate the same where you are.......... ie over here in the West we have to give 2 clear working days notice excluding weekends and public holidays?

New purchaser is really trying to come the raw prawn by coming in low....... back and forth with piddly counter offers tonight means we missed the midnight deadline.............. thereby giving the original purchasers the advantage of gaining the whole weekend plus one extra day to go unconditional.

By being smart and trying to undercut the original offer......... purchaser may have done herself a great injustice and as such could miss out? They never listen to us though eh?
Old Sep 27th 2007, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Bobcat.

Things work totally different back here in England, so frustratingly I can't help you out, but your real estate agent is, or should be the best person to help you out. It's going be a big learning curve for me when I get over there, as things seem to be totally different. Work out a figure that you don't want to go below, tell your agent and that should stop the stupid offers. Hope this helps a little.

Bushy
Sorry Bushy............ i completely misread your post; i assumed you were an Agent in QLD? (missis keeps telling me to get off the bloody computer........ get some kip..... yer eyes are like p**s holes in the snow blah blah blah!).

All the states operate differently down-under; i was assuming you were in QLD and i wanted to pick your brain re the 48-hour clause? I got this deal together in the end, going to present the revised offer shortly once the vendors get home from work.

I actually run my own Agency here in Perth (it's not Bobcat Realty); I'm the Principal/Licensee.

Let's hope the market picks up over here then by the time you relocate. Do you fancy still keeping in the game once you do arrive down under? I love it despite the need to take heaps of Panadol I've been in the game for 10 years now; wish i had started a lot sooner.......... yet it's not a profession i had any inkling towards really........... it's just that proper jobs were somewhat hard to come by 10 years ago?

Best of luck with your complicated system over there.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 9:20 am
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Bushy
Hi Bushy,

You could take your life in your hands and venture into the Whinging Pom House seller thread...
Old Sep 27th 2007, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Don't know whether I'm feeling brave enough?

Originally Posted by Up To Late
Hi Bushy,

You could take your life in your hands and venture into the Whinging Pom House seller thread...
Old Sep 27th 2007, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Hi all

Bushy
Weel what we all want to know on the dreaded thread that you won't visit is the houseing market going to crash, or do we all have to wait till the spring when things will pick up again.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey Bobcat, seems like I'm talking to the right bloke to get some advice from.

I also love the industry, and I really want to get into real estate in Oz, but how easy is to get into it without PR. I will do my sales certificate, but as we are coming over on my partners student visa, I'm only allowed to work 20 hours a week. I will work more hours for nothing, but whether someone will have me under these circumstances. I am a very good manager, and salesman, and do hope that my experience will give someone the confidence to believe in me. What are your thoughts?

Bushy

Originally Posted by Bobcat
Sorry Bushy............ i completely misread your post; i assumed you were an Agent in QLD? (missis keeps telling me to get off the bloody computer........ get some kip..... yer eyes are like p**s holes in the snow blah blah blah!).

All the states operate differently down-under; i was assuming you were in QLD and i wanted to pick your brain re the 48-hour clause? I got this deal together in the end, going to present the revised offer shortly once the vendors get home from work.

I actually run my own Agency here in Perth (it's not Bobcat Realty); I'm the Principal/Licensee.

Let's hope the market picks up over here then by the time you relocate. Do you fancy still keeping in the game once you do arrive down under? I love it despite the need to take heaps of Panadol I've been in the game for 10 years now; wish i had started a lot sooner.......... yet it's not a profession i had any inkling towards really........... it's just that proper jobs were somewhat hard to come by 10 years ago?

Best of luck with your complicated system over there.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Don't think it will crash, I'ts dipping slightly now in some area's, and will probabaly stagnate for a while, then go up again, could be 3 months or 3 years, but it won't crash. My advice is to take a sensible offer seriously. Next 6 weeks is vital as people want to be in there new homes for Xmas. It is slow at the moment, but be positive and keep on to your agent.

Bushy.

Originally Posted by somme
Weel what we all want to know on the dreaded thread that you won't visit is the houseing market going to crash, or do we all have to wait till the spring when things will pick up again.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Don't think it will crash, I'ts dipping slightly now in some area's, and will probabaly stagnate for a while, then go up again, could be 3 months or 3 years, but it won't crash. My advice is to take a sensible offer seriously. Next 6 weeks is vital as people want to be in there new homes for Xmas. It is slow at the moment, but be positive and keep on to your agent.

Bushy.
Thanks for the posative advice See you in Oz, as we are hoping to go to queensland too.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:30 pm
Professional Dreamer!

Big Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really nice

Hi all

Bushy
Hi Bushy,
When people ask for offers over a certain amount, what percentage over it are they likely to get? Are they just as likely to get offers below? Is it worth offering to pay stamp duty?
Cheers
BS
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:37 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

hi bushy

i could do with some serious advice and tips pleeeeeeaaasse!!!!!!

we have had our house on the market for 18 months,used several estate agents and still no buyers or offers
we have reduced it by approx ten grand and still no buyers or offers
our estate agents are getting people in for us but still nothing
we have been told its worth what we are asking its decorated neutrally we have put in our particullars that any items of furniture, fixtures and fittings can be included if required

so pleeeeaaaase any help is greatfully accepted
thanks in advance

jan xx
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

estherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really nice

Hi all

Bushy

Bushy G'Day,

We thought we got lucky after being on the market for 4 weeks and getting a full asking price. How wrong am I, guy has had mortgage offer and survey
done. But due to surveyor being a little on the fine tooth comb pointed out areas of the house to have extra reports. We are now 6 weeks down the line,
EA is not supporting us but keeps saying to let him carry on. I want to know if the buyer still wants the house and to hurry up.What can we do, EA hates the sound of my voice!!! What can do to get things moving . Buyer seems to be playing it all his way, he knows we want to be oz asap.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.