Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

house building insurance

house building insurance

Old Jun 10th 2010, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

kendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nice
Default house building insurance

Help!! Trying to sort out some building cover for the new house, finding it all very complicated, some are coming out with rebuild costs of a million and others are saying rebuild cost of $400,000 and I am putting in the same information - going round in circles now and am soooooooooo stressed with it all!!! What am I doing wrong? Had a man at home that did all this sort of stuff - god where is Colin when you need him!!!! Don't even start me on Telstra today!!!!!!!
Old Jun 10th 2010, 12:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: house building insurance

Deep breath... cup of tea.....

spoken to a 'live' person about it?

our bank bloke who sorted the nmortgage was a great help...

remember Its not "just" the rebuild, but the additional costs of clearing the wreckage from the block should a tornado hit...

thought that would cheer you up
Old Jun 10th 2010, 12:25 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kendalanita
Help!! Trying to sort out some building cover for the new house, finding it all very complicated, some are coming out with rebuild costs of a million and others are saying rebuild cost of $400,000 and I am putting in the same information - going round in circles now and am soooooooooo stressed with it all!!! What am I doing wrong? Had a man at home that did all this sort of stuff - god where is Colin when you need him!!!! Don't even start me on Telstra today!!!!!!!
work it out on 1200 to 2000 per sq/mtr plus 10,000 for demolition.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

kendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nice

Thanks for that, just spoken to a very nice 'real' person at NRMA and he was very helpful - just wish he worked for Telstra too!!!
Old Jun 10th 2010, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

I took our insurance out with AAMI, they cover all costs and base the insurance premium of the house construction material and number of bedrooms rather than asking you to provide a rebuild cost
Old Jun 11th 2010, 5:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kendalanita
Our bank also sorted out our insurance - I originally put in a rebuild figure that was quite high and she said to put what the build cost and add 25% for inflation and should be fine...

We are insured with Allianz if that helps and have already had to claim off them for a break-in absolutely no dramas....