Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

House builders in Perth

House builders in Perth

Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:17 am
FiP
Forum Regular

FiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really nice
Cool House builders in Perth

Does anyone have any good/bad reports on house builders in Perth?

I have heard that previously Scott Park had a good reputation but are really bad now (late completing/not building to plan and fitting damaged/broken fittings) and my sister is having a bad building experience with them and has seen irate clients in their offices trying to resolve issues or at least speak to someone.

We have land but have yet to decide on a builder. Any experiences (good or bad) gratefully received.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:24 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: House builders in Perth

Have to agree about ScottPark homes.
A couple i know have just moved into their newly built home, with certain things missing...like..TV ariel socket, plug socket for cooker, door locks faulty, plastering terrible.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:35 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FiP
Does anyone have any good/bad reports on house builders in Perth?

I have heard that previously Scott Park had a good reputation but are really bad now (late completing/not building to plan and fitting damaged/broken fittings) and my sister is having a bad building experience with them and has seen irate clients in their offices trying to resolve issues or at least speak to someone.

We have land but have yet to decide on a builder. Any experiences (good or bad) gratefully received.
I wonder if that's why they've conveniently changed their name to 'Red Ink'

A couple of years ago they were one of the best builders around and had multiple awards from the Master Builder's Association. Must've changed hands
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:37 am

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

We are building with 'Impressions' who are a WA company.

So far no problems, and fingers crossed there won't be any
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:40 am

I'm actually doing a thread on our house build from start to finish if you are interested. If you are not building in the next few months it might be an idea to keep an eye on it to see how everything works out:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429618
Old Jun 20th 2007, 5:19 am
Just Joined

CLAIREDEREK is an unknown quantity at this point

Moved into our new house Nov 2006. Built by Dale Alcock. Would definately recommend them. 19 weeks from slab down to getting keys. Was informed every week of progress. Quality and finish excellent.

Claire
Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

OH recommends Dale Alcock and Celebration Homes
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=ohippy;4940379]OH recommends Dale Alcock and Celebration Homes[/QUOTE

Mine is a Celebration home and had no problems with it, slab down last Jan moved in last august. Guy came round to do the 6 month check and we could not find anything wrong.

Neighbours built with Affordable living , facing bricks on inside of garage so they had to have the front rendered, internal door frames round the wrong way so the light switches are behind the doors, no compensation either, personally i would of got them to knock it down and start again

Di
Old Jun 21st 2007, 4:59 am
FiP
Forum Regular

FiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really nice

Thanks for all your comments, Dale Alcock was on my list as a potential builder and am pleased to hear of good experience.

It seems the founder of Scott Park Builders, Scott Park himself, sold out and left to set up the new venture Red Ink and things have seriously gone wrong at his old company. I reckon Scott Park took anyone any good at their job with him to Red Ink and left the dross at Scott Park!

My sister had 3 office liaison contacts at Scott Park, all who have left and now has the third site surpervisor who hasn't a clue and cannot finish the house build nearly a year after slab down.
I know some things will go wrong on a new house build but Scott Park can't or won't rectify things.
They fitted the wrong bath, wrong cooktop, wrong (and damaged) oven and dishwasher, tiling was damaged, door handles were faulty, the pastering wasn't finished and was of a poor standard, the ceilings were stained and not completed, dishwasher wasn't installed correclty, kitchen units and worktop was damaged, the front door frame wasn't the right size so they had cut down and infilled with additional bricks to try to correct the problem. It looked a mess and wasn't was per plan. The kitchen extractor fan made a loud clattering noise and the site supervisor said it was 'normal'. We then found out the fan extractor didn't extract to anywhere because they couldn't be bother to put the exhaust tube in! There was no garage door either.
These are only a few issues of many we discovered after they called my sister from the UK to the pre key hand over! They hadn't even finished the roofing or paving or removed their rubbish! 2 months later it's still not finished.

It's a great idea to set up a house building link, I will certainly follow it with interest - thanks and good luck with the build Tiawamutu. I really think you need to be there regularly on site and keep an eye (and camera) on the progress.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

i've just moved into our house which was built by dale alcock. can not praise them enough. (beside missing privacy locks!). good quality and great custumer relations.
dom