Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

hotels near melbourne international aiport - one night stay

Wikiposts

hotels near melbourne international aiport - one night stay

Old Oct 17th 2011, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about
Default hotels near melbourne international aiport - one night stay

Hi all,

After doing 17 hrs flight, I will be arriving @ Melbourne international airport where I will be staying 8 hrs to take next flight to Adelaide.

I am actually looking a cheap stay for 8 hrs near airport so that I can relax before taking Adelaide flight.

I am looking for single bed space for 8 hrs . Can you tell/guide me what where to book one ?

Thanks
Peace!
Old Oct 17th 2011, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hotels near melbourne international aiport - one night stay

I worked at Melbourne Airport, went down supposedly for three weeks but it lasted 18 months. Tried several hotels in the area but always went back to Ciloms Airport Lodge where I ended up staying for around 12 months. Food was good, rooms clean and the staff were helpful. They had a shuttle, I used to call them from one of those freephone hotel boards at the airport but keep their number handy in case someone else is monopolising the phone. Often I would walk to the airport, took about 20 minutes. All this was a bit over twelve years ago, since then an airport hotel has been built over the airport carpark. Melbourne airport is a well laid out airport, it used to have the International in the middle, Qantas Domestic on one side and Ansett Domestic the other. Ansett was liquidated and I presume that Virgin and maybe some others use their old terminal. Their are many motels in the area but I wouldn't even book my M.I.L. into some of them

http://www.ciloms.com.au/

Last edited by NigelWaring; Oct 17th 2011 at 7:50 pm. Reason: typo
Old Oct 17th 2011, 8:57 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: hotels near melbourne international aiport - one night stay

We used the Formule1 hotel at Melbourne airport. Very basic but fine for an overnight stay.