Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Horse riding in Brisbane (or SE QLD)

Horse riding in Brisbane (or SE QLD)

Old Jan 5th 2012, 8:59 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Horse riding in Brisbane (or SE QLD)

My sister is coming out to visit this year and she's got a horse back in England and enjoys horse riding so I thought I might look into a place she could go for a ride over here.

I won't be going with her unless they cater for people who haven't ever ridden much and not at all since they were 10! I prefer riding bikes but she seems to love horses.

I thought there might be places that take riders on the beach or in the hinterland somewhere nice? Any recommendations welcome!

Thanks
Old Jan 5th 2012, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Horse riding in Brisbane (or SE QLD)

Took the kids yesterday to a natural horsemanship place in Bellmere (near Caboulture) called Bellmere Park, 185 Bells Lane, Bellmere QLD 4510.

The contact for the girl (who was really excellent) who gave the instruction is:

KINGWIND HORSEMANSHIP
Emily Saunders
0488 405 450
[email protected]
Old Jan 5th 2012, 10:52 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Took the kids yesterday to a natural horsemanship place in Bellmere (near Caboulture) called Bellmere Park, 185 Bells Lane, Bellmere QLD 4510.

The contact for the girl (who was really excellent) who gave the instruction is:

KINGWIND HORSEMANSHIP
Emily Saunders
0488 405 450
[email protected]
Thanks Kim, I'll check them out
Old Jan 5th 2012, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
My sister is coming out to visit this year and she's got a horse back in England and enjoys horse riding so I thought I might look into a place she could go for a ride over here.

I won't be going with her unless they cater for people who haven't ever ridden much and not at all since they were 10! I prefer riding bikes but she seems to love horses.

I thought there might be places that take riders on the beach or in the hinterland somewhere nice? Any recommendations welcome!

Thanks
I went on horse riding with group of friends with stop over lunch in the local winery & I also haven't ridden since I was 10 or 11 years old, I can't remember what they were called but we got it off the net it was in Dayborough all I can tell you none us could walk straight after 5 hours of riding our legs look like bracts, but it was great fun.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma

Thanks
I went horseriding here just before christmas and totally loved it. http://www.pegasuspark.com.au/ Its located in Bangalow about 1.5 hours south of Brisbane.

They take you on a lovely ride through the Bangalow hinterland - scenery is awesome. They also do beach rides during the week, which I'm going to do next time. They cater for all levels of experience and actually get you more involved with the horses as well.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 9:04 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

This place is absolutely stunning and worth a visit even if you don't end up horse riding.

http://www.cherbonwaters.com.au/hors...g/Default.aspx

Truly a beautiful waterfront property.

I haven't ridden there but can vouch for the ambience of the place.

Just a word of warning. If your sister is used to riding in the UK she might find the Western saddles commonly used here take a bit of getting used to.

I used to ride a lot in the UK and never liked the Western tack when I came here so used to ride my old nag bareback. (Too lazy to saddle up really).
Old Jan 6th 2012, 9:13 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Thanks guys, will check out all of these places
Old Jan 6th 2012, 9:17 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Originally Posted by brissybee
This place is absolutely stunning and worth a visit even if you don't end up horse riding.

http://www.cherbonwaters.com.au/hors...g/Default.aspx

Truly a beautiful waterfront property.

I haven't ridden there but can vouch for the ambience of the place.

Just a word of warning. If your sister is used to riding in the UK she might find the Western saddles commonly used here take a bit of getting used to.

I used to ride a lot in the UK and never liked the Western tack when I came here so used to ride my old nag bareback. (Too lazy to saddle up really).
Yeah I guess she'll be used to the UK saddles etc, although she did live in the States for a year and I seem to remember her saying something about saddled being different over there. Hopefully it'll be fine (I'm more concerned with how my arse will take it if I go with her!)