British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Horror Story - Avoid if scared of spiders (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/horror-story-avoid-if-scared-spiders-511615/)

steve_uk Mar 1st 2008 11:20 am

Re: Horror Story - Avoid if scared of spiders

On my last visit to Oz i managed to get bitten by a spider. I didn't see it as it happened whilst asleep. Had a little bite mark on my arm in the morning and 24 hours later had a swell the size a tennis ball on my arm! :(

Went to see a GP (on a Sunday as they are open there). Had an injection in the arse and some tablets. Was all better 12 hours later. The doctor said it would have been a White Tail spider.:curse:

joho Mar 1st 2008 6:48 pm

Re: Horror Story - Avoid if scared of spiders

Originally Posted by JackTheLad (Post 5882297)
Right, I was out on the patio, and my dog spots a spider just sitting there. He jumps a bit (the dog not the spider), when it moves a little. Then he starts going mental. Hes rolling around on the ground biting his paws, trying to biting his tail running back and forth like a mad thing.

So I take him inside, and he is no better, still running around, biting himself, licking his paws, and generally getting on my nerves. So I put him outside again.

Still no better, still going mental. So I go out to the patio, and sure enough, the spider is still sitting where it was, its about half the size of my hand, and fairly plump. So I thought, well, part of the solution is to kill the big bugger. So I stamped on it... :eek:

This is where the horror begins:

Hundreds of little spiders came flying out from underneath my foot. They all start running away, or up my leg or towards Jock my dog. He runs off in panic, so I have to run off to the garage and open the car boot so he can jump in, and then I shut it, then I go and get disinfectant and pour it all over where the spider is. AND IT SPRINTS OF, it was never dead, I just gave it the push it needed to produce 100s of little spiders.

AHHHHHHHHHH:eek:

And no I'm not on drugs, and not hallucinating. But that has got to be the most scariest thing I've seen since I've been in Oz. Stamp on a spider, get thousands more. Jeez, getting to sleep tonight will be tough, I'm looking forward to the dreams.:unsure:

The dog's still freaked out. But I've got him inside, at least now I understand what was freaking him out. Mummy spider was producing lots of babies.

JTL

I have nearly wet myself laughing so much, thank you.

I know its not a joke and I know if I was in you posistion I would have freaked the same. But ROFL and wet pants.

It also reminds me of that advert for Crosby Shoes ? where she trys to kill the spider with one of them and it just groans yeah baby or something like that.

Jo (now going to change underwear with mental note to oneself to put a tena in for next time).