Hoon Laws

Old Jan 8th 2010, 5:33 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Hoon Laws

What do you think of the new hoon laws that impound cars for a month if caught hooning?

Did anyone hear about the doctor who had his car in for a service and someone from the garage was caught doing 60km over the limit in it and the car has been impounded even though the owner knew nothing about it?

Personally I am all for crushing cars belonging to hoons but not sure about the doctor, poor sod didnt even know his car was being used for that.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hoon Laws

Hit them where it hurts I say!Shame about the doc's car,surely he could supply some form of evidence?
Old Jan 8th 2010, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

It made me laugh that the police say it is not the car owners fault and his car should not be impounded but they can't do anything about it!Sue.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 8:26 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Hit them where it hurts I say!Shame about the doc's car,surely he could supply some form of evidence?
OH the cops know its not him, he had no knowledge at all as the car was in the garage, I think it was someone that either owned or worked at the garage that was caught hooning in it 60km p/h over the speed limit.

That means if someone steals your car and hoons in it, its impounded!
Old Jan 8th 2010, 8:28 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
OH the cops know its not him, he had no knowledge at all as the car was in the garage, I think it was someone that either owned or worked at the garage that was caught hooning in it 60km p/h over the speed limit.

WA have always had weird and wonderful laws
Old Jan 8th 2010, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
WA have always had weird and wonderful laws
Its very odd though to penalise the owner of the car for trusting a garage to service his car, his car to be used in this fashion without his consent and he pays the price.

I wonder whats happening to the garage staff member?
Old Jan 8th 2010, 8:35 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Its very odd though to penalise the owner of the car for trusting a garage to service his car, his car to be used in this fashion without his consent and he pays the price.

I wonder whats happening to the garage staff member?
I can't believe it myself. It ridiculous.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 8:44 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Thought he was talking about this.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hooning
Old Jan 8th 2010, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

On the radio they have now said that they will make an amendment to the laws to enable the hoons car to be impounded rather than the doctors car!Sue.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I understand that,but if you can prove it was'nt you hooning then surely thats good enough reason not to impound the car?
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:25 am

Yeah I understand that,but if you can prove it was'nt you hooning then surely thats good enough reason not to impound the car?
The police know the doctor wasnt in the car, the mechanic was caught, identified and the car taken from him and impounded.

But they have said tonight on the news the law is going to be revised.

My colleague was talking to me about a cop whose son was hooning and he ran over and killed a little girl. The copper grassed him up to the police the next day and the guy was charged - I dont know what state that was in though.

I think hooning should carry high penalties, we have had an increase in hooning where I live and it isnt nice.

Take the car, crush the car and let the bastards suffer. The doctor didnt deserve to have his car taken away though because he wasnt the hoon, the cops he knew it and it wasnt fair that he had to pay the price for a mechanic on a speed trip.

As for the cop that grassed his son up for hooning - fair play to him, hopefully any decent parent would do the same.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

It creates too much of a grey area if they don't impound the car straight away , too many people would say I didn't know such and such was driving my car . It is tough but I think all the added expense ,
fines etc will stop some of these ( can,t say young as he was 53) idiots
Old Jan 8th 2010, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was odd that the Dr needed his car for work as he was the only one working in his practice, He also needed his car to visit patients on home visits. Just wonder how many home visits he has made in his Lamboguinni (sp). He obviously doesn't need it at the moment as he was speaking from Singapore this afternoon

It makes a whole mockery of the laws in-force here in WA. The law should not be flexible, They make laws they should stick by them or not make ridiculous laws in the first place.

John
Old Jan 8th 2010, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of light

I have les regard for hoons than I do the trolls who frequent this 'family forum'.

.......apologies if that sounded like trolling. I swear it's not meant to be.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

If the garage was at fault for letting one of its employees hoon in a client's car then they should have compensated the doctor. I'd sue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.