Hong Kong Citizens

Old Jul 7th 2020, 12:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hong Kong Citizens

https://www.smh.com.au/national/aust...06-p559fp.html

Interesting article. Clearly a major global ploy to really piss off the CCP.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 12:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hong Kong Citizens

Australia will seek out the supposed richest and skilled. The numbers will be interesting. If UK is suggesting help with the resettlement
of three million, the logistics will be incredible.
Obviously to make a real contribution. Australia would be required to take in many tens of thousands. Together with Canada and USA
and I guess NZ.
The financial lobby and especially housing lobby will be applauding any decision (more the better) to arrest decline in that industry.

On another level, a direct attack on China. It will be seen, with some justification, as an attack on their internal affairs and an attempt
to subvert the economy. Although HK, doesn't hold the importance it once did, the loss of face, could be expected to see a response,
possibly along economic grounds from PRC.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Taiwan is also opening up its doors.

CCP, anyways, wants to deliberately weaken Hong Kong in favour of Shanghai.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 4:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
Taiwan is also opening up its doors.

CCP, anyways, wants to deliberately weaken Hong Kong in favour of Shanghai.
Yep, the world against China. You know what. So it should be. China has put the world in a very bad position with Coronavirus, we've been there before with SARS, its not like lessons were not learned. The people of HK, many of whom are well educated and have money should be given the opportunity elsewhere.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine, last week asked me how weird the behaviour of the CCP was, to pick a fight simultaneously with India to the west, Australia to the south, and the Americans/Japanese to the east. Now I see this morning, Bhutan as well.

I said - not weird at all, when you consider that the CCP's foreign policy is based on the principle of Han exceptionalism and superiority. Who cares what the neighbours think, and why should you try to bargain and negotiate with them, when they are inferior to you? If you bide your time correctly you can just push them out of the way and do what you want.

The CCP has been acting domestically this way for decades, Tibetans, Uighyurs, Muslims etc. The Cantonese-speaking Hong Kongers, now tainted (in the eyes of the CCP) with foreign British influence, don't stand a chance now that all the pretense has been dropped. Many saw the writing on the wall a long time ago which is why for decades there have been such vibrant Cantonese communities in California, Vancouver, Sydney etc.

In the past few months both the Philippines and Thailand have had rapprochements with the Americans and broadened the scope of their treaty alliances. Vietnam has become a US ally in all but name, and the Vietnamese also joined the TPP11. Guess why . . . and again, not that the CCP cares, because they don't. They are going to keep doing what they do.

Note that I am distinguishing between the CCP and China.

Old Jul 7th 2020, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by carcajou
Note that I am distinguishing between the CCP and China.
I did notice.
Old Jul 9th 2020, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Yep, the world against China. You know what. So it should be.
Philosophically, I agree with you, though the coronavirus blame-game is a furphy.

Rather, China should be held to account for picking diplomatic fights with pretty much every neighbour and every trading partner it has, and only coordinated action amongst those neighbours and trading partners will force China to reconsider that strategy.

But I'm not convinced that Australia should be first over the parapets in that diplomatic struggle, while lacking reliable support from our traditional strategic and regional partners, notably the US. Trump's China policy has veered from xenophobia to appeasement, and back again. And if Biden gets in, I'm guessing that chaos will be replaced by waffle.
Old Jul 12th 2020, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

But it's not the world against China is It? China is increasingly getting involved with Iran and Russia. It looks to expand into Iraq and Syria. It has great relations with Pakistan. It is already well entrenched in Cambodia and Laos.
It has pushed Taiwan almost out of all Africa, and has some key relations with governments there.

The PRC does not insist on human rights as a condition of friendship and/or trade, as such goes down well with a lot of African regimes.

Australia seems to be playing a modern version of PM Harold Holts "All the way with LBJ" slogan, on President Johnsons 66 visit to Australia. Which obviously got Australia involved in Vietnam.
There is no valid reason for Australia, to take a front line stance ahead and above other democracies . The result could indeed be severe on the economy, where some 38% of exports from memory is with China.

Actually I detect some' lessening of resolve' with most recent statements from government with regards to HK residents getting PR.
Old Jul 14th 2020, 12:54 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, the world against China. You know what. So it should be. China has put the world in a very bad position with Coronavirus, we've been there before with SARS, its not like lessons were not learned. The people of HK, many of whom are well educated and have money should be given the opportunity elsewhere.
I think it's great to be offering the Hongkies a lifeline - while at the same time providing some support for our universities. I've not read it anywhere, but has a plan been put in place to exempt them from the citizens and residents only arrivals restrictions or do they have to wait until the CCP virus restrictions have passed? If the latter, then I reckon they'll be waiting a very long time...
Old Jul 14th 2020, 1:14 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
I think it's great to be offering the Hongkies a lifeline - while at the same time providing some support for our universities. I've not read it anywhere, but has a plan been put in place to exempt them from the citizens and residents only arrivals restrictions or do they have to wait until the CCP virus restrictions have passed? If the latter, then I reckon they'll be waiting a very long time...
I reckon that our overall migration intake shouldn't increase but priority should be given to HK citizens for the next, say, 5 years. So no asylum seekers or refugees. No migrants or property investors from the PRC. Just HK citizens. We should also make an allowance for some South African farmers who are being murdered, beaten and raped off their land - a systematic process that is being aided and abetted by their corrupt, backward and hateful government. All post the kung flu overreaction of course
Old Jul 14th 2020, 1:25 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I reckon that our overall migration intake shouldn't increase but priority should be given to HK citizens for the next, say, 5 years. So no asylum seekers or refugees. No migrants or property investors from the PRC. Just HK citizens. We should also make an allowance for some South African farmers who are being murdered, beaten and raped off their land - a systematic process that is being aided and abetted by their corrupt, backward and hateful government. All post the kung flu overreaction of course
I agree with all of that, and as far as the South African farmers are concerned, too bad that their own country and government doesn't value them - we will. We should be sending missions over there with the aim of recruiting and assisting entire communities to relocate to Australia. Their skills would not go to waste as they are in South Africa and they would thrive over here.
Old Jul 14th 2020, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Originally Posted by paulry
I agree with all of that, and as far as the South African farmers are concerned, too bad that their own country and government doesn't value them - we will. We should be sending missions over there with the aim of recruiting and assisting entire communities to relocate to Australia. Their skills would not go to waste as they are in South Africa and they would thrive over here.
I'm working with a few saffers at the moment, and some of the stories they tell are heart breaking. To top it all the people doing the killing think they don't need farms because their food comes from a supermarket. This should be hitting the news way more than it does.
Old Jul 15th 2020, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There are already pathways for South Africans to emigrate to Australia. There is no need to bring in more as refugees at this point in time. Crime as long been an issue and remains so in RSA. Murder rates are close to world highest, with only a few Central and South American nations topping it.
So those advocating for special visa's for farmers, are they claiming refugee status should be applied due to farmers being a victim of crime?? Then what about other victims of crime not farmers and not necessary white?
What such a move would do would be to accelerate the decline of the white population of South Africa and further decline an already precarious economy.
I'm well aware of what far right South African web sites are and have been for a long time stating. But its more complicated than that. I know a few South Africans that took a look at Australia, and didn't like it at all. One thing too many rules and these are tough type individuals, who do very well in South Africa (whites still by far control the economy) here they would be 'under' others and 'lees free'. As I say, not just a simple procedure of opening the doors and saying 'come in'. Although a number of city based folk would likely take up the offer.

Unless special conditions are made for Hong Kongers, it is very unlikely many would make the selection being unable to qualify for BOP's.
I trust those approving Hong Kong residents, are not just advocating due to perceived anti communist platform. Should the super rich property tycoons and corrupt money be allowed in as well?
Old Jul 16th 2020, 1:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Should the super rich property tycoons and corrupt money be allowed in as well?
They are the exact types we want and I think we should be encouraging a pathway where that money must be invested in Australia.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 5:48 am
Banned

They are the exact types we want and I think we should be encouraging a pathway where that money must be invested in Australia.
I agree. The money, the skills, the talent, and the hard working, freedom-loving spirit. They'll make great Aussies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.