Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Be honest! Do you think Australia is as bad as some people make out?

Wikiposts

Be honest! Do you think Australia is as bad as some people make out?

Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:53 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Be honest! Do you think Australia is as bad as some people make out?

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Yes it's terrible. I left the place more than 5 years ago - and I'm Australian!

Don't go there. You'd be better off with a weekend in Skegness. During winter. With a £5 budget.
When do you arrive back?
Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Be honest! Do you think Australia is as bad as some people make out?

I like it now.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure parts of it are and I'm sure some people's experiences are.

We have been very fortunate
Old Jun 16th 2009, 11:08 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Be honest! Do you think Australia is as bad as some people make out?

Originally Posted by Deancm
When do you arrive back?
September. Naturally I am dreading it because Australia is such a hideous place to live.

Anyone got a booking for Butlins in Skegness that they don't want anymore?
Old Jun 16th 2009, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future

oh god! Booked the flights for Sept....need to stop reading about how bad it is! Can't be worse than Blackburn, surely!
Old Jun 16th 2009, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snoo
oh god! Booked the flights for Sept....need to stop reading about how bad it is! Can't be worse than Blackburn, surely!
Do you find Australians in Blackburn?
Old Jun 17th 2009, 12:12 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Be honest! Do you think Australia is as bad as some people make out?

You nearly did when I almost took a wrong turn this year. Fortunately my satnav directed me safely away from the area.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future

Jeez I hope not, wouldn't want to inflict this hole on anyone who has a choice!
And where do you get a satnav like that?? I want one!! Infact, we had ours nicked at wknd! But not too worried, would need a new one for our move anyway....they can keep it! And keep Blackburn too!

So.....Australia isn't so bad?...it just depends where you come from in the first place eh? Of course!...We can't all be so lucky as to have been born and raised in good areas, so our appreciation of Oz may be different from others! Perception is an individual issue I suppose!

Lisa,x
Old Jun 17th 2009, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snoo
Definitely not worse than Blackburn - nowhere in Australia is that bad!!!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 12:59 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Blackburn

James Hargreaves, inventor of the spinning jenny, was a weaver in Blackburn.

Blackburn was a boomtown of the Industrial Revolution, and amongst the first industrialised towns in the world.

Blackburn's textile sector fell into a terminal decline from the mid-20th century. Blackburn has subsequently faced similar challenges to other post-industrial northern towns, including deindustrialisation, economic deprivation and housing issues. Since the 1950s the town has experienced significant levels of immigration, particularly from India and Pakistan, and consequently has the third highest proportion of Muslims in England and Wales and the highest in the United Kingdom outside London. Blackburn has experienced strained community relations in some areas.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hebe
Definitely not worse than Blackburn - nowhere in Australia is that bad!!!
Phew!! I'll get mi hat with the corks back out of the bin!! Cheers!! haha!

And Willblack.....that's a really polite way of putting it...although it's slightly dated now! That was 'the good old days'!! haha!

Lisa,x
Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:06 am
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice

It's a shame that no one can mention Blackburn without race coming into it. I suppose you feel at home in Australia!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

who mentioned race, apart from the factual 'quote' from willblack? If you want me to pm you with all of the intolerable problems we have had I will gladly do so.

I have just deleted a very long email telling you of all of the problems we have had and I'm telling you now, YOU would not put up with it!! Why should we?

Live and let live I say, shame WE cannot live our lives in peace!
Anyway, I'm ending this post about racism.....we are not racist, just bloody sick and tired that it's one rule for one...........END!!

This thread is about Aus being 'bad'.....lets get it back on track!

Last edited by snoo; Jun 17th 2009 at 3:57 am.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
September. Naturally I am dreading it because Australia is such a hideous place to live.

Anyone got a booking for Butlins in Skegness that they don't want anymore?
Butlins Skegness?? i heard their gonna knock it down and build a slum....
Old Jun 17th 2009, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

AlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and trying to find out as much information as possible about Australia. Can someone tell me which part of Australia, Skegness is in please ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.