Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Holidays Homes - Perth.

Holidays Homes - Perth.

Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of
Question Holidays Homes - Perth.

Hi Everybody,

Not been on for a while (sorry) trying to sort out the move etc etc !!!

Well, we have booked flights for reckie trip (7th February for 3 weeks, can't wait, like a child at Xmas) and are flying into Perth and out of Melbourne

Me and the hubby moved out of our house and back in with my parents a little nervous at first but hey, it will be worth it in the end

Well, the whole point of my post is to pick your brains really, I am looking for a holiday home between 10th Feb-17th Feb 09 and was wondering whether anybody could point me in the right direction ?

Ideally, I am looking for a house with a pool, somewhere not a million miles from anything, close to the highways so we can get out and do some exploring?

Any ideas ??????

Thanks
Dee.
xx
Old Aug 27th 2008, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Holidays Homes - Perth.

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01
Hi Everybody,

Not been on for a while (sorry) trying to sort out the move etc etc !!!

Well, we have booked flights for reckie trip (7th February for 3 weeks, can't wait, like a child at Xmas) and are flying into Perth and out of Melbourne

Me and the hubby moved out of our house and back in with my parents a little nervous at first but hey, it will be worth it in the end

Well, the whole point of my post is to pick your brains really, I am looking for a holiday home between 10th Feb-17th Feb 09 and was wondering whether anybody could point me in the right direction ?

Ideally, I am looking for a house with a pool, somewhere not a million miles from anything, close to the highways so we can get out and do some exploring?

Any ideas ??????

Thanks
Dee.
xx
Have you tried ozstays?
Old Aug 27th 2008, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Have you tried ozstays?
Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the message.

Funnily enough, I found 2 houses on there last night, and I have sent e-mails, I know we will find SOMEWHERE, but with it being peak time, I dont want to be left with the dribs and drabs.

Just while I've got your attention (and you live in Perth) can you offer any ideas on where to look for jobs, which areas to look at for houses

Thanks Again Sandra
Donna.
x
Old Aug 27th 2008, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the message.

Funnily enough, I found 2 houses on there last night, and I have sent e-mails, I know we will find SOMEWHERE, but with it being peak time, I dont want to be left with the dribs and drabs.

Just while I've got your attention (and you live in Perth) can you offer any ideas on where to look for jobs, which areas to look at for houses

Thanks Again Sandra
Donna.
x
Now that all depends on WHERE you want to live....and as for jobs....there are loads out there.
What areas do you fancy?
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Now that all depends on WHERE you want to live....and as for jobs....there are loads out there.
What areas do you fancy?
Hi Sandra,

We are looking for somewhere near the coast, no further than 45 minutes away to be realistic.

We have been looking at Mindarie, Mandurah, Rockingham, but these are all right on the coast, arrgghh, really not sure.

We are 26 and 29, married, no kids, so somewhere we could fit in.

What worries me is, we arrive in Perth on 10th February and DO NOT know where to start !!!!!

D.
x
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Sandra,

We are looking for somewhere near the coast, no further than 45 minutes away to be realistic.

We have been looking at Mindarie, Mandurah, Rockingham, but these are all right on the coast, arrgghh, really not sure.

What worries me is, we arrive in Perth on 10th February and DO NOT know where to start !!!!!

D.
x
So do you want north and south......All these are on the coast.Another factor is $$$$ if you are looking at buying!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

So do you want north and south......All these are on the coast.Another factor is $$$$ if you are looking at buying!
I am not too concerned with North or South unless you can make a recommendation ?? We are looking to rent for at least 18months beofre we even consider buying a house.

As I say, I do not mind inland about 45 minutes, obviously the hubbies job will have a big factor in where we go, he is a welder / fabricator, but an indication of what areas are like would be great, we would love to have a good staring point for Feb.

Sorry to be vague.

D.
x
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am not too concerned with North or South unless you can make a recommendation ?? We are looking to rent for at least 18months beofre we even consider buying a house.

As I say, I do not mind inland about 45 minutes, obviously the hubbies job will have a big factor in where we go, he is a welder / fabricator, but an indication of what areas are like would be great, we would love to have a good staring point for Feb.

Sorry to be vague.

D.
x

Going inland 45mins will take you into the hills...whilst some love it....it gets too hot for me in summer!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Going inland 45mins will take you into the hills...whilst some love it....it gets too hot for me in summer!
Oh gosh, I think I am going round in circles !!

Where abouts are you located, North or South ?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 3:44 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Mandurah and Rockingham are not in Perth .

Gina
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Mandurah and Rockingham are not in Perth .

Gina
Hi Gina,

What I mean is, around this area

Can you offer any advice on these areas ?

When I get there I will probably end up working around like a lost sheep !!!

D.x
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sandra,

D.
x

Hi

I cant really comment about the South as we live in the North ! Im thinking as you are both young and have no kids, Joondalup may suit you. Its has plenty of restaurants and a few pubs , good shopping centre and cinema etc !
Also the train station which will get you into Perth in about 30 mins !
Its also only 10 to 15 mins to the beach !
Im not sure about work wise though, the thing to remember is the closer to the city the more the rentals will cost you.

Good luck

Nicky
Old Aug 28th 2008, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Hi

I cant really comment about the South as we live in the North ! Im thinking as you are both young and have no kids, Joondalup may suit you. Its has plenty of restaurants and a few pubs , good shopping centre and cinema etc !
Im not sure about work wise though, the thing to remember is the closer to the city the more the rentals will cost you.

Good luck

Nicky
Hi Nicky,

You are a star !!! I will def check this place out, sounds exactly what we are looking for. Not far from the beach, city or possible work.

The house we are looking at renting is only 15 minutes from here so sounds like a fab starting point.

Many Thanks Again Nicky

Donna.
x
Old Aug 28th 2008, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Hi

Good luck

Nicky

Too many bloody poms in Joondy!!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Is there room for 2 more !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.