Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

HMRC has lost the full details of all child benefit recipients

HMRC has lost the full details of all child benefit recipients

Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:37 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HMRC has lost the full details of all child benefit recipients

You've got to wonder why they don't have an intranet connection between the two departments. Having said that I realise that there's probably been a £20bn project going on for the last 5 years to achieve this.

Government Gateway my ar*e
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

NAO can't have a link to every government department they audit - the costs (paid by the taxpayer) would be prohibitive in the extreme.

Internal post though, Christ, that was ridiculous. Its probably still sitting in a depot somewhere to arrive by next summer. Maybe the one after. I never send anything important internal post, I can only guarantee it won't arrive for at least 3 weeks, one week of which has been tracking down exactly where the hell its been sitting for the previous 2.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK Child Benefit 'Mishap'

Just a quick heads up for those still with UK bank accounts / child benefit:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7103566.stm

Unbe*ferkin*lievable.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:23 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Child Benefit 'Mishap'

Originally Posted by spartacus
Just a quick heads up for those still with UK bank accounts / child benefit:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7103566.stm

Unbe*ferkin*lievable.
thats a ****** disgrace that is
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:24 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NikiL
NAO can't have a link to every government department they audit - the costs (paid by the taxpayer) would be prohibitive in the extreme.

Can't see why it would be expensive? Transferring stuff electronically has been done for years. Remote offices and connections have also been around for years.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 2:29 am
Just Joined

micko has a brilliant futuremicko has a brilliant futuremicko has a brilliant futuremicko has a brilliant futuremicko has a brilliant futuremicko has a brilliant futuremicko has a brilliant future

So can they be trusted to set up a national identity database with all our details. So they can dish out ID cards and supposedly prevent illeagal immigration?????:curse:
Old Nov 21st 2007, 5:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The data was sent on 18 October and senior management at HMRC were told it was missing on 8 November Am I missing something here? They obviously use much bigger disks than I do I don't know why anyone is surprised though, the number of people who are stuffed by the Child Benefit morons on here should tell us how incompetent they all are.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 6:12 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: HMRC has lost the full details of all child benefit recipients

If I was receiving child benefit, the money would be the last thing on my mind; I'd be wondering how many perverts now have access to the personal details (including residential address) of my children.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 6:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Alistair Darling is a moronic d*ck. Nice cop out, let's blame the juniors because they didn't follow procedures - yeah right

Certain evil crims would pay a hell of a lot of money for those disks. How can he say they don't think they've fallen into the wrong hands. They're not in the right hands so they must be in the wrong ones wherever they are.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
How can he say they don't think they've fallen into the wrong hands. They're not in the right hands so they must be in the wrong ones wherever they are.
Hey Moneypen, you could be a lawyer with that kind of twisted logic!
Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:18 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Hey Moneypen, you could be a lawyer with that kind of twisted logic!
It makes perfect sense to me Anyway who can trust a bloke with white hair and black eyebrows - he's not normal
Old Nov 21st 2007, 10:58 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

this is going to haunt us for years to come!

bloody idiots!

lastest news is to keep checking your account, look at statements, and if possible change bank accounts!!
change all passwords on everything to do with your account is another thing they have been telling us to do.

all these years they have been telling us to shred everything with our address on, be careful about giving details over the phone or on- line and now they go and do this!

on top of it all now we have to worry about pedophiles getting our kids info!

HMRC are already in hot water after constantly giving out personal information from tax returns to the wrong people and in some cases whole entire files.

i want to see heads roll for this!

those twits have put my financial security at risk and my kids!
Old Nov 21st 2007, 11:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Even if they turn round and say everything is fine, they were misplaced in a folder somewhere you can't believe it. Who knows who's been looking at them for this length of time.

Scary stuff.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 11:13 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Even if they turn round and say everything is fine, they were misplaced in a folder somewhere you can't believe it. Who knows who's been looking at them for this length of time.

Scary stuff.
sent by courier, not regisitered, "not sign for" and i heard somehwere that this is the SECOND COPY!! dont quote me on that, but i am sure thats what i heard on the radio.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

They have turned up http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=290184203092

Seriously though someone needs to swing for this. I assume the data is held encrypted and not in plain text!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.