highschool =)

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

faris226 is on a distinguished road
Default highschool =)

i got into one of the high schools in tarneit....yupiee =D
just a bit nervous about how the ppl are going to be....
cause im from a middle eastern country...is everyone nice??
btw i got into grade 11....
any advice would be appreciated
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

dalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to alldalhousie is a name known to all
Default Re: highschool =)

Hello Faris,

I don't know a lot about schools I am afraid. But Victoria is a very multi-cultural society and children from many nationalities attend both public and private schools. So you probably will not be the only Middle Eastern pupil in the class room. Hopefully you will be assigned a "buddy" to help you through your settling in period.

You will probably feel a little strange and shy at first but that is normal. Don't pretend to be someone you are not. Be your own person, be open and easy going share some of your past experiences with your new friends. The Aussie kids are usually very welcoming and friendly but if you experience any bullying or feel uncomfortable at all, then either talk to your buddy, the class captain or a teacher about it.

All the best Faris and I hope you make lots of friends and have great experiences at your new school and a happy time in Oz
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 9:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by faris226
Wanted to wish you good luck and also point you in the direction of the Youth Club where there are likely to be people who can give you hands on experience.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by faris226
My children go to school in Point Cook not too far away and they have a totally multi-cultural class... Everyone is friendly and they all hang around together. Their friends are from Lebanon, New Zealand, Singapore, Iran, the UK, America... etc... It is lovely to see

I am sure that you will make friends in no time
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

portalplayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We are hoping to move to Point Cook next year. Can you recommend schools. My son is finishing GCSE's next year but will he have to do an extra year at high school in Aus.

Also, your profile shows you in NSW, have you moved or moving? I will be in Sydney for 12 months until OH and son arrive in Melbourne next year when I will join them.

Any info appreciated.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

faris226 is on a distinguished road

www.truelocal.com.au you can find school at this site.
i am also done with my GCSE's,i got admission into the school and they have put me in grade 11.I guess your son will also have to repeat grade 11.However make sure he gets into the school before the second term starts at most,else he will have to catch up alot and maybe they would suggest you to put him into grade 10.
Cheers