Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

HELP this waiting thing is making me fat!!!!

HELP this waiting thing is making me fat!!!!

Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice
Default HELP this waiting thing is making me fat!!!!

Have tried to block it out but OMG i cant stand it!!
I thought we would apply for our visa and just get back to normal life until it was granted (or not as the case may be! ) Is my life going to change, do i really want to go, will we ever get a night out without the kids again, are the schools rubbish (as 1 particular thread is telling me, are we messing up the kids education for abit of sunshine), can we afford a house on the Gold Coast, where to live and is there going to be enough work to keep us in a decent standard of living?
Have tried slimming world, G.I., weight watchers and i just cant focus!:curse:
Its COLD, WET, DARK,and CHRISTMAS is nearly here and i cant get organised
What has happened to me am i going slightly mad or is this all part of the VISA thing?
You'd think i would have more incentive........I have to get this body back into a bikini next year and as it stands i wouldnt subject Oz to it!!! They would either harpoon me or deport me!!!!!!
Anyone else out there in this predicament and could do with a bit of help to chill out and stop the comfort binges.
Claire.x
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP this waiting thing is making me fat!!!!

Nope, nothing to stop it until the visa is granted and then I hope life will turn into one big whirl....and the pounds will drop off.

I have put on over a stone since we started this lark - mainly cos I sit on my backside infront of the PC and eat choccy and drink wine. Ironically, this is just the time I need to be getting fit for the meds.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:29 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gazclaire
Have tried to block it out but OMG i cant stand it!!
I thought we would apply for our visa and just get back to normal life until it was granted (or not as the case may be! ) Is my life going to change, do i really want to go, will we ever get a night out without the kids again, are the schools rubbish (as 1 particular thread is telling me, are we messing up the kids education for abit of sunshine), can we afford a house on the Gold Coast, where to live and is there going to be enough work to keep us in a decent standard of living?
Have tried slimming world, G.I., weight watchers and i just cant focus!:curse:
Its COLD, WET, DARK,and CHRISTMAS is nearly here and i cant get organised
What has happened to me am i going slightly mad or is this all part of the VISA thing?
You'd think i would have more incentive........I have to get this body back into a bikini next year and as it stands i wouldnt subject Oz to it!!! They would either harpoon me or deport me!!!!!!
Anyone else out there in this predicament and could do with a bit of help to chill out and stop the comfort binges.
Claire.x
My sympathies.... But it's not the waiting thing that's making you fat... it's the stuff that's going into your mouth!

It's a very stressful time... try and get out and do something. Go swimming or something or take a class... that's indoors.

I notice you're not due here until just under a year... you could eat a lot of calories in that time!
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

I have to get this body back into a bikini next year and as it stands i wouldnt subject Oz to it!!! They would either harpoon me or deport me!!!!!!

Claire.x
LOL

Whale size would be small here, flubber nation, 'orrible sights on beach.

Last edited by jad n rich; Dec 7th 2007 at 7:41 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

I'm really not that fat i'm just very short for my weight!!!!!
Old Dec 7th 2007, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really not that fat i'm just very short for my weight!!!!!
I'm tall widthways!
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I'm tall widthways!
It cant be that bad eh!
I do feel abit better now that i blurted that out, but i do need to sort out my diet!
Maybe we should have a competition- the 1st one to lose a stone!
At least i'm not the only one stressing.
Thanks for you replys, when will you be going to oz and what part are you heading to?
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It cant be that bad eh!
I do feel abit better now that i blurted that out, but i do need to sort out my diet!
Maybe we should have a competition- the 1st one to lose a stone!
At least i'm not the only one stressing.
Thanks for you replys, when will you be going to oz and what part are you heading to?
We're off to Adelaide. Hopefully next Julyish.

I race to one stone off would be fun. Let's do it after Christmas though.

I'm so stressed as I've been trying to sell my house for 7 months............ I also have a business deal which has gone wrong due to a subcontractor breaking a contract and i might have to sue them....................... It feels like the UK is gripping hold of me and won't let me go.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jad n rich
LOL

Whale size would be small here, flubber nation, 'orrible sights on beach.
That makes me feel better!
I thought oz would be the land of healthy food and the super fit!
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fly Away
We're off to Adelaide. Hopefully next Julyish.

I race to one stone off would be fun. Let's do it after Christmas though.

I'm so stressed as I've been trying to sell my house for 7 months............ I also have a business deal which has gone wrong due to a subcontractor breaking a contract and i might have to sue them....................... It feels like the UK is gripping hold of me and won't let me go.
Oh mate, need that like a hole in the head!
Its a deal dont forget, a race to a stone in the new year
She says sipping a glass of chilled rose
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tell me about it hahaha she says manically...

I'm just enjoying a nice glass of white after a takeaway curry. Very healthy!! No choc today. I've stopped buying it.

It's a deal - see you on Jan 1st!
Old Dec 8th 2007, 8:24 am
Where's my visa?

cascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant future

Well done Claire, another half a stone and you'll catch up with me
I've sent you some karma, special calorie burning weight loss karma heehee!

Wait for the replies from the witless crew who'll tell you "nobody wears bikini's and sunbathes in Oz, skin cancer blah blah blah, just want to burst our bubble. Where you heading we could be bikini clad sunburnt whales toghther and offend them all
Old Dec 8th 2007, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the karma lets pray it stats working soon!
Yeh i suppose your right, but i would like a bit of colour! It takes me a week to go a nice shade of blue
We are headed to the Gold coast not sure what area yet depends on what we can afford and where we like (not been yet), but we are looking at robina, reedy creek sort of areas.
What about you, where are you going?

Last edited by gazclaire; Dec 8th 2007 at 9:04 am.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 11:36 am
Where's my visa?

cascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant future

somewhere within a 60km radius of brisbane, might just stick in a pin to decide. Initally going to Karana Downs about 20 kms eastish of Brisbane, friend has a granny bungalow we can use, but it's in the country away from the beach, so will be moving to where i can offend people with my large white bikini clad butt!
Old Dec 8th 2007, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

You go girl!!
On a lighter note i do feel alot more positive now i've got that off my chest.
It was T.O.M. and i have a horrible cold thing, the kids are driving me nuts and was feeling a bit aaarrrggghhh!!!
I got up this morning changed the beds, put some washing on and even hoovered
Now just curb the sugar rush and i should just about survive this!!!
Am away next weekend without the kids to see some old friends and will be a nice distraction, if only i can squeeze my butt into something half decent! i will enjoy myself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.