Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Help, the packers are here and they want my computer!

Help, the packers are here and they want my computer!

Old Oct 16th 2009, 3:16 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Help, the packers are here and they want my computer!

Hi guys, thanks for all the good wishes, compliments and laughs!

Just a quick update while I have a couple of spare minutes.

Arrived safely in Adelaide at 10:25 this morning. Currently at my mum's place, where we will be for the next couple of days. Moving into our place on Sunday arvo, which will feel great. First flight with Cathay Pacific was rubbish; second one was very good. Will definitely use another airline next time, though (probably Emirates, since we've never had a problem with them).

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Most people have a laptop for just such an event
I do have a laptop (using it right now, in fact!) but I'd already packed it on the day.

Originally Posted by Seasider
(Did you ever grow into that frock coat? )
Yeah! Was just a skinny bachelor back then, but I'd grown into it by the same time next year.

Will post a proper update later, when I have time and things are more settled. Already got two job applications done.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help, the packers are here and they want my computer!

Welcome back home...enjoy
Old Oct 16th 2009, 3:50 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

Arrived safely in Adelaide at 10:25 this morning. Currently at my mum's place, where we will be for the next couple of days. Moving into our place on Sunday arvo, which will feel great. First flight with Cathay Pacific was rubbish; second one was very good. Will definitely use another airline next time, though (probably Emirates, since we've never had a problem with them).

I do have a laptop (using it right now, in fact!) but I'd already packed it on the day.

Yeah! Was just a skinny bachelor back then, but I'd grown into it by the same time next year.

Will post a proper update later, when I have time and things are more settled. Already got two job applications done.
Glad all went well Vash

Looking forward to the update.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Pleased that you and your little family have arrived safely in Adelaide.

All the best on your new adventure.
I guess it helps having family here,it will help you settle just knowing there is someone there for you and your family.

Cheeers I.G.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 7:12 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

That's great!
Old Oct 16th 2009, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

TakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond repute

First flight with Cathay Pacific was rubbish;
Oh, don't tell me that - that's who I'm with, maybe there's a reason they're the cheapest

Good to see you made it in one piece though, hopefully the rest of your stuff does too
Old Oct 16th 2009, 9:13 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Awww, to all of the Stampeeds...safe journey xx
Old Oct 16th 2009, 9:14 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

bugger! Didn't read to the end
Old Oct 27th 2009, 1:15 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we're now in Australia and settling down after all the excitement of the last two weeks.

I've started an update thread; just waiting for the first post to be approved, then I'll... update my update thread.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Oct 27th 2009 at 1:17 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, we're now in Australia and settling down after all the excitement of the last two weeks.

Enjoy mate!

Australia, not the unpacking........
Old Oct 27th 2009, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome home.Hope your wife and the little one loves it.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 7:04 pm
Fighting my corner

Thanks guys! Mrs Stampede absolutely loves the new house, and Numpty Bub is having a great time too. Update thread is here.