Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Help! Need gift ideas for someone returning to Aus from UK

Wikiposts

Help! Need gift ideas for someone returning to Aus from UK

Old Sep 30th 2010, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help! Need gift ideas for someone returning to Aus from UK

A colleague of ours emigrated to Australia a couple of years ago and is now back in UK on holiday. We are meeting up soon and I would like to give her something smallish to take back to Aus that she can't get there. I would be grateful for any clues
Old Sep 30th 2010, 8:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! Need gift ideas for someone returning to Aus from UK

Originally Posted by soukie
A colleague of ours emigrated to Australia a couple of years ago and is now back in UK on holiday. We are meeting up soon and I would like to give her something smallish to take back to Aus that she can't get there. I would be grateful for any clues
M&S knickers chocolate, crisps - how well do you know her? If she's a choc addict Thorntons might be good?
Old Sep 30th 2010, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Depends what she likes really?

Only thing I can think of is Prawn Cocktail crisps!
Old Sep 30th 2010, 10:50 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Depends what she likes really?

Only thing I can think of is Prawn Cocktail crisps!
- my son never shuts up about Prawn Cocktail crisps! He has even talked his granny into bringing as much as she can stuff into her case when she arrives in a fortnight.

Pressie ideas - a Marks & Spencer, Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's etc. environmentally friendly shopping bag thingio!
Old Sep 30th 2010, 11:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
- my son never shuts up about Prawn Cocktail crisps! He has even talked his granny into bringing as much as she can stuff into her case when she arrives in a fortnight.

Pressie ideas - a Marks & Spencer, Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's etc. environmentally friendly shopping bag thingio!
Yes, my daughter is the same. I have to bring back a whole suitcase full back with me apparently!
Old Oct 1st 2010, 12:44 am
CEM
BE Enthusiast

CEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud of

We have suitcases full of goodies when we go backwards and forwards. From the Uk, chocolate and marmite and wine gums for my oh. From Australia, Red Rock Deli sweet chilli crisps (which don't travel too well, but are yummy!), Fantales, Tiny Teddies and Shapes.

It depends what your friend likes and how much you want to spend. Is it just a little gift? Something she can use/look at every day - a small picture of somewhere she likes? Or something which is made around the area she comes from - providing she doesn't hate the place and doesn't want to be reminded!!
Old Oct 1st 2010, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Great - many thanks. I am going to make up a bag of things and will include some Thorntons chocs, prawn cocktail crisps etc. Do you get Cadbury or Galaxy bars out there? I am in UK at the moment but live in the Middle East and although we get Cadbury it doesn't taste the same as it's made in Egypt (I think) but I just wanted to check if you get any of this in Aus.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 1:36 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soukie
Great - many thanks. I am going to make up a bag of things and will include some Thorntons chocs, prawn cocktail crisps etc. Do you get Cadbury or Galaxy bars out there? I am in UK at the moment but live in the Middle East and although we get Cadbury it doesn't taste the same as it's made in Egypt (I think) but I just wanted to check if you get any of this in Aus.
Yes get Cadbury - but it tastes like shite. Throw in some UK stuff