Help me!?

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold
Question Help me!?

Hi. AM after some help!!! We are a family of 5, 2 adults 3 kids (10, 8 and 2), who currently live in Cyprus. We moved here a year ago from the UK. My OH has not settled here, and we are looking at moving to AUS where they at least speak the same language. Can anyone tell me where might best be?????
Or any other info, that you might deem helpful, would be gratefully received. Cheers
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:14 pm
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help me!?

Hello and welcome,

Its difficult to tell you where might be best for you and your family, Australia is such a diverse place and there is so much to offer in each place that you had better prepare yourself for long nights on the internet - researching!

The best place to start the whole process is by looking if your skills are needed there, try www.immi.gov.au for lots of info.

We are going to the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, mainly because, like you, we have 3 children and want to be in a coastal area but be able to get to the city if needs be and we have also found a great school for them. It did take us 6 months of researching each state and then looking at school ratings etc to reach our decision though!

Good luck x
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by VikkiL
Hello and welcome,

Its difficult to tell you where might be best for you and your family, Australia is such a diverse place and there is so much to offer in each place that you had better prepare yourself for long nights on the internet - researching!

The best place to start the whole process is by looking if your skills are needed there, try www.immi.gov.au for lots of info.

We are going to the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, mainly because, like you, we have 3 children and want to be in a coastal area but be able to get to the city if needs be and we have also found a great school for them. It did take us 6 months of researching each state and then looking at school ratings etc to reach our decision though!

Good luck x
Thanks for the info, will check out the web site. Have only just begun, on this epic. Have got my mum and dad moving out to tasmania beginning of next year, but did't like the idea of that, nor being too close!!!
Like you, we would like to stay by the coast. Lived in torbay (south west coast of Uk), and currently live in Larnaca Cyprus, so the kids are some what expecting it!! Do you have idea on cost of living etc.??? Feels cheeky asking, did so much research for the move to Cyprus it nearly blew my head off, and this is such a small island!!!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 3:09 pm
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by winedonju
Thanks for the info, will check out the web site. Have only just begun, on this epic. Have got my mum and dad moving out to tasmania beginning of next year, but did't like the idea of that, nor being too close!!!
Like you, we would like to stay by the coast. Lived in torbay (south west coast of Uk), and currently live in Larnaca Cyprus, so the kids are some what expecting it!! Do you have idea on cost of living etc.??? Feels cheeky asking, did so much research for the move to Cyprus it nearly blew my head off, and this is such a small island!!!!!
Cost of living is similar to the UK but wages are lower!