Reload this Page >

HELP, Heading for a divorse over coronation street

HELP, Heading for a divorse over coronation street

Old Dec 5th 2009, 3:17 am
Just Joined

charlesriley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP, Heading for a divorse over coronation street

Hello to All,

My names Charles, myself and my wide moved to Sydney from London about two months ago. My dear wife is a self confessed soap fan (actually more of a maniac)
I have managed to get the foxtel installed at our home and she is able to watch eastenders thankfully.

My problem is coronation street,i can't find it on any channels. I bought a personal computer and used it for the first time 3 months ago (i'm 68 by the way) I have since with the help of my son started using the vuze where you can get the TV from the computer. I still can't find the uk tv shows. On investigation there are two web sites UKnova and thebox unfortunately they will not let me join. Maybe my age! No oldies need apply!

I did a search on the google and they said there are people using the sites on this computer. Does anyone know anything I can do to fix this problem or how to get coronation street.

I came to this beautiful country for peace and quite but am being woken with regular occurence by my wife calling the UK asking what happened tonight. With the money being spent on phone calls i could pay someone to record and send the video over from England. Given more time it may even equate to the fee of a good divorce lawyer.

Please help, its taken me an hour to write this.

---------------------------------------------------

Just checked we don't have the UK TV channel. The Wife watches it on 'a subscibed HD channel' what ever the hell that menas! was hoping to get it for free without giving more money to foxtel. I'll keep going with this vuze thing for another week! There was another she asked abut, forget the name, the one with the ugly fat northern detective, denzel and something.

Thanks for the replies already!!

Kind regards,

Charles.

Last edited by charlesriley; Dec 5th 2009 at 4:21 am.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 3:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP, Heading for a divorse over coronation street

Originally Posted by charlesriley
Hello to All,

My names Charles, myself and my wide moved to Sydney from London about two months ago. My dear wife is a self confessed soap fan (actually more of a maniac)
I have managed to get the foxtel installed at our home and she is able to watch eastenders thankfully.

My problem is coronation street,i can't find it on any channels. I bought a personal computer and used it for the first time 3 months ago (i'm 68 by the way) I have since with the help of my son started using the vuze where you can get the TV from the computer. I still can't find the uk tv shows. On investigation there are two web sites UKnova and thebox unfortunately they will not let me join. Maybe my age! No oldies need apply!

I did a search on the google and they said there are people using the sites on this computer. Does anyone know anything I can do to fix this problem or how to get coronation street.

I came to this beautiful country for peace and quite but am being woken with regular occurence by my wife calling the UK asking what happened tonight. With the money being spent on phone calls i could pay someone to record and send the video over from England. Given more time it may even equate to the fee of a good divorce lawyer.

Kind regards,

Charles.
Hi Charles and welcome to BE!

To the best of my (somewhat limited) knowledge, Eastenders is on UKTV and UKTV+2 on Foxtel, and Coronation Street is on the same channel.

Plenty of fans of it on here though, I'm sure someone can help you out........
Old Dec 5th 2009, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hi Charles and welcome to BE!

To the best of my (somewhat limited) knowledge, Eastenders is on UKTV and UKTV+2 on Foxtel, and Coronation Street is on the same channel.

Plenty of fans of it on here though, I'm sure someone can help you out........
Coro, Eastenders & Emmerdale are on UK TV .......... bloody 1 after the other too
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Foxtel is set up so you have to get the packages and UK TV is in a separate package. Also if you want HD channels or any other you need to take the package. We presently have them all as our house all have different tastes and one wants this and one wants that. Costs us about $150.00 a month for platinum and two boxes with iqs. Shared expense of course for us.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:27 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rossi
Coro, Eastenders & Emmerdale are on UK TV .......... bloody 1 after the other too
Thought they were, I don't have a TV, but we do have several on at work to keep an eye on the news and stuff like that, so occasionally I dip into UKTV there.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:36 am
ABCDiamond

Channel Seven has unveiled its free-to-air digital channel 7TWO, ... There are new and classic programs – including Coronation Street, Emmerdale... etc

Thursdays :
2pm - Shortland Street
2.30pm - Coronation Street
3pm - Emmerdale

Old Dec 5th 2009, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

On our version of Foxtel, Corrie is immediately before Emmerdale, which is followed by Eastenders.
So
6pm : Corrie
6.30 Emmerdale
7.00 Eastenders

then it is repeated in the night and at 9am the following day.
It is also on 2 hours later on UK+2.
Corrie is about a year out of date.

It has also just started on 7TWO (digital free to air) but I am guessing this is 4/5 years old.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:37 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

correct me if I am wrong but I think these are very old soap episodes.

I know Emelems spends time every week downloading soaps and other that she is completely addicted to. I think Coronation St is one of them.

She is out this weekend but when she gets back I will ask her to comment - she seems to have an illicit program swapping ring set up on the computers in the office and I am sure would let you in on it.

Vivienne
Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:50 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

I take it you're not a fan?????
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:32 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

If she really must have up to date corrie then try downloading it from the uknova site.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:34 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Yeah it was great only problem was that it was years behind.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:34 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by viviennef
correct me if I am wrong but I think these are very old soap episodes.

I know Emelems spends time every week downloading soaps and other that she is completely addicted to. I think Coronation St is one of them.

She is out this weekend but when she gets back I will ask her to comment - she seems to have an illicit program swapping ring set up on the computers in the office and I am sure would let you in on it.

Vivienne
They will be old ones, question of whether thats better than nothing. I think Corrie is about 18 months behind, so the OP's wife will just have to be patient till they catch up
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:51 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Get shot of her
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:52 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlesriley
Hello to All,

---------------------------------------------------

Just checked we don't have the UK TV channel. The Wife watches it on 'a subscibed HD channel' what ever the hell that menas! was hoping to get it for free without giving more money to foxtel. I'll keep going with this vuze thing for another week! There was another she asked abut, forget the name, the one with the ugly fat northern detective, denzel and something.

Thanks for the replies already!!

Kind regards,

Charles.
Filmon.tv has the main UK channels.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:57 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Get shot of her

...... or take control of the remote!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.