Help !!!

Old May 1st 2006, 11:18 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help !!!

Originally Posted by cresta57
It could be a problem with the main grid that's causing your bulbs to blow. Power here is not regulated the same as it is in the U.K. The voltage is highly irregular both above 220V and below. The low power is referred to as brownouts it can damage electric motors & particularly fridge compressors. Surges tend to momentarily make the lights glow brighter.
As a side issue get a UPS for your sensitive electrical items.
We've had about 10 blow and we've only been in the house 5 months shocking isn't it
I have thought that electric is dodgy here....not as bad as Italy where you can't have 3 things on at the same time , but still not right.

But I live in a block of apartments...and other people have got their lights on.
I've got none now
Old May 1st 2006, 11:20 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
Wait until it's light and then isolate it and have a look.
Did that last time it happened. Not looking again myself...I'll start a fire, or blow myself up.
Old May 1st 2006, 11:20 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=cresta57]It could be a problem with the main grid that's causing your bulbs to blow. Power here is not regulated the same as it is in the U.K. The voltage is highly irregular both above 220V and below. The low power is referred to as brownouts it can damage electric motors & particularly fridge compressors. Surges tend to momentarily make the lights glow brighter.

Yip, thats what it sounds like
Old May 1st 2006, 11:21 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Margaret2]
It could be a problem with the main grid that's causing your bulbs to blow. Power here is not regulated the same as it is in the U.K. The voltage is highly irregular both above 220V and below. The low power is referred to as brownouts it can damage electric motors & particularly fridge compressors. Surges tend to momentarily make the lights glow brighter.

Yip, thats what it sounds like
thats what I thought too
Old May 1st 2006, 11:22 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I have thought that electric is dodgy here....not as bad as Italy where you can't have 3 things on at the same time , but still not right.

But I live in a block of apartments...and other people have got their lights on.
I've got none now
Just read your other post about it knocking out the breaker each time. It does sound like a faulty connection somewhere. Our breaker trips if one of the halogen globes blow but not when normal 40 or 60 watt globes blow.
Old May 1st 2006, 11:23 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

The wiring is freaked out and is hiding up a tree - give it some prozac

[QUOTE=carolinegorka]
Originally Posted by Margaret2
thats what I thought too
Old May 1st 2006, 11:24 am
Account Closed

Just read your other post about it knocking out the breaker each time. It does sound like a faulty connection somewhere. Our breaker trips if one of the halogen globes blow but not when normal 40 or 60 watt globes blow.
These are 40 watt globes.

What scared me was the bang and smell of smoke when they went.
Old May 1st 2006, 11:24 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Sass73]The wiring is freaked out and is hiding up a tree - give it some prozac

It's me that needs the Prozac !
Old May 1st 2006, 11:27 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=carolinegorka]
Originally Posted by Sass73
The wiring is freaked out and is hiding up a tree - give it some prozac

It's me that needs the Prozac !
Are all your bulbs blowing or just the same one?
Old May 1st 2006, 11:28 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Hmm. Hadn't thought this through. I agree so it's not much of a wager is it?
That'll be 5 bucks then please: D
Old May 1st 2006, 11:28 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=fraser]

All of them.......circuit goes at the same time.
Old May 1st 2006, 11:31 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=carolinegorka]
I think you need to isolate the circuit, do you know where the fuse box is and which switch you need to knock off?
Old May 1st 2006, 11:31 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=carolinegorka]
Can you not try them one at a time?
Old May 1st 2006, 11:32 am
Keeping it fairly real

[QUOTE=fraser]

Oh this is fun, I've learned more about electrics tonight than I have in me whole life : D
Old May 1st 2006, 11:34 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=walla]

I think you need to isolate the circuit, do you know where the fuse box is and which switch you need to knock off?
I did that the first time it happened tonight (lounge light when I switched it on)...power came back...then I went into the kitchen, switched on the light...and that one went.
Both times it happened the fuse went with a bang, and I could smell smoke - I'm in total darkness apart from the PC and a candle - so I'm not messing about with it.

I need an electrician.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.