Helman's Mayonaise

Old Aug 31st 2009, 5:33 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Helman's Mayonaise

Originally Posted by RussellCat
I've tasted it! It's NOT the same. There is Real "Real Helman's Mayonaise" out there in Adelaide! I've seen the evidence!

I've tried shopping around a few places - but there are so many bloody supermarkets here - it's difficult to get round them all!

Will have to keep on trying!

Thanks
There is a slight difference by some additional sugar but I'd bet a $100 you couldn't tell them apart blind tasting. I should add I have won $ 300 doing just that....
Old Aug 31st 2009, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

Actually you can order it from treats from home also, you should do this because..

http://www.treatsfromhome.com.au/category15_1.htm

1. they are not a huge multinational supermarket
2. someone had the good sense to come up with a little business idea to help brits with a few creature comforts and should be supported
3. they also sell wispas
4. just cos
Old Aug 31st 2009, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else noticed that its Maggi in UK and Ma-dg-ie over here?

Good God, Im sad!
Old Aug 31st 2009, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

RussellCat will become famous soon enough

my point is I don't care if they are they same! I have seen an actual Jar of Hellman's mayonaise in somebody's shopping bag on a bus in adelaide - so you must be able to get it here - that's all I'm saying!

no need to take this piss, Thanks for your help.

Signing off.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

RussellCat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sherro
Actually you can order it from treats from home also, you should do this because..

http://www.treatsfromhome.com.au/category15_1.htm

1. they are not a huge multinational supermarket
2. someone had the good sense to come up with a little business idea to help brits with a few creature comforts and should be supported
3. they also sell wispas
4. just cos
Thanks
Old Aug 31st 2009, 5:40 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

my point is I don't care if they are they same! I have seen an actual Jar of Hellman's mayonaise in somebody's shopping bag on a bus in adelaide - so you must be able to get it here - that's all I'm saying!

Signing off.
Nobody is taking the piss, just trying to save you some cash by not buying imported expensive mayo when the same thing is here for less spondooliks?
Old Aug 31st 2009, 5:44 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Signing off.
That is all you said, and I agreed with you that you CAN get it, labelled as 'Hellmans' in Coles.

It's you that's sat there telling us that it isn't the same. If you want to pay more for a label that has Hellman's written on it, go for it. We're just trying to save you a bit of cash.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Cranky! Its not mayo he needs, its metamucil.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Cranky! Its not mayo he needs, its metamucil.
I don't like the orangey taste.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
I don't like the orangey taste.

There is another flavour.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
There is another flavour.
Really?

Is it made by the same people? Because I won't buy it if it's labelled as something else....
Old Aug 31st 2009, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Does anybody know where to get Helman's Mayonaise from in Adelaide?

I've done a search on here and the posts are from 2006 - so a bit out of date - Coles seemed to have some random stores stock it back then.

I saw inside a woman's shopping bag on the bus the other day who had a jar, but didn't pluck up enough courage to ask where she bought it from!

HELP!!! Never realised how good it was until it was gone!!!
Rite price grocery clearance shops have the it, ok so it's past it's best before date, but tastes fine to me at $2 a jar. Or My local coles at $6. Oh and choccy hob nobs at $1.49

Last edited by Gjn200; Aug 31st 2009 at 6:59 am.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Does anybody know where to get Helman's Mayonaise from in Adelaide?

I've done a search on here and the posts are from 2006 - so a bit out of date - Coles seemed to have some random stores stock it back then.

I saw inside a woman's shopping bag on the bus the other day who had a jar, but didn't pluck up enough courage to ask where she bought it from!

HELP!!! Never realised how good it was until it was gone!!!
Shy bairns get NOWT!

Why should we help you when you can't even HELP YOURSELF!?
Old Aug 31st 2009, 7:38 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Neil Perry fresh signature Mayonnaise.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 8:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If your Coles doesn't sell it (all ours around do) and you insist on decent mayo then I suggest you make it yourself. Very quick, very very fresh and probably takes as long as the time you can spend ripping the plastic wrapper off the shop bought jar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.