Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Hello everybody peeps

Hello everybody peeps

Old Dec 28th 2006, 11:47 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hello everybody peeps

Blimey it's been a while ......

For those that don't know, the trip was cut short when I was offered a job in Darwin and decided to take it. So here I am, in Darwin. Never even considered the place but there you go. The job is a decent one (been there 3 weeks already) and I got off to a flyer by fixing a problem in 45 mins that a few of the guys had spent days on and gave up. Always a good one for the Friday arvo meeting that one

We moved into our new apartment last weekend - we've got the marina on one side and Mindil beach on the other, which is nice. There's also a large pool in the grounds so we don't have to dodge the jellies and / or crocs in the sea.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello everybody peeps

Originally Posted by wmoore

For those that don't know, the trip was cut short when I was offered a job in Darwin and decided to take it. So here I am, in Darwin. Never even considered the place but there you go. The job is a decent one (been there 3 weeks already) and I got off to a flyer by fixing a problem in 45 mins that a few of the guys had spent days on and gave up. Always a good one for the Friday arvo meeting that one

We moved into our new apartment last weekend - we've got the marina on one side and Mindil beach on the other, which is nice. There's also a large pool in the grounds so we don't have to dodge the jellies and / or crocs in the sea.
Jeez, thats a suprise! Darwin eh? Well good luck with the job, and the crocs and all that.

What was the problem you fixed in 45 minutes? I'm guessing computer not plugged in? I'd have fixed it in 30

JTL
Old Dec 28th 2006, 11:52 am

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back Wayne!! Nice to see your face around here again!!

Will catch up properly when I see your smiley face on MSN!!
Old Dec 28th 2006, 11:53 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Jeez, thats a suprise! Darwin eh? Well good luck with the job, and the crocs and all that.

What was the problem you fixed in 45 minutes? I'm guessing computer not plugged in? I'd have fixed it in 30

JTL
It was plugged in but we were in the middle of a power cut.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 11:54 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Hels Bells
Welcome back Wayne!! Nice to see your face around here again!!

Will catch up properly when I see your smiley face on MSN!!
I've been lurking for the last week or so - mostly because every time I log on my cousin is on and I just can't be arsed to have to ingore him

I words of 2 syllables or less, how's it going on the job front?
Old Dec 28th 2006, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

It was plugged in but we were in the middle of a power cut.
Ahhh.. I was close though.

Enjoy Darwin,

JTL
Old Dec 28th 2006, 11:58 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello matey

Good to hear you haven't been eaten yet

I'll catch up properly myself on msn/email (got your new one thanks) ...been as busy as hell here with visitors/work/visitors etc, etc.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 12:00 pm

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

I've been lurking for the last week or so - mostly because every time I log on my cousin is on and I just can't be arsed to have to ingore him

I words of 2 syllables or less, how's it going on the job front?

Well, have been offered a job I dont want and am still waiting to hear about a job I do want...and have another couple of irons in the fire, so to speak.

Looks like my Sis might actually be coming up there after all now. Still not confirmed, but looking more likely than not.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 12:01 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by CasG
Hello matey

Good to hear you haven't been eaten yet

I'll catch up properly myself on msn/email (got your new one thanks) ...been as busy as hell here with visitors/work/visitors etc, etc.
Have you ever had an empty house over here?

As for not being eaten yet..... we're off out fishing on my mate's boat tomorrow so keep your fingers crossed
Old Dec 28th 2006, 12:03 pm
What's happening dudes?

Well, have been offered a job I dont want and am still waiting to hear about a job I do want...and have another couple of irons in the fire, so to speak.

Looks like my Sis might actually be coming up there after all now. Still not confirmed, but looking more likely than not.
Ah well at least the offers are coming. That all sounds promising.

Sounds like sis and bro-in-law are being messed about a bit. Make sure you tell them to look us up if / when they get here anyway.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 12:04 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you ever had an empty house over here?

As for not being eaten yet..... we're off out fishing on my mate's boat tomorrow so keep your fingers crossed
Err....nope doesn't seem like it...
Had my Mum over for a month ...then the day after she left, friends from Coventry turned up

I'd wear steel mittens..

Are you happy?
Old Dec 28th 2006, 12:08 pm

Ah well at least the offers are coming. That all sounds promising.

Sounds like sis and bro-in-law are being messed about a bit. Make sure you tell them to look us up if / when they get here anyway.

I definitely will!!

How did V enjoy her first Chrissy off?? What did you do for it?
Old Dec 28th 2006, 12:14 pm
What's happening dudes?

I definitely will!!

How did V enjoy her first Chrissy off?? What did you do for it?
We've spent a lot of time this week in the pool, so she's enjoyed that - and the shopping of course.

Might be going to a rodeo in Litchfield for NYE - if we can get accomodation anyway. The alternative is stay at home and watch the English Premier League on the telly like last year
Old Dec 28th 2006, 12:17 pm

We've spent a lot of time this week in the pool, so she's enjoyed that - and the shopping of course.

Might be going to a rodeo in Litchfield for NYE - if we can get accomodation anyway. The alternative is stay at home and watch the English Premier League on the telly like last year

Ohhhh I did some sale shopping too

Tell her I am so glad she had a nice Christmas...actually, am glad for you both!!

Sounds like NYE should be fun, cant you just go buy a tent and crash in it for the night??
Old Dec 28th 2006, 12:31 pm
What's happening dudes?

Ohhhh I did some sale shopping too

Tell her I am so glad she had a nice Christmas...actually, am glad for you both!!

Sounds like NYE should be fun, cant you just go buy a tent and crash in it for the night??
We still have Lily but to be honest I couldn't be arsed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.