Hello British Expats

Hello British Expats

Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

saxtonj is on a distinguished road
Default Hello British Expats

Hi all,

just thought I would introduce myself.

I am James married to Michelle. I work in IT as a technical Architect in Oracle, Michelle is a finance manager for an environment company.

I have yesterday posted my RPL off to my agent in Australia and hoping for a successful outcome. I started the RPL 15 months ago. various reasons it took too long, life, work etc but finally done.

We are looking to move to Perth if the Visa process goes ok and skills assessment comes back successful. Michelle has plenty of family out there and we did a reccie back in March 2005 which persuaded us to go for the Visa which we had previously thought about.

I guess it's all a waiting game from this point on. I realise this is probably an impossible question but hopefully my skills should be assessed against the MODL. if this happens does anyone have a rough guestimate how long the whole process from now to getting the Visa may take?

Anyway - Just joined the forum and wanted to say hi and let people know where we are.

Regards

James
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:19 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello British Expats

Hi

can't answer your question but I'm sure someone will be along to do so shortly

welcome to the barbie

you will soon become addicted
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Hi James
There's a site somewhere called Oz Timeline (I think) where people submit the types of visas and the dates each stages happened etc. Sorry, can't remember the address! Good though! Gave us an idea of how long our visa would take.
Jen
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond repute

hi james and welcome to B E
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:50 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

welcome to the nut house
as has been suggested you could look on austimeline.com to see how long visa's are taking for people in a similar situation to you, or have a look in our immigration forum too
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 6:36 pm
markj

painter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nice

Welcom to the asylum
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 6:42 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by saxtonj
Hi all,

I am James married to Michelle. I work in IT as a technical Architect in Oracle, Michelle is a finance manager for an environment company.

I have yesterday posted my RPL off to my agent in Australia and hoping for a successful outcome. I started the RPL 15 months ago. various reasons it took too long, life, work etc but finally done.

We are looking to move to Perth if the Visa process goes ok and skills assessment comes back successful. Michelle has plenty of family out there and we did a reccie back in March 2005 which persuaded us to go for the Visa which we had previously thought about.

I guess it's all a waiting game from this point on. I realise this is probably an impossible question but hopefully my skills should be assessed against the MODL. if this happens does anyone have a rough guestimate how long the whole process from now to getting the Visa may take?

Anyway - Just joined the forum and wanted to say hi and let people know where we are.

Regards

James
hiya Jimbo

best of luck

S
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 6:49 pm
sarab40

sarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of lightsarab40 is a glorious beacon of light

Hello and welcome to you!!
SaraB
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 6:53 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome aboard guys Nice to meet you
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:07 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by saxtonj
Hi all,

Regards

James
Welcome to BE.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

we welcom to your new life on BE I say new life as this is where it all begins and all ends youll be hooked before you know it, beware only a few are sane enjoy the addiction
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi James, welcome aboard

Skilled visa's can take anything from 3 months to 9 months on average.