Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Heathrow voted world's most annoying airport

Heathrow voted world's most annoying airport

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:30 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heathrow voted world's most annoying airport

Originally Posted by renth
Didn't Craig Charles try to sue Fash over it?
Does anyone care? Apparently some bimbo in the US has tried to copyright the word Bananas. WTH is that all about?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Does anyone care? Apparently some bimbo in the US has tried to copyright the word Bananas. WTH is that all about?
Talking about Gladiators is more interesting than the subject topic to be honest.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renth
Didn't Craig Charles try to sue Fash over it?
Haha I didn't know that. I wonder if he called him a smeghead.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:40 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
Talking about Gladiators is more interesting than the subject topic to be honest.
Yeah, my Mrs. almost made it on she was doing really well at the auditions but had never been on a running machine before and fell off the back - no second chances. She would have been brilliant. She would have beaten the crap out of all the female gladiators.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Theres always one place thats stands out from the rest and thats LAX for me I dread transitting through the place.
LAX is basically just a warehouse. Full of hyper paranoid/aggressive jobsworths. It's the Twilight Zone.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 3:27 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Last year I travelled back to Heathrow T5 and thought it was AWESOME. Easily the best (large) airport experience I've had - got bags in no time at all, no queues at passport control and strolled out to meet my dad who was parked just a few yards away by the door....

Coming back we walked striaght up to a baggage check in desk with no queue, strolled through the security checks with no queues and had a pleasant meander around the usual overpriced shops for a while before sitting on workable chairs (not super comfy lounge chairs - but acceptable) at the gate. No complaints from me at all - makes me want to chose to fly BA every time just to get that terminal!

By comparion:

Sydney had us queued for ages (the inevitable queue for the quarantine check in case god-forbid someone might have tried to smuggle in a piece of cheese or other dangerous contraband) and was grubby and unpleasant.

Brisbane although clean and pleasant always suffers from long check-in and passport queues.

Paris had us baffled looking for check-in desks with no signage whatsoever, a gate that was no more than a small grey room with fold up deck-chairs?! and a complete lack of any facilities whatsoever. Worst airport in the world? Paris-CDG EASILY!!!!

This year of course I'm going to Heathrow T4 (thanks to Qantas 'kids4free' fares) - so I may understand the anti-heathrow sentiment a little better! (Although I dont remember having any issues with Heathrow T1, T2, T3 or T4in the past)
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 4:21 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Last year I travelled back to Heathrow T5 and thought it was AWESOME. Easily the best (large) airport experience I've had - got bags in no time at all, no queues at passport control and strolled out to meet my dad who was parked just a few yards away by the door....

Coming back we walked striaght up to a baggage check in desk with no queue, strolled through the security checks with no queues and had a pleasant meander around the usual overpriced shops for a while before sitting on workable chairs (not super comfy lounge chairs - but acceptable) at the gate. No complaints from me at all - makes me want to chose to fly BA every time just to get that terminal!

But did they lay on some chirping bluebirds?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 4:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Paris had us baffled looking for check-in desks with no signage whatsoever, a gate that was no more than a small grey room with fold up deck-chairs?! and a complete lack of any facilities whatsoever. Worst airport in the world? Paris-CDG EASILY!!!!
Completely agree. Worse than JFK.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 3:47 pm
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

Heathrow's even worse when you're travelling on a non-EU passport.

You are interrogated like a terrorist and treated like you're not even human.

The place is a mess too - the last time I was there we were walking through construction sites; the roof and walls were stained and falling apart; barriers were made out of flimsy pieces of string.

And on top of that it's staffed by the rudest people you will ever find.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 4:25 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SNH
Heathrow's even worse when you're travelling on a non-EU passport.
My wife never has any problems - she joins me and the kids in the "EU passports " queue and we go through without any issues... (never a word of complaint from the passport officer as they stamp her non-EU Australian passport and wave us through with a smile)...

Obviously I've caught people on 'good days' and you've caught them on 'bad days' - I hear lots of stories of rudeness from BA and BAA staff - but in all my time I've never had an issues with Heathrow (..Gatwick - theres another story....)
Old May 18th 2009, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

jimmie2807 will become famous soon enoughjimmie2807 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Hutch
Yea - I was a student in upstate new york and am familiar with JFK. I agree it's shite, but no airport I've used (and I include all the American hubs in that) is as bad as Heathrow. Though I would add, American immigration officials make their British counterparts look like jovial funsters by comparison.
made even worse when flying from Singapore which is probably the best airport in the world and easily the best I have been to by a very very considerable distance
Old May 19th 2009, 8:54 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I like Heathrow, always have. Although we're going to have to queue with the non EU as the boys only have Aussie passports
Old May 19th 2009, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Never had a problem with Heathrow. When we arrived recently, DS and I went through EU passport channel and DIL and DGD went through aliens. The chap she had was very sweet and told her that next time she should go through the EU channel as we were obviously a family together.

Obviously with a huge airport you are going to get transfer issues but personally I find the staff and the process at Sydney transferring to domestic to be far more annoying. I have met some really surly busdrivers on that transfer - talk about jobsworths
Old May 19th 2009, 10:09 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Never had a problem with Heathrow. When we arrived recently, DS and I went through EU passport channel and DIL and DGD went through aliens. The chap she had was very sweet and told her that next time she should go through the EU channel as we were obviously a family together.

Obviously with a huge airport you are going to get transfer issues but personally I find the staff and the process at Sydney transferring to domestic to be far more annoying. I have met some really surly busdrivers on that transfer - talk about jobsworths
So would you say it's definitely worth trying to all go through the EU one?
Old May 19th 2009, 10:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
I like Heathrow, always have. Although we're going to have to queue with the non EU as the boys only have Aussie passports
I've been told (although not experienced this myself) that you are allowed through the EU channel if some of the family has UK passports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.