HEATHROW AIRPORT

Old Sep 9th 2007, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice
Default HEATHROW AIRPORT

Flying into Heathrow in a few weeks never been before usually Manchester flying with my 12 year old.Have to get to Euston station how long should i give myself from landing which is 6am to getting to Euston????

Has anyone flown Brunei airlines in the last few months if so are they good at landing on time?
Old Sep 9th 2007, 11:18 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HEATHROW AIRPORT

Originally Posted by shade8
Flying into Heathrow in a few weeks never been before usually Manchester flying with my 12 year old.Have to get to Euston station how long should i give myself from landing which is 6am to getting to Euston????

Has anyone flown Brunei airlines in the last few months if so are they good at landing on time?
Depending on which way you go from landing to actually arriving at Euston I would give yourself a couple of hours. A lot of flights land at that time in the morning and it will be quite busy and may take a while to clear customs, get your bags back and hotfoot it across London.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

German Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're landing at 6 then I'd give yourself at least an hour to clear immigration and collecting baggage. From there on you've got 2 options - you can take the Heathrow Express straight into Paddington which will cost for the pair of you I think £23 + whatever the tube is from Paddington to Euston (Adult + Child approx £6 I think) and I think you'd comfortably be there by 08.30 - or you could get the tube straight through - Piccadily Line to Green Park then Victoria Line to Euston. The fares are fixed on the London Underground now no matter how long the journey - so that would be £6 I think as well. Time wise though if you're taking the Underground I'd give yourself at least an hour longer.

You haven't told us if its a Sunday when you land though - in which case the "Chaos Theory" applies. Good luck.

Cheers -

Dave.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 11:33 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Yup...landing is just the start of the battle at LHR! Then comes finding a parking space (for the plane that is)......or, not finding a parking space then waiting for a bus to immigration....then immigration itself.....then waiting to see if your bags made it! Then if you're further complicating matters by trying to get across London at 8am (with bags???? )....I would probably not bank on being on a train out of Euston before 9am.

I last flew on Brunei about 4 years ago and they were fine.....think they have upgraded their planes since then as well. If you have to stop over in Bandar for a few hours I do remember that there was literally nothing to do in the airport...its not exactly Singapore!
Old Sep 9th 2007, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice

Its a Friday I land do you think if I book at ticket for 12pm out of Euston that should give me plenty of time.
So your saying i have to go Paddington then Euston.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 12:03 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Its a Friday I land do you think if I book at ticket for 12pm out of Euston that should give me plenty of time.
To be honest I'd consider getting a cab at the airport......you might be looking at an extra 20-30 quid over the cost of 2 tickets on the HEX and underground but worth it to avoid changing trains with luggage.

Or arrange an airport transfer

http://www.minicabhire.com/calculate.asp

...price here came out at 51pounds.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 12:09 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I think that should give you more than enough time. When I last did the journey I did Heathrow Express and then got a taxi from Paddington to Euston. It was difficult with my luggage but far easier than underground all the way as once you arrive at Paddington you don't have to contend with underground escalators as the Xpress is above ground.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

If you're not watching the pennies then yes - take the Heathrow Express to Paddington then jump in a taxi to Euston. It's not that far from Paddington to Euston by road so that shouldn't be that expensive. And 12 should give you plenty of time when allowing for any possible flight delays.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

I am watching the pennies!Thought I would get a cheap flight but with all extra train fares may as well of paid extra and flown to Manchester.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 12:29 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

I am watching the pennies!Thought I would get a cheap flight but with all extra train fares may as well of paid extra and flown to Manchester.
You could fly! bmi have a flight to MAN at 0850 which would set you back 33 pounds each all up (used Fri 12 Oct as an example).....then you'd only have to walk through the tunnel from T3 to T1.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

If you are watching the pennies I'd take the tube. It's not that much of a difficult journey although it is a bit of a walk through the tunnels connecting from the Piccadilly to the Victoria Line at Green Park if you've got bags. I commuted for over a year into Euston then onto Boston Manor on the Piccadilly Line- its no that bad.

AHHHH - REVISED IDEA -

Virgin run an hourly bus service from Heathrow Central Bus Station round to Watford Junction - haven't got any information to hand but tap it into google. I've caught that as well - it will save you a lot of time and shouldn't cost any more than about £12 for the pair of you. Ignore all previous advice of mine - this is definitely the best way!!
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:04 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I recently passed through Heathrow (T3) and was expecting it to be a nightmare and was pleasently surpirised to find it was not. From landing to walking into arrivals was just over half an hour. Sure Heathrow is insanely crowded and busy but it does seem to work. Flying out went well too.