Headlice & customs!

Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Headlice & customs!

Just a thought.......you can't take anything 'live' in or out of aus, but the kids can potentially bring UK headlice in and through customs. My kids have them at the moment, they're driving me mad (headlice, not kids...actually possibly both). Now when we get to brisbane, do I stick them in the 'something to declare' aisle?
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Headlice & customs!

Originally Posted by glittababe
Just a thought.......you can't take anything 'live' in or out of aus, but the kids can potentially bring UK headlice in and through customs. My kids have them at the moment, they're driving me mad (headlice, not kids...actually possibly both). Now when we get to brisbane, do I stick them in the 'something to declare' aisle?

I know what you mean, my daughter got them about five weeks ago and it took me 4 weeks to get rid of them. Just when I thought thank god they've gone I found them in my sons hair!!

Now he's got a nearly skinhead, bless him! (He's not happy)
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
I know what you mean, my daughter got them about five weeks ago and it took me 4 weeks to get rid of them. Just when I thought thank god they've gone I found them in my sons hair!!

Now he's got a nearly skinhead, bless him! (He's not happy)
my boys have long curly hair, it's taken over 2 years to grow and they won't have it cut. To get head lice for them is just awful. have tried the Prioderm solution until the headteacher told me not to use any pesticides! We've done the tea tree conditioner and the constant combing plus I've brought a Rombi comb (electric zapper thingy). Not sure any of it works What happens when we get to customs control? what if they spot them? do they take the children away to be quarantined (if thats a word), or sprayed?
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellant......you certainly should put them in the 'something to declare' aisle.........along with your hubby and his crabs
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Excellant......you certainly should put them in the 'something to declare' aisle.........along with your hubby and his crabs
lol fabulous idea Caroline. We can meet up and go for a relaxing spa then I can collect the infected lot from immigration a few weeks later! In fact, during the time they're away, i can move to another country.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

my boys have long curly hair, it's taken over 2 years to grow and they won't have it cut. To get head lice for them is just awful. have tried the Prioderm solution until the headteacher told me not to use any pesticides! We've done the tea tree conditioner and the constant combing plus I've brought a Rombi comb (electric zapper thingy). Not sure any of it works What happens when we get to customs control? what if they spot them? do they take the children away to be quarantined (if thats a word), or sprayed?

I really don't know what will happen at customs

The best way I've found for treating headlice is to put the kids in the bath, shampoo their hair, then apply a large amount of conditioner while that's on use the nit comb to comb through their hair, repeat this for about 7 days and they will probably be lice free by then. If not just carry on doing it until you can't find anymore.

Make sure everyone does this aswell as they spread quite easily.

Hope you get rid of them
Wendy

P.S I only cut my lads hair cos me and my daughter have really long hair and I didn't want to have to start this procedure all over again.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by WendyC
I really don't know what will happen at customs

The best way I've found for treating headlice is to put the kids in the bath, shampoo their hair, then apply a large amount of conditioner while that's on use the nit comb to comb through their hair, repeat this for about 7 days and they will probably be lice free by then. If not just carry on doing it until you can't find anymore.

Make sure everyone does this aswell as they spread quite easily.

Hope you get rid of them
Wendy

P.S I only cut my lads hair cos me and my daughter have really long hair and I didn't want to have to start this procedure all over again.
I just can't imagine my boys with short hair I think I'll pesticide the boys, then do the combing every night just to back it up. I can't understand how they can use that one drop thing for fleas and tics on animals, but they haven't invented anything like that for kids?
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:58 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

lol fabulous idea Caroline. We can meet up and go for a relaxing spa then I can collect the infected lot from immigration a few weeks later! In fact, during the time they're away, i can move to another country.
No....just ask immi to pass them on to NZ

Spa is good - can you just make sure you don't have it off with your hubby before you come over - thankyou.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:00 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

dont worry bout it they r friggin rife here and there r isles upon isles of all the banned treatments in the UK
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
No....just ask immi to pass them on to NZ

Spa is good - can you just make sure you don't have it off with your hubby before you come over - thankyou.
don't feel like sharing shellfish then? And there was me in a giving mood (well it is christmas)
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by biggy
dont worry bout it they r friggin rife here and there r isles upon isles of all the banned treatments in the UK
I take it being aus ones they're bigger than most UK lice???
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:02 pm

I take it being aus ones they're bigger than most UK lice???
oh yeah u could put saddles on the buggers
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I just can't imagine my boys with short hair I think I'll pesticide the boys, then do the combing every night just to back it up. I can't understand how they can use that one drop thing for fleas and tics on animals, but they haven't invented anything like that for kids?

I used that 24 hours treatment shampoo, but it had no effect what so ever, except my daughters hair smelled awful and looked like it hadn't been washed for years, it even made he itch more poor mite.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:04 pm

NADS stuff is excellent
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by biggy
oh yeah u could put saddles on the buggers
lol my sister reckons the ones her kids pick up from their London mates are mean buggers. She said they even look harder and nastier?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.