Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Have you ever heard something so stupid?

Have you ever heard something so stupid?

Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:14 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Have you ever heard something so stupid?

I was in a kebab shop the other week and I asked for a salad kebab with a sprinkling of bacon on top as they have just started offering that.

The girl scratched her head and said 'Just salad in a kebab, no meat or anything?'

'Just a bit of bacon please and salad in the kebab' I replied.

She looked crestfallen and got the manager.

He looked at me and shook his head, after a few minutes he said happily 'Oh I know what you want, you want a breadless kebab'

'No thank you, I would like pitta bread, stuffed with salad and a sprinkling of bacon on top' I replied, thinking I might have to grow the salad myself.

After discussing it with the assistant, she looked confused and set about packing my pitta bread with salad. After she had done that she looked at me and said 'Would you like salad with that?'

At that point I nearly cried, telling her there was enough salad in the kebab, I demonstrated about the bacon, pointed out which was sweet chilli sauce, paid my money and the manager then said 'As you have no meat on that, I will give you a 50 cent discount'.

Ignoring the large helping of bacon on top, I walked out questioning my own sanity.

Another time - well two weeks ago, a colleague rocked up at the house I was staying at, pissed out of his head, he could barely talk. Calling him a wanker for drink/driving, he patiently slurred his words and tried to explain something to me 'Its OK, drinking and driving is OK as long as you are in control', and then told me that he drives better while drunk as he has excellent coordination.

When he got up, he walked into the wall and bashed his arm before leaving the house to drive home.

I find as I am getting older, I dont suffer fools gladly but just lately I have heard some real gems!

What is the daftest thing you have ever been told?
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:18 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you ever heard something so stupid?

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I was in a kebab shop the other week and I asked for a salad kebab with a sprinkling of bacon on top as they have just started offering that.

The girl scratched her head and said 'Just salad in a kebab, no meat or anything?'

He looked at me and shook his head, after a few minutes he said happily 'Oh I know what you want, you want a breadless kebab'

'No thank you, I would like pitta bread, stuffed with salad and a sprinkling of bacon on top' I replied, thinking I might have to grow the salad myself.

After discussing it with the assistant, she looked confused and set about packing my pitta bread with salad. After she had done that she looked at me and said 'Would you like salad with that?'

At that point I nearly cried, telling her there was enough salad in the kebab, I demonstrated about the bacon, pointed out which was sweet chilli sauce, paid my money and the manager then said 'As you have no meat on that, I will give you a 50 cent discount'.

Ignoring the large helping of bacon on top, I walked out questioning my own sanity.

Another time - well two weeks ago, a colleague rocked up at the house I was staying at, pissed out of his head, he could barely talk. Calling him a wanker for drink/driving, he patiently slurred his words and tried to explain something to me 'Its OK, drinking and driving is OK as long as you are in control', and then told me that he drives better while drunk as he has excellent coordination.

When he got up, he walked into the wall and bashed his arm before leaving the house to drive home.

I find as I am getting older, I dont suffer fools gladly but just lately I have heard some real gems!

Hmmm, definitely two examples of culture-syndrome....
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:30 am
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Well you allowing someone in that state to drive home sounds pretty daft/idiotic to me.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:31 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tooterelli
Well you letting someone like that to drive home sounds pretty daft/idiotic to me.
I don't think that she ever stated that did she?
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:32 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

why would you want a "salad kebab" ? It makes no sense to me either.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:45 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not really a kabab without proper meat in it (bacon is not kebab meat). So it does sound a bit stupid I can see why the shopkeeper was confused.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
The kebab is the meat isn't it?
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:47 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I have things like this happen to me all the time here (nearly every day) and i often have two different conversations at once with the same person, as they don't have a clue what i'm saying here.

Quite often i find myself having to speak with an aussie accent (well an attempted one!) to try and get whoever to understand what i'm saying.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
The kebab is the meat isn't it?
Have to admit the only times I've had a keeeebab I've been too drunk to know WHAT was in it
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:49 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Quite often i find myself having to speak with an aussie accent (well an attempted one!) ....
Now that must be quite something to behold?
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Have to admit the only times I've had a keeeebab I've been too drunk to know WHAT was in it
Yeah, good old Plaka at 3am - those were the days.........
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:50 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tooterelli
Well you allowing someone in that state to drive home sounds pretty daft/idiotic to me.
Oh my god, where did I state that? Go on show me where I want you to.

I am of the opinion that drink drivers are the lowest of the low, there is no excuse, there is no 'controlled driving' like the thickos insist and no I do not feel sorry for people that cannot either not drink, get a taxi, designate a driver or stay at home.

I did not say that at all and I do not ever get in the car with anyone who has been stupid enough to do that.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Yeah, good old Plaka at 3am - those were the days.........
Takes you back doesn't it, staggering out of a club and all making a beeline for the keeebab shop............
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by renth
well you see I dont like the lamb/chicken part of a kebab I hate it and it makes no sense for me to eat it.

They offer breadless kebabs, why not salad kebabs, they do those falafel kebabs as well which I didnt fancy.

It might not make any sense to you to eat it, but what is so confusing asking for some salad in pitta bread - it isnt that hard surely?
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:53 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Now that must be quite something to behold?
I sound crazy.......i probably look crazy half the time as i start to get more frustrated and in the end all i want to be is understood!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.