Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Have you ever had a speeding ticket in the UK?

View Poll Results: Have you ever had a speeding ticket in the UK?
Yes
57.89%
No
42.11%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Have you ever had a speeding ticket in the UK?

Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

keijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant future
Default Re: Have you ever had a speeding ticket in the UK?

JUst once going into Caernarfon.

Edited because I'm drunk!!

Last edited by keijei; Apr 14th 2008 at 9:04 am.
Old May 6th 2008, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

suebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nicesuebeedoo is just really nice

Grrrrr I'm ripping :curse: We are moving out to Perth on Saturday and I got caught speeding in Wales after visiting our daughter for the last time before we go. All the way through Wales it was at least 40mph and all of a sudden out jumped this bleeding policeman pulled me in and made me sit in his car for 20 flipping minutes. Apparently for about 400 yards on that stretch of road its 30 mph and i was doing 40. They were setting an example to the locals to instil in them that it was only 30 there. I'm not a local I said ( so no local would know about it from me) and i'm emigrating on Saturday. Please let me off. Sorry he said cant do that so then I had to send in my licences today both parts and am going without one. How the hell can i get a licence over there now. 25 years ive been driving without any offences and 4 days before we go, wham. Even the officer at the police station i had to produce at was shocked and said he should have let me off. Its going to be at least 2 months now before i get it returned with my flipping 3 points on. Does anybody know if i can get a license even without my uk licence grrrr Im so upset
Old May 7th 2008, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

I was caught by PC Moses in Manchester in 1972 doing 40 in a 30 zone. He opened the conversation with 'Sorry luv, but....'
I was in a hire car (not rich enough to own a car) going to collect my stuff from my parents' house after we'd just got married and lived near Croydon. I missed the change from 40 to 30 and was so upset
Old May 7th 2008, 10:10 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Never had a speeding ticket in UK or OZ...yet
Old May 7th 2008, 10:28 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

yep 1 although the cops messed up as the car speeding was another car but they latched on to me by mistake