Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

has anybody made their own jacuzzi?

has anybody made their own jacuzzi?

Old Sep 7th 2010, 10:12 am
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default has anybody made their own jacuzzi?

with thanks..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Sep 7th 2010, 10:14 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: has anybody made their own jacuzzi?

Originally Posted by brummy
with thanks..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Only in the bath at night after too many beans.

Old Sep 7th 2010, 10:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom

i bet yours smell like my tulip..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Sep 7th 2010, 10:17 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

i bet yours smell like my tulip..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bwhaha hahahaha.

Of course.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 10:20 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom

Works, so long as you don't follow through
Old Sep 7th 2010, 10:23 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

An equally good option is to go out dancing all night until you get restless legs syndrome.

Go home, get changed and get in the bath. make sure you got plenty of Avon bubbles in there then watch them legs go

Doesn't work if you get cramp and/or follow through cos of the kebab you had on the way home
Old Sep 7th 2010, 1:48 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

with thanks..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've waterproofed a couple of home made ones, for customers. One constructed from brick/block & concrete. The other made from polystyrene & rendered. Both were "in-ground"
You can buy the pump,heater & digital control panel as a kit for $1500 bucks the air pump is another $3/400 bucks, decent jets are $40+ each.
I was tempted to build one & researched the prices etc. Then we just bought one lol Much better than a pool & year round usage imo
Old Sep 8th 2010, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cresta57
I've waterproofed a couple of home made ones, for customers. One constructed from brick/block & concrete. The other made from polystyrene & rendered. Both were "in-ground"
You can buy the pump,heater & digital control panel as a kit for $1500 bucks the air pump is another $3/400 bucks, decent jets are $40+ each.
I was tempted to build one & researched the prices etc. Then we just bought one lol Much better than a pool & year round usage imo
By the time you've spent this money it may be worth looking for one on eBay. We bought a 4 year old one for a third of the price the previous owners bought it for new & spas getting towards 10 years + can go for less than a couple of grand.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 12:45 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spottydog
By the time you've spent this money it may be worth looking for one on eBay. We bought a 4 year old one for a third of the price the previous owners bought it for new & spas getting towards 10 years + can go for less than a couple of grand.
Exactly why we decided to buy one. By the time we totted up the man hours necessary it was far more productive to buy one & spend that time doing my job to pay for it
Old Sep 8th 2010, 4:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by cresta57
Exactly why we decided to buy one. By the time we totted up the man hours necessary it was far more productive to buy one & spend that time doing my job to pay for it
i want to build one into the patio about 2 meters square,its easy for me to throw one up quick while i build the footings as two sides will already be built.
suppose as most of the cost will be time for me its not to bad,ill just have to check out the plumbing side of things.
i dont suppose building one will be as good as the new ones with recliners in etc.but i think a sunken spa tiled will look better?
Old Sep 9th 2010, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

i want to build one into the patio about 2 meters square,its easy for me to throw one up quick while i build the footings as two sides will already be built.
suppose as most of the cost will be time for me its not to bad,ill just have to check out the plumbing side of things.
i dont suppose building one will be as good as the new ones with recliners in etc.but i think a sunken spa tiled will look better?
ebay has inground ones too sometimes. Don't forget with an inground one you'll need to filter to be separate so its accessible. Alternatively if the patio is raised then just put in an above ground one so its top is level with the patio and some crawl space to get to the filter etc.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

www.almostheaven.net

This one explains all the bits you'll need

http://www.almostheaven.net/aho/byohts.pdf

Last edited by Rossi; Sep 10th 2010 at 7:36 am.