Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The hardest thing so far

The hardest thing so far

Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

sprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nice
Thumbs down The hardest thing so far

Today we have rehomed our dog. He is going to a great girl, but I already miss him so much. He was my wedding present off my hubby and had him for nine years. Wish we could have taken him to brissy in november with us but he has fits in the sun, so it was always a no go never imagined that it would be so hard. Feel like telling the OH to unpack all the boxes we are staying. AARGH
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The hardest thing so far

Originally Posted by sprug
Today we have rehomed our dog. He is going to a great girl, but I already miss him so much. He was my wedding present off my hubby and had him for nine years. Wish we could have taken him to brissy in november with us but he has fits in the sun, so it was always a no go never imagined that it would be so hard. Feel like telling the OH to unpack all the boxes we are staying. AARGH
I really feel for you - cyber hugs on their way!
Old Sep 9th 2007, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

My heart aches for you! We too rehomed our border collie last December before coming to Oz. She would have been 12 in January and I MISS HER SO MUCH IT HURTS!!!! However she was taken in by a good friend who has a small-holding in Devon very near to where we lived and we have regular contact with our friends who tell us she has settled very well and 'is in charge of the place'. Our daughter in England has also been to visit her and verifies that she is fine. Don't worry too much about your 'boy'! Dogs who are loved by their 'new' owners soon settle into their new surroundings and I am sure your little friend will too. Good Luck with the move Down Under and I can promise you that you will not forget your little mate and it will still hurt for some time but...... you must move on eh? Linda
Old Sep 9th 2007, 11:02 pm
Still Learning

KarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant futureKarmaLiber has a brilliant future

I'm so glad you found a good new owner, that must be a great weight off your mind.You know you are moving and can't take a nine year old through the stress of the flight etc, and his sun stroke problem.so you have done the next best thing in finding a loving home and someone who will nurse him through that period of time.

You now need someone to nurse you through the 'loss' of your beautiful dog. Tears need to flow....It can take many years to recover, but I do suggest that keep e-mail contact with the new owner and if possible set up a web-cam so you can occassionally talk to each other, or at least see each other.

That way you both know that each other is alright. It won't then be as harsh as a total 'loss'.But then is that fair on the dog ?

Maybe a written update may suffice, that way the Dog has to get used losing you and will bond with the new owner, the new owner will nurse him through the bereavement.and you get to know that the 'Dog', I wish i knew his name, is okay.

I feel for you, its not easy, but you will eventually come to terms with it, especially if you keep contact with the new owner.

Sending you karma...