British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Harbhajan Singh 3 match ban - hypocrisy?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/harbhajan-singh-3-match-ban-hypocrisy-504132/)

cresta57 Jan 6th 2008 8:06 pm

Re: Harbhajan Singh 3 match ban - hypocrisy??

Originally Posted by The Bloke (Post 5751005)
Precisely, considering Darren Lehmann was only suspended for 5 ODI's for a worse breach of racist comments. Double standards, me thinks?

I think it's a bit rough that when something was witnessed by just two people one should have his word taken over the other. Camera footage clearly showed Symonds mouthing something resembling "Monkey" in response to Singh. A bit of unsporting behavior between two individuals.

Shane Warne was not only known as the "king of spin" but also the "king of sledge" and Darren Lehmann attitude to some other players is covered in my last response.

Your just intimidated because Polly drools over his posters:rofl:

St.Georges Girl Jan 6th 2008 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by >Trigger< (Post 5750878)
Interestingly..Wasnt Darren Lehman the first Aussie to be banned for racist comments a while ago..

Yes he was, but that wasn't what I was talking about. It doesn't make him a bad person off the pitch though.

Precisely, considering Darren Lehmann was only suspended for 5 ODI's for a worse breach of racist comments. Double standards, me thinks?

Shane Warne was not only known as the "king of spin" but also the "king of sledge" and Darren Lehmann attitude to some other players is covered in my last response.

Personally I think what Shane Warne has got up to throughout his career leaves alot to be desired, but I was just talking about how we found them on a personal level. My OH is a qualified Australian Cricket Coach for under 18's and coached for 8 years, so we got to meet many players. Some were just downright bloody rude, some so up themselves it was untrue and others were blasé and couldn't give a shite about their attitude towards and in front of the kids. Lehman and Warne just happened to be the 2 that stood out from the rest as being personable and friendly, giving time to speak with the kids and even having afew quick games with them.

wengerboy Jan 6th 2008 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by sdunx (Post 5749785)
In no way condoning singh calling Symonds a monkey but is a result of the deterioration in the game caused by personal sledging. Begs the question who started all the disgraceful sledging to a very personal level? (rhetorical question)

Australia I'm afraid, shouldn't some of their players have been sighted and banned in the past for their personal attacks on opposing players during games? They've dragged the game into the gutter by introducing this so they should be the last ones to complain, just because one racist remark was made they're up in arms. Bunch of bloody hypocrits if you ask me.

Quite convenient that this ban removes Pontings nemesis from the remainder of the series. For the sake of the game I would like umpires empowered to deal with sledging on the spot and stop this rubbish from denigrading the great game of cricket. The irony is the australian side are that good they needn't resort to such tactics, this makes it even more disappointing.

Long live Adam Gilchrist - a shining ray of hope for sportsmanship in Australian cricket and true role model for youngsters - god help the game if they adopt the others habits.

sledging does`nt bother me,just the constant warne like appealing when the ball leaves the hand.
gilchrist was one of the few players I had time for until that unsporting display. no one had a better view of dravid than him

The Bloke Jan 6th 2008 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 5751024)
I think it's a bit rough that when something was witnessed by just two people one should have his word taken over the other. Camera footage clearly showed Symonds mouthing something resembling "Monkey" in response to Singh. A bit of unsporting behavior between two individuals.

For all we know he might have been saying to Singh "That turban is pretty funky".;)

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 5751024)
Your just intimidated because Polly drools over his posters:rofl:

Warne's yesterday's news. The latest thing is Peter O'Brien starring at the moment on Casualty.:cry_smile:

St.Georges Girl Jan 6th 2008 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by The Bloke (Post 5751061)
For all we know he might have been saying to Singh "That turban is pretty funky".;)

Warne's yesterday's news. The latest thing is Peter O'Brien starring at the moment on Casualty.:cry_smile:

She has taste.........;)

cresta57 Jan 6th 2008 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl (Post 5751085)
She has taste.........;)

Don't big him up too much girl:rolleyes::D:

KLF Jan 6th 2008 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by wengerboy (Post 5751042)
sledging does`nt bother me,just the constant warne like appealing when the ball leaves the hand.
gilchrist was one of the few players I had time for until that unsporting display. no one had a better view of dravid than him

Where have you been?

wengerboy Jan 6th 2008 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by KLF (Post 5751095)
Where have you been?

at work:(

The Bloke Jan 6th 2008 8:31 pm

Confusion now reigns supreme. :confused: Indian Cricket Board now alledges that a prepared statement issued by team management on behalf of ICB was false and that the tour is not suspended. No-one really seems to be sure what is happening.

Wendy Jan 6th 2008 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by The Bloke (Post 5751122)
Confusion now reigns supreme. :confused: Indian Cricket Board now alledges that a prepared statement issued by team management on behalf of ICB was false and that the tour is not suspended. No-one really seems to be sure what is happening.

According to Yahoo News it says:

"There's no talk of any suspension of the tour or anything like that, as of now," Dr Sridhar said.
"We will await and see how proceedings go."

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/080107/4/1jzzv.html

Which means, if we get our own way we'll play otherwise we're taking our bat and ball home :sneaky::lol:

angie41 Jan 6th 2008 8:39 pm

Singh probably called him manky:lol:

St.Georges Girl Jan 6th 2008 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 5751093)

I was talking about Peter and Shane, I've not seen a pic of The Bloke. If that was you in that Boxing Day pic, you're abit of alright yourself.:p

Originally Posted by The Bloke (Post 5751122)

Chaos

Originally Posted by Wendy (Post 5751140)
According to Yahoo News it says:

"There's no talk of any suspension of the tour or anything like that, as of now," Dr Sridhar said.
"We will await and see how proceedings go."

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/080107/4/1jzzv.html

Which means, if we get our own way we'll play otherwise we're taking our bat and ball home :sneaky::lol:

Don't forget the bails and stumps.:D

Originally Posted by angie41 (Post 5751147)
Singh probably called him manky:lol:

:lol:

Fleaflyfloflum Jan 6th 2008 8:54 pm

Andrew Symonds is not exactly lily white himself (and i dont mean his skin colour) Not known for his good behaviour is he?
I find it quite dispicable the Aussies took it off the field to a tribunal in the first place. Talk about pot calling the kettle black (ooops theres another unfortunate pun :D )

What hasnt helped all the tension and scandal is the outrageously bad umpiring decisions in this match. I hate to say this as I like the bloke, but I think Steve Buckner is getting to the point where he needs to retire and draw his pension.

BadgeIsBack Jan 6th 2008 8:55 pm

I do not condone the Indians, but it must be a prick to have to play against Australians. (But I bet all test nations do it now).

Anyone notice how balanced the press were, quite critical of Australia reference the game itself - far from the usual one-eyed acusation that the media often get in this forum.

Pollyana Jan 6th 2008 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl (Post 5751027)
Lehman and Warne just happened to be the 2 that stood out from the rest as being personable and friendly, giving time to speak with the kids and even having afew quick games with them.

I've seen Shane doing the autograph thing back in Sussex, and he took time with all the kids, asking them what position they played and giving them tips.

Originally Posted by The Bloke (Post 5751061)

I can fit them both into my hectic schedule ;)

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl (Post 5751085)
She has taste.........;)

:D

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 5751093)

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl (Post 5751169)
I was talking about Peter and Shane, I've not seen a pic of The Bloke. If that was you in that Boxing Day pic, you're abit of alright yourself.:p

Cresta retires looking embarrassed behind his face fungus :rofl: