Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

It happens here, sadly it happened to me...

It happens here, sadly it happened to me...

Old Aug 4th 2007, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It happens here, sadly it happened to me...

hope things soon look up for you , sorry you've had such a nightmare
big (((hugs))) & best wishes xxxx
Old Aug 4th 2007, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

so sorry for all the terrible problems you are having. I too am a nurse and am absolutely appalled at the way you have been treated. These so called nurses do not deserve to be practising!
Very best wishes to you
Old Aug 4th 2007, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Sorry to hear you've had such a bad time of it...I can empathise with how painful kidney probs are as have had one taken out myself after total failure, it really is very painful.
Hope you are feeling better by now. Concentrate on getting better and worry about the rest of it when you feel up to it.
Try not to worry and rest up with lots of cranberry juice! Sending a very gentle )HUG( and healing vibes...
Old Aug 4th 2007, 7:19 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG

Thats terrible.
You must have a million emotions not to mention sleep deprivation and starvation.

I guess some ppl can't hold their hands up and admit they were wrong, I suppose if the nurses did it wouldn't make it ok but at least you wouldn't have their issues and attitudes to deal with on top of everything else.

I really hope this all gets resolved soon, feel so bad for you and your family must be really worried about you.
I agree a complaint should be made perhaps your OH could do it on your behalf, think you need to concentrate on trying to get as much rest as possible and facing the challenges that are obviously still ahead for you

A girl I used to work with had to have a hysterectomy and she was put on the same ward as the new mums and their babies, she was quite young and it really did a number on her, again the hospital told her there was no where else to put her

I do hope things come right for you soon.
Old Aug 4th 2007, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

As a nurse, I can understand that sometimes there may genuinely no space so they need to put patients ina n area that isn't ideal. I agree that to be put onthe maternity ward is really awful but it happens and sometimes ca't be helped.

What can be helped is the attitude of the nurses. I am appalled by their behaviour and agree with the others who say you should put in an official complaint.

Take care of yourself Farideh, I hope they get to the bottom of it soon and you start to recover.

Tracey.x.
Old Aug 4th 2007, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
I took break, from writting you need to read to the end, Chris has been fantastic I'm so lucky, my children been amazing.

Farideh,
I'm so sorry you have had such an awful time. Thinking of you.

Louise x
Old Aug 5th 2007, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for all the kind words & the support i'm getting from you guys, I was so tried yesterday after finishing here i slept for 4 hours in the afternoon. here we go.

Pt 8

Late Monday afternoon my gynaecologist walks into the room, & says you need blood transfusion, you lost too much blood, she said I thought I come check with you would you like to have quick one or 2 bags of blood, or option B must stay in bed not doing any walking around & taking high dose of iron tablet, I said option B please, I’ve heard having blood transfusion is very painful.
So she said promise you wont get off the bed too much, so I said I hardly did get out off before, with all the pain I have had, so off she went, a nice nurse walked in, & said ok no more walking around must stay bed, then she said do you like red meat I said yes, she said you need a lot of that, so I called the other half asking him to make me salad with spinach, & other spinach related dishes, then got my cousin wife coming around she said I make you soup with all green vegetable & steak tomorrow.
My pain was still there, but this time was from the forgotten hysterectomy the doctor already told the nurses give her pain killer every 3 to 4 hours, rather than later, so around 3 in the morning I wake up with the sharp pain, I ring the nurse, I could hear them outside the room laughing, talking even I can hear the flicking of the news paper, but nobody comes to the room, but the nurse alarm is still going every minute but nothing, here me been told by the doctor not to get of the bed the day before, had to drag myself off the bed to the door, I opened the door, they all looked at me 3 nurses then they panicked oh we are so busy tonight, so I said what the alarm has gone now for 25 mins, all I can hear you lot are talking & laughing I can even hear the flickering of your newspaper, then you tell you are so busy, so one of the said go back to bed we come to you soon, so I said that’s it in the morning I’m going to make an official complain about you guys, it was funny to look at them the way they got up to get some medicine for me one of them almost fell of the chair.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Pt 9

Tuesday morning I made my complain to a nurse, she said don’t worry I get somebody to come & see you from the department, then later on I get another nurse I haven’t seen before comes to my room, and says you know what the problem is with you, you don’t get of the bed to exercise I want you to walk around the ward, I said have you read my notes yet, she said I don’t need to read your notes to know when a patient need a bit of exercise, then she said don’t you think its about time you get the hospital gown out & wear one your own nightie, I thought what a twat, I said first of all if you bother to have read my notes you would have notice the doctor has put down I should stay in bed & no walking, now to the hospital gown, it’s a bit tight with this bag I have so I was told to wear the hospital gown while I have the bag.
Later on I started to get really bad pain in my right kidney, so the same thing happened nurses wouldn’t call the doctor, I called Chris please could you come to the hospital I have no more energy left to argue with these idiots I’m in real bad pain & they wont call the doctor, so off comes Chris, he goes & ask why cant my wife see doctor she’s in real bad pain, so about 5 mins later he get the my smart nurse, saying can you wait I have mum in shower, I’m washing her I cant come to see your wife just now.
Now Chris looked at me he said is that for real, I ask for the doctor & they send her in, I said now you can see what I go through, I said go back & demand to see the doctor & not the nurse, so doctor came, I said the pain is back there is something very wrong here, so off she goes to call the other hospital to find out what they can do, she comes back, with the stupid nurse, & say’s we have to flush the tube, the doctor think there might be blood cloth caught in there, & blocked the tube, so the nurse tell the doctor can she have go, I’m thinking she’ idiot she wouldn’t know what to do, so Chris must have read my mind, & asked the doctor if she can do it, so she flushed the tube, the pain was gone.
The nurse run out of room & told everybody how brilliant she was as she was the one who knew what to do with me, I said to Chris I cant believe it she’s taking the credit for this.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 2:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Mate, I'm so sorry to hear what you have gone through. I will call you this afternoon
Old Aug 5th 2007, 4:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry to hear about the terrible time you've been having
Old Aug 5th 2007, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

You poor thing, this just gets worse and worse
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi
My god what a Nightmare i would like to say i can imagine what you are going through but we can't really imagine the horror you are going through

Very best wishes

Billy
Old Aug 5th 2007, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

I have PM'ed you
jacqui
Old Aug 5th 2007, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tracey.d
As a nurse, I can understand that sometimes there may genuinely no space so they need to put patients ina n area that isn't ideal. I agree that to be put onthe maternity ward is really awful but it happens and sometimes ca't be helped.

What can be helped is the attitude of the nurses. I am appalled by their behaviour and agree with the others who say you should put in an official complaint.

Take care of yourself Farideh, I hope they get to the bottom of it soon and you start to recover.

Tracey.x.

I work in Maternity department and Gynae and Maternity are mixed on same wards whether private or public, also orthopaedic one end and general surgery on the other.

Di
Old Aug 5th 2007, 7:29 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Im so sorry to hear this, youve had a terrible time

As a nurse myself, I too am appalled at the way that you have been treated,

I know you dont feel like you have the energy but make sure that you make an official complaint about them, unfortunately its the only way things may change.
If you dont know their names try and remember what date things happened and they will be able to find out who was on duty those days, and who was responsible for your care.
Nobody should have to suffer what you're going through, not just the mistake of the doctors but the mistreatment by the nurses,
unfortunately sometimes making a fuss (ie threatening to report them) is the only way to get proper treatment so do not be afraid to do so.

Again I am so sorry to hear all of this and ashamed of fellow nurses when I hear stories like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.