Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Hands up if you're wearing your England shirt around town today!

Hands up if you're wearing your England shirt around town today!

Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:32 pm
rab
Forum Regular

rab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hands up if you're wearing your England shirt around town today!

Great news to wake up to.... Australia 152 for 8, some 70-odd runs from a miserable follow on.

I'm out with my daughter today, the shops, play park, Bunnings, Coles, don't care .... anywhere I can wear my shirt with pride!

I'll look out for you in your shirt / cap / Barmy Army T or are you one of the hundreds of British traitors on here who thinks their Australian!???!!

.... .oooops rab ducks for cover - they won't like that in Modbury
Old Jul 18th 2009, 2:13 am
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hands up if you're wearing your England shirt around town today!

Originally Posted by The Outback Monkeys
I hate England shirts - football, cricket, bowls, or rugby - worn by those who haven't tested their lungs out for 2 decades.

Me - I plan to wear a full Union Jack outfit like those old women at Wimbledon -
Why Union Jack? its the national flag of the UK not England. You should be dressed as St. George
Old Jul 18th 2009, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by perksy
Why Union Jack? its the national flag of the UK not England. You should be dressed as St. George
I'll have you know it's the England Wales cricket board they represent, having followed England all over the world on cricket tours, i have been giving as good as any proud englishman this morning. I rarely look forward to work on a monday, but this week will be an exception
Old Jul 18th 2009, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smudger_scfc
I'll have you know it's the England Wales cricket board they represent, having followed England all over the world on cricket tours, i have been giving as good as any proud englishman this morning. I rarely look forward to work on a monday, but this week will be an exception
But the Welsh are not represented in the Union Flag. The Saltire, Cross of St. Patrick and the cross of St George are what make it. Please don't wear it to support only one of the three countries it represents. I wouldn't to support mine!
Old Jul 18th 2009, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gibbo
But the Welsh are not represented in the Union Flag. The Saltire, Cross of St. Patrick and the cross of St George are what make it. Please don't wear it to support only one of the three countries it represents. I wouldn't to support mine!
Who said anything about supporting 1 country, i'm as proud a brit as i am a welshman.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rab
Great news to wake up to.... Australia 152 for 8, some 70-odd runs from a miserable follow on.

I'm out with my daughter today, the shops, play park, Bunnings, Coles, don't care .... anywhere I can wear my shirt with pride!

I'll look out for you in your shirt / cap / Barmy Army T or are you one of the hundreds of British traitors on here who thinks their Australian!???!!

I might go so far as wearing a pair of St George cross cufflinks to work on Monday.

Cheers

Steve
Old Jul 18th 2009, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

English blokes are so funny, a glimmer of hope and they start the Ozzie baiting and flaunt their England pride.

My hubby was in despair last week and now has had his faith renewed, I hate picking him up when he has been knocked back down.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smudger_scfc
Who said anything about supporting 1 country, i'm as proud a brit as i am a welshman.
But the English cricket team only represents one country, not the Uk or Great Britain.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 12:06 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gibbo
But the English cricket team only represents one country, not the Uk or Great Britain.
Incorrect. It represents England AND Wales
Old Jul 18th 2009, 12:23 pm
Gone for Good

binky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Incorrect. It represents England AND Wales
But it still doesn't represent the UK or Great Britain ya fanny!
Old Jul 18th 2009, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rab

You may be proud but everyone else will think you are a total plank.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rab

With a stupid statement like that I suspect you are a moron and I claim my 5 pounds.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

I never understood english people who move to Australia or anywhere else for that matter although mainly those that move to Oz and then declare they no longer support or back England as they are now Ozzies. I dont think you will find any other nationality doing this even those that have been forced to leave there own countries under terrible circumstances, Iraqis Iranians Afghanis would all turn out and support there teams if they played Australia at soccer even though they might totally hate the present regime they are proud of there roots and there history and this goes for every nation i care to think of except the english.Greek, Italian Serbs Croats could be 2nd 3rd generation but still support there parents home country. An Aussie could live in England his whole life, even support England if they were playing a third party at something, but never in a million years would they barrack for England against Australia and nobody would expect them too. I have often speculated on what causes this in the English, the Welsh, Scots and Irish dont suffer this cultural cringe so why so many english. The funniest or saddest ones are the ones that virtually deny they were born there.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 8:44 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
I never understood english people who move to Australia or anywhere else for that matter although mainly those that move to Oz and then declare they no longer support or back England as they are now Ozzies. I dont think you will find any other nationality doing this even those that have been forced to leave there own countries under terrible circumstances, Iraqis Iranians Afghanis would all turn out and support there teams if they played Australia at soccer even though they might totally hate the present regime they are proud of there roots and there history and this goes for every nation i care to think of except the english.Greek, Italian Serbs Croats could be 2nd 3rd generation but still support there parents home country. An Aussie could live in England his whole life, even support England if they were playing a third party at something, but never in a million years would they barrack for England against Australia and nobody would expect them too. I have often speculated on what causes this in the English, the Welsh, Scots and Irish dont suffer this cultural cringe so why so many english. The funniest or saddest ones are the ones that virtually deny they were born there.
In my experience, those English people that changed sporting allegiance were not really that into sport when they were back in Blighty in the first place. If you're a sporting fanatic then generally you pick a team (or you are born into it) and you stick with it.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Don't own one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.