Hand Luggage

Old Apr 29th 2010, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Hand Luggage

So what do you take onboard with you?

I am always amazed at people who bags and bags with them - what the hell is in those bags? Some of the little trolley cases look like they are about to burst they are so full!

Usually, I just take a big handbag and a cardi or jacket and that's it.

I can understand taking loads for children as I was shocked how much stuff we had when we moved over!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice
Default Re: Hand Luggage

When I was growing up, my mum was always made sure we had spare undies with us when we travelled. So I always have some with me, lol.

Not sure what else I have in my carry on but it always seems full to bursting, but it is little. A book, ipod, 8hour cream, deodorant, hairbrush, hand cream, ok maybe I understand why its so full
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat

I am always amazed at people who bags and bags with them - what the hell is in those bags? Some of the little trolley cases look like they are about to burst they are so full!

I can understand taking loads for children as I was shocked how much stuff we had when we moved over!
All the stuff that won't fit in the luggage!!! Plus laptop, enough books for the flight, cuddly toys, ds player. ipod, mobiles, chargers, change of clothes in case bags get lost.
I don't think Bernie had ever seen anyone with as much luggage as I was bringing back yesterday
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:56 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Rollaboard of regulation size which carries my PJ's (I refuse to sleep on board in my clothes), clean shirt so I can change after a shower when I arrive or in between sectors, and all the other crap such a deoderant, travel papers etc.

Laptop bag to while away the time in lounges.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 6:07 am
UK-Syd Feb 2009 = HAPPY!

lerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to all

Clean clothes if long journey, about 4 books to read (!), iPod, drink, headache tablets etc... and then all the stuff that won't fit in my other bag, hence making it quite heavy!

(but i hate the people that take on a bag clearly 3 times the size of what the maximum is, leaving no room in the overheads for us plebs. and i hate the airline people even more for not telling them off!!)

lerato
Old Apr 29th 2010, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

That said, I have 16 hours in Singapore and 6 in Frankfurt en-route back to the UK so no doubt my hand luggage will huge!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice

Oh yes, and a change of clothes, because I always spill something on myself when I am flying. Normally I am quite clean, but put me on a plane and I will have spilled something within the first 15 minutes.

I also like a huge bag of nuts because I get hungry when I am bored.

And some water.

And a cardigan.

And a wrap - the blankets always suck and are itchy.

My bag is really filling up now
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit I'm one of those people who go equipped for anything!

Bag usually contains - my precious camera equipment and laptop which usually takes up all the weight allowance!

Then we have to do sneeky, sneeky with the book, phone, purse, (although now they allow you to take a small handbag - which is stuffed), ipod, face cream, sunnies, glasses for when I take contacts out, now I have to take readers as well, emergency food rations, make-up, headache pills and anything else I can get away with!

Oh and the passport and tickets!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kingseat

This time round, my backpack will hold a couple of undies, important docus, cream, muesli bar, camera, phone, headphones, jumper, pair of socks and fragile presents, all in all, less than 5kg.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 9:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lerato
Clean clothes if long journey, about 4 books to read (!), iPod, drink, headache tablets etc... and then all the stuff that won't fit in my other bag, hence making it quite heavy!

(but i hate the people that take on a bag clearly 3 times the size of what the maximum is, leaving no room in the overheads for us plebs. and i hate the airline people even more for not telling them off!!)

lerato
Are you a speed reader?

I agree with you about the people who have massive HL and they're up every two mins getting something out as soon as the seat belt sign goes off.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 9:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Are you a speed reader?

I agree with you about the people who have massive HL and they're up every two mins getting something out as soon as the seat belt sign goes off.
I did four complete novels (one of them double the average paperback size) between London and Brisbane yesterday! I just read the whole way, its great.However, I'm not up and down every five minutes, I try and have everything for the flight in one small bag under the seat in front, and very rarely get the luggage out from overhead during a flight.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

A large shoulder bag. I hate it when people trek in with arms full of stuff plus the kitchen sink then set about complaining because they cant get all their stuff in the same overhead locker. My bag fits under the seat without any problems and the only time I put stuff in the overhead locker is if I have to have a jacket on the plane with me but I do try and avoid that.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Depends on where I'm heading.

If I'm going for a few days away, my hand luggage consists of my phone, camera, wallet and passport. (Seriously!!)

If I going for longer, add onto that chargers for phone/camera, and laptop.

If I'm emigrating - well, when I went out last time I had 9kg of hand luggage!!!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 10:57 pm
UK-Syd Feb 2009 = HAPPY!

lerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Are you a speed reader?

yep!

my parents used to hate it. i'd ask for books for christmas, get mostly that and be ecstatic. and then read 90% by 2am boxing day!

i like the fact that reading on the plane makes me feel like i'm not really on the plane at all.

til whoever sitting next to me knocks into me with their love handles which are hanging into my seat!!!

lerato
Old Apr 30th 2010, 8:41 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

I bring only tickets etc, makeup and creams (doing mini facials on the plane passes time!) and my phone. I make the OH bring a (small) rucksack with books, a cardi, snacks, two large water bottles and fruit It's still small enough to go down the side of the window seat so we're not up and down for overhead luggage. In fact I can't remember the last time I put anything in the overhead bin, just ends up getting squashed by the annoying people who bring bags of bricks on board...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.