Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Hair Clippers ? Decent Scissors? and bad hair dressers !!!

Hair Clippers ? Decent Scissors? and bad hair dressers !!!

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hair Clippers ? Decent Scissors? and bad hair dressers !!!

Originally Posted by lonndongeek
Not sure about scissors, but I bought a set of wahl colour pro clippers from a shaver shop for $100. They had some dirt cheap ones that looked/felt crap, so we steered clear of those.

Given that a 'hair cut' for me is $25 they paid for themselves after 4 cuts, and will last for a good while yet.

Cheers

Steve
I will second that ,they are great we've got them.We tried about 4 sets before we got this even the vidal sassoon ones were no good.go for the wahl.
donna
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:16 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stm1971
Had to laugh then, I thought you meant Leigh on Sea, ESSEX.

Oh, come on Dorothy, do share. That's not fair to all us who have to put up with the mediocre hairdressers!! He/She’ll will make a killing.
Her name's Tracey and she is here in Clarkson at Ocean Keys at Volona & Assoc. She is from New Zealand, but trained and worked in London before coming over here.

My hair is extremely thick and slightly wavy. It's difficult for me to get a decent cut and leave any length, but she managed to cut it so I can either leave it to dry on it's own and have some lovely waves and shape or I can blow dry and it looks great or straightened looks even better. She also coloured it and I got so many compliments on the colour I couldn't believe it. She also did my daughter's hair 2 weeks ago and Charlotte loves her new style.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

Iam off now to buy my clippers, god i cant wait, do you think oh will object to adding a new pair of shoes and a new top or something to wear to bbq on sunday, oh and some pants no not for me for the boys
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=suzyt;7315031]
Originally Posted by stm1971
Had to laugh then, I thought you meant Leigh on Sea, ESSEX.

I did
OK, I'm confused now, your avatar says you are in Brisbane.

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Her name's Tracey and she is here in Clarkson at Ocean Keys at Volona & Assoc. She is from New Zealand, but trained and worked in London before coming over here.

My hair is extremely thick and slightly wavy. It's difficult for me to get a decent cut and leave any length, but she managed to cut it so I can either leave it to dry on it's own and have some lovely waves and shape or I can blow dry and it looks great or straightened looks even better. She also coloured it and I got so many compliments on the colour I couldn't believe it. She also did my daughter's hair 2 weeks ago and Charlotte loves her new style.
LOL, She won't know what has hit her when she gets all these bookings from the Brits. What a shame though, l'm SOR so a long way for me. Sounds like she'd be worth the drive though.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

What it is all the good barbers my OH included have left Essex and mover to Oz Cant help ya in Brissy but if anyone one is in adelaide and needs a fantastic barber my OH steve is at the Golden Grove village house of lords barbers

Opps i thought you ment Leigh on sea essex too lol

Last edited by steveandtina; Feb 24th 2009 at 1:05 am.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 1:08 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=stm1971;7315890]
Originally Posted by suzyt

LOL, She won't know what has hit her when she gets all these bookings from the Brits. What a shame though, l'm SOR so a long way for me. Sounds like she'd be worth the drive though.
I told her after the first really good cut and colour that I would be referring people. Guess I better make an appointment today before she gets too booked.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 1:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=stm1971;7315890]
Originally Posted by suzyt

She is. She used to be somewhere where she used clippers. She then moved to Leigh on Sea where she ditched the clippers and used a good barbers whilst having a nice glass of plonk. Since she's been here (Brissie) she can't find a good barbers (although has probably found good plonk) and now needs to find good clippers. Quite simple really
Old Feb 24th 2009, 5:34 am
Gone Walkabout

aussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really nice

My wife is a hairdresser from Leigh on sea, she did not work in any of the salons on the broadway though she worked in Southend. Anyway in answer to your question you can purchase scissors at Norris wholesalers there are a few dotted around Brissie, Gold Coast and Sunny coast check yellow pages mind you they are not cheap for a wholesaler. You do not need a trade card as wife did not have one and was able to purchase whatever she needed. For clippers any self respecting hairdresser will tell you that Wahl are the best of the bunch and for the fringe cut you can purchase pudding basin's at K-mart and Big W....
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:40 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

i thank god for kath!! Her friend in uk used to do my hair and she moved her 6 weeks before us, otherwise id be sporting a proper ferral mullet now!!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Ipritchard66 is an unknown quantity at this point

go to somewhere like the warehouse or crazy clarks.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midgetjan
I have never in all my life seen such bad haircuts/colours until we arrived in Perth.

Even the celebs on tv look like crap.

Some days I miss my UK hairdresser more than my family

The worst bit is - they think they invented hairdressing here.

I too can cut my OH and son's hair better than the local salon and I've never been to hairdressing school.......

..... and what's all this with the bleach???? There are kinder ways to colour hair!!!!
I know that my OH would agree in full.For women it would appear to be dire here as they seem to have limited options(is it three?) available
Old Feb 24th 2009, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RedT
My hairdresser in London is moving to Oz eventually. Granted she'll be on the Gold Coast and we'll hopefully be in Sydney but I swear i'll pay the flights to go to her. When I got my hair done in Wollongong before my brother's wedding it took me three days to get the crap out of it afterwards! Hilarious thing was my mum and two sisters all got their hair done at the same place so you can imagine the wedding pics....
Think maybe we should swap names, my hairdesser from Edinburgh moved to Sydney over a year ago, I think shes just set up a new salon but I'm moving to the Gold Coast!

How much would a cheap flight be to sydney?

Lindsay x
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
I know that my OH would agree in full.For women it would appear to be dire here as they seem to have limited options(is it three?) available
Three options?

The 'Lady Di'.

The 'Purdy'.

The 'Bob'.

There aren't any others are there?

Last edited by spartacus; Feb 24th 2009 at 10:43 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:52 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it would be easy to find a good stylist here in Sydney but it took me three attempts. I had a bad cut with a good colour and an ok cut with a dreadful colour (subtle, dear, I said SUBTLE) before I struck lucky. Guess what - my stylist is a Kiwi.

I was gobsmacked when I first started reading this forum to learn that hairdressers were being sponsored to move here. Why is that? Do all the decent local ones move to the UK because they get fed up of being asked to do streaky yellow mullets?
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
. . . streaky yellow mullets?
Hey, leave me out of this!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.