Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Hair Clippers ? Decent Scissors? and bad hair dressers !!!

Hair Clippers ? Decent Scissors? and bad hair dressers !!!

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all
Default Hair Clippers ? Decent Scissors? and bad hair dressers !!!

Hi well i always used to cut my kids hair and my oh Nicks , yes i dont want to blow my own trumpet but i was good at it (and i dont just shave it all off). Well since moving to Leigh on Sea i ditched the hair clippers and sent the boys out on a Saturday morning to get their hair cut and then they would meet me at the local wine b for lunch The thing is the barbers over here i have found are crap, my boys have had such bad hair cuts, i cant take it anymore !!! Is there somewhere in Brisbane that i can buy good hair scissors and clippers, i have tried local hairdressers etc but cant seem to track much down. Many thanks, iam getting desperado living in the house of hair.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:38 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hair Clippers ? Decent Scissors? and bad hair dressers !!!

Originally Posted by suzyt
Hi well i always used to cut my kids hair and my oh Nicks , yes i dont want to blow my own trumpet but i was good at it (and i dont just shave it all off). Well since moving to Leigh on Sea i ditched the hair clippers and sent the boys out on a Saturday morning to get their hair cut and then they would meet me at the local wine b for lunch The thing is the barbers over here i have found are crap, my boys have had such bad hair cuts, i cant take it anymore !!! Is there somewhere in Brisbane that i can buy good hair scissors and clippers, i have tried local hairdressers etc but cant seem to track much down. Many thanks, iam getting desperado living in the house of hair.
Amen to that Sister.

I was devastated when my hairdresser (whom I found after suffering 2 years of depressingly bad haircuts) left my local salon......
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Target sells hairclippers really cheap. V Sassoon and other brands.

Gems
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

That's why they're still on the Skills in Demand list
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You must have a hairdressing shop not too far. We have a few down here where you can get good quality scissors/trimmers/robes etc etc etc. Failing that most of the good makes do a good trimmer and you should find them in the likes of Target/Kmart/Big W etc. Go to a local hairdressers and ask where they get their equipment from - some need to see industry proof but others let anyone buy most of their stuff.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:17 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I finally found a good hairdresser here in Perth. And no, I won't share her name because I want her all to myself. I'm greedy that way.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:03 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

My hairdresser in London is moving to Oz eventually. Granted she'll be on the Gold Coast and we'll hopefully be in Sydney but I swear i'll pay the flights to go to her. When I got my hair done in Wollongong before my brother's wedding it took me three days to get the crap out of it afterwards! Hilarious thing was my mum and two sisters all got their hair done at the same place so you can imagine the wedding pics....
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by RedT
My hairdresser in London is moving to Oz eventually. Granted she'll be on the Gold Coast and we'll hopefully be in Sydney but I swear i'll pay the flights to go to her. When I got my hair done in Wollongong before my brother's wedding it took me three days to get the crap out of it afterwards! Hilarious thing was my mum and two sisters all got their hair done at the same place so you can imagine the wedding pics....
Let us know when she arrives on the GC
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:16 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Will do, she's fab!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

I have never in all my life seen such bad haircuts/colours until we arrived in Perth.

Even the celebs on tv look like crap.

Some days I miss my UK hairdresser more than my family

The worst bit is - they think they invented hairdressing here.

I too can cut my OH and son's hair better than the local salon and I've never been to hairdressing school.......

..... and what's all this with the bleach???? There are kinder ways to colour hair!!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:37 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

What is wrong with a basin and scissors?

Seems to be what most of the locals use.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure about scissors, but I bought a set of wahl colour pro clippers from a shaver shop for $100. They had some dirt cheap ones that looked/felt crap, so we steered clear of those.

Given that a 'hair cut' for me is $25 they paid for themselves after 4 cuts, and will last for a good while yet.

Cheers

Steve
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Had to laugh then, I thought you meant Leigh on Sea, ESSEX.

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I finally found a good hairdresser here in Perth. And no, I won't share her name because I want her all to myself. I'm greedy that way.
Oh, come on Dorothy, do share. That's not fair to all us who have to put up with the mediocre hairdressers!! He/She’ll will make a killing.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all

[QUOTE=stm1971;7313499]Had to laugh then, I thought you meant Leigh on Sea, ESSEX.

I did
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nice

My OH's a really good barber, but we're moving to Melbourne sorry!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.