British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   HAIL HAIL ! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/hail-hail-619561/)

soapy© Jul 16th 2009 7:51 pm

Re: HAIL HAIL !

Originally Posted by NELBHOY (Post 7758715)
Me too soapy. Not the mixed family bit, but the whole sinn fein pish never sat well with me, probably due to my dad. He wouldn't even let me get a 'tic top.
Did sing the sash pished in my local(Donnachies, SC) once when the rebel songs started. Much to the annoyance of the IRA sympathsers:sneaky:

:lol::lol:
mixed family -
my dad was a prod and my mum was a tim. both didnt care about anything at the time
after the first born was ready for school my dads dad told them he would never speak to them again unless the lad went to a proddy school. to save any hassle they agreed. but it didnt sit well with my mum and when the second child (girl) was ready for school, she decided to mess with my grandfathers heed and sent her to the local tims school:lol:
they had 10 kids, all the boys went to proddy schools and all the girls went to cafflic schools lol
to be honest it was a great way to be brought up and it was magic watchin the football at home on the telly lol:lol:

NELBHOY Jul 16th 2009 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by soapy© (Post 7759083)
:lol::lol:
mixed family -
my dad was a prod and my mum was a tim. both didnt care about anything at the time
after the first born was ready for school my dads dad told them he would never speak to them again unless the lad went to a proddy school. to save any hassle they agreed. but it didnt sit well with my mum and when the second child (girl) was ready for school, she decided to mess with my grandfathers heed and sent her to the local tims school:lol:
they had 10 kids, all the boys went to proddy schools and all the girls went to cafflic schools lol
to be honest it was a great way to be brought up and it was magic watchin the football at home on the telly lol:lol:

**** me soapy, thats what I call a mixed family.
I know that's what your parents told you, but I think all the boys of the family were just too ugly for the tim school:D

soapy© Jul 16th 2009 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by NELBHOY (Post 7759135)
I know that's what your parents told you, but I think all the boys of the family were just too ugly for the tim school:D

you could be right, but i was one of them llf:unsure:

I BECAME A CELTIC FAN JUST TO ANNOY MY BROTHERS AND MY MATES AT SCHOOL LOL:lol:

LoneRanger Jul 16th 2009 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by NELBHOY (Post 7758725)
.......Kenny Miller...........:sneaky:

No bad! He at last knows where his 'breids buttered' as they say and he as much as anyone stuck it to you at the 4 -2 humpin we dished you last season!:eek:

scottishcelts Jul 17th 2009 2:53 am

Originally Posted by NELBHOY (Post 7758715)
Me too soapy. Not the mixed family bit, but the whole sinn fein pish never sat well with me, probably due to my dad. He wouldn't even let me get a 'tic top.
Did sing the sash pished in my local(Donnachies, SC) once when the rebel songs started. Much to the annoyance of the IRA sympathsers:sneaky:

:eek: you never did you? :lol:

Did ye no get yer heed kicked in that night?

scottishcelts Jul 17th 2009 2:54 am

Originally Posted by NELBHOY (Post 7759135)

:lol:

NELBHOY Jul 17th 2009 7:06 am

Originally Posted by scottishcelts (Post 7759837)
:eek: you never did you? :lol:

Did ye no get yer heed kicked in that night?

Nah, knew just aboot everybody in there at the time.
Wouldn't do it now though:ohmy:

scottishcelts Jul 17th 2009 7:15 am

Originally Posted by NELBHOY (Post 7760207)
Nah, knew just aboot everybody in there at the time.
Wouldn't do it now though:ohmy:

Too many eejits that wouldn't accept it ey. :)

NELBHOY Jul 17th 2009 8:05 am

Originally Posted by scottishcelts (Post 7760224)
Too many eejits that wouldn't accept it ey. :)

Was in last week. Pretty rough!!

scottishcelts Jul 17th 2009 8:37 am

Originally Posted by NELBHOY (Post 7760300)
Was in last week. Pretty rough!!

We used to go in and watch the fitba noo and again, but there's no really any pubs in the Port that are suitable for socializing in (apart fae the widaws obviously) :lol:

NELBHOY Jul 17th 2009 8:51 am

Originally Posted by scottishcelts (Post 7760333)
We used to go in and watch the fitba noo and again, but there's no really any pubs in the Port that are suitable for socializing in (apart fae the widaws obviously) :lol:

The widaws has a lovely beer garden though;):rofl::rofl:
I remember when it was called McNinchies. Shit I'm old:blink:

scottishcelts Jul 17th 2009 9:07 am

Originally Posted by NELBHOY (Post 7760386)
The widaws has a lovely beer garden though;):rofl::rofl:
I remember when it was called McNinchies. Shit I'm old:blink:

:rofl:

I canny remember that - McNinchies, though it rings a bell. I remember Broons well - my dad used tae run it fur his bro. :eek:

NELBHOY Jul 17th 2009 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by scottishcelts (Post 7760420)
:rofl:

I canny remember that - McNinchies, though it rings a bell. I remember Broons well - my dad used tae run it fur his bro. :eek:

What's Broons called now?

NELBHOY Jul 17th 2009 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by LoneRanger (Post 7759448)
No bad! He at last knows where his 'breids buttered' as they say and he as much as anyone stuck it to you at the 4 -2 humpin we dished you last season!:eek:

Just lost your skipper today. Barry"its ma baw" Ferguson is off.
That's one out, none in so far :ohmy:

framac67 Jul 17th 2009 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by soapy© (Post 7751283)
noo thats something i have never done. i came from a mixed family and if my dad had heard wan o they tunes he would have killed me lol

but i do toe tap to the odd wan:sneaky:

The lager drinkers an the wine drinkers.