Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

IT HAD TO BE DONE ...

IT HAD TO BE DONE ...

Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:36 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT HAD TO BE DONE ...

Tellya someones switched the friggin heat OFF !!!!

I blame GOD lol

Its 8:30am and just over 11 degrees

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:53 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Phoned up my big sister to tell her that it was 5 degrees here the night before last (felt a **** sight colder than that in the windchill) and she said it had only just scraped into positive figures all day up in the Southern Highlands. Was chatting to the lady in the petrol station about it and she said her hubby who is a bricky was working in Bowral and said they'd have a couple of centimetres of snow.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:58 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Are you lot joking?

I'm not coming

If it's not sunny and 27 degrees all year round I'm staying put
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:59 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypen20
It's damned cold. Don't like it and getting a bit concerned we're in for a harsh winter. Wood burner works a treat though However, I am totally over people, any nationality looking confused when I say I'm cold and then they say 'but you're a pom, you must be used to it' aggggggghhhhhhhhhhh.
Think of the responses I get as a Canadian!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
Are you lot joking?

I'm not coming

No joke - cold nose and toes here!!!! Widespread frost affecting mainland areas from Southern QLD to Tasmania according to the Weather Girl - it is snowing in the alpine regions too!!!

Now where is that hot water bottle???
Old Apr 30th 2008, 12:05 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The OH

It was bitter this morning and had to tweek the heater towards the red in the KIA.

Walking the dogs this evening it was bitter, your not on your own Ste, wish string vests were back in fashion
Oh shut up, the lot of you.

It was 2 degrees here last night and we had snow.

Enough of your whining.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 1:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Oh shut up, the lot of you.

It was 2 degrees here last night and we had snow.

Enough of your whining.
I want snow If it has to be cold - snow will soften the blow.

Did you have enough to make snowmen?????
Old Apr 30th 2008, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by Reedy
I want snow If it has to be cold - snow will soften the blow.

Did you have enough to make snowmen?????
No. It snowed for about 20 seconds and all the tourists from Sydney started squealing 'Look, snow! It's snowing!' and jumping up and down excitedly, whilst the locals all looked so happy and said 'Yay' in a dull monotone.
Then it melted.

There's more out Lithgow way apparently. If even a couple of cm's falls here, the kids all take the day off school. I can't believe I used to go to school and stand in the massive drifts of white stuff. They're so nesh here.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 1:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No. It snowed for about 20 seconds and all the tourists from Sydney started squealing 'Look, snow! It's snowing!' and jumping up and down excitedly, whilst the locals all looked so happy and said 'Yay' in a dull monotone.
Then it melted.

There's more out Lithgow way apparently. If even a couple of cm's falls here, the kids all take the day off school. I can't believe I used to go to school and stand in the massive drifts of white stuff. They're so nesh here.
They close the schools in the UK when it snows too!!! We used to have to go as kids too until there was more than about 6 inches then they would send us home.......

I love the snow - but hate it when it turns to ice 'cos you can guarantee I will be the one on my butt

We even used to go and play in the snow drifts on the mountains when I was a kid and walk across the hedges as the snow was that deep - I must be getting old 'cos I was going to write:

They don't have snow any more like they did when we were kids!!!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 1:53 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kapri
Are you lot joking?

I'm not coming

LOL, we are so nieve before we get here. It just feels so cold because these houses were built for summer, not winter. Wish they would introduce central heating.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
LOL, we are so nieve before we get here. It just feels so cold because these houses were built for summer, not winter. Wish they would introduce central heating.
Decent windows would be a start!

Here we go whinging again
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:03 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Decent windows would be a start!

Here we go whinging again
It's not whinging, just stating facts A little guidance for our sister country never hurt anyone.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
It's not whinging, just stating facts A little guidance for our sister country never hurt anyone.
I really don't get the window issue at all!!!!! It is about 5 degrees warmer when the blinds are down as the windows are so crap!!!! I am sure if I pushed them they would fall out - they rattle and shake like mad in the wind
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:18 am

They close the schools in the UK when it snows too!!! We used to have to go as kids too until there was more than about 6 inches then they would send us home.......

They don't have snow any more like they did when we were kids!!!
I remember making a snow arm chair out of a drift so I could sit down and wait for the school bus one year.

Eeeee, they don't know they're born.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I remember making a snow arm chair out of a drift so I could sit down and wait for the school bus one year.

Eeeee, they don't know they're born.
We spent days making an igloo in the garden once - chapped hands and faces only to be told that our dad wouldn't let us in there in case it collapsed....

So we sat outside in the cold and looked at it, bringing all the neighbours in to see our masterpiece - it took weeks to melt too......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.