Gyms?

Old Aug 26th 2008, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gyms?

I know that people have muttered things about the chain gyms like Fitness First in the past - I was just wondering why that would be???

Our local FF has a good deal on off peak time membership and I am seriously tempted because the one I have been going to is a Uni gym and, as an elderly lady, I do look somewhat out of place. The FF is close to where I work and I am more likely to go - it is just a bit more expensive than the uni one.

So, should I head off to FF or is it really worth avoiding?
Old Aug 26th 2008, 9:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gyms?

Originally Posted by quoll
I know that people have muttered things about the chain gyms like Fitness First in the past - I was just wondering why that would be???

Our local FF has a good deal on off peak time membership and I am seriously tempted because the one I have been going to is a Uni gym and, as an elderly lady, I do look somewhat out of place. The FF is close to where I work and I am more likely to go - it is just a bit more expensive than the uni one.

Avoid them like the plague. Once they have you you will never ever get away if you ever want to cancel. They are a complete nightmare for that and it's known the world over. Apparently they are as good as any as a gym just don't leave I know friends who have had to change their bank accounts just to prevent them taking money out even if they have said they could cancel.

Find another one.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree with Moneypenny.

And we are not alone in thinking this

http://fitnessfirstsucks.com/
Old Aug 26th 2008, 1:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

There have been a few threads about them on here in the past, and while I have no personal interest in gyms whatsoever (too energetic for me) I know that the threads have been heated enough to get attention from a Mods point of view.......

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 26th 2008 at 1:56 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 6:35 pm
Banned

Assegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant future

I'm a member of FF in England - been to loads in Oz, Dee Why in Sydney, Cannington and Murray Street in Perth, William Street in Adelaide, Alma St in Melbourne and the two in Brizzie (I'm sure you wanted to know all that).

Would thoroughly recommend them, particularly in Oz as the clients put the weights away, unlike the neanderthals in England. Not sure it would be suitable for an old woman though.

It won't do for people to slag off FF just because you wish to cancel. There's never a good enough reason to cancel. I've been working out for 30 years and never gone more than a month without excercise.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:43 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember watching a programme here in Uk called Watchdog (comsumer watch programme)so many poeple had problems dealing/leaving them.

Ive just found this link regarding the programme and FF.
Click here
Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:45 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Assegai
I'm a member of FF in England - been to loads in Oz, Dee Why in Sydney, Cannington and Murray Street in Perth, William Street in Adelaide, Alma St in Melbourne and the two in Brizzie (I'm sure you wanted to know all that).

Would thoroughly recommend them, particularly in Oz as the clients put the weights away, unlike the neanderthals in England. Not sure it would be suitable for an old woman though.

It won't do for people to slag off FF just because you wish to cancel. There's never a good enough reason to cancel. I've been working out for 30 years and never gone more than a month without excercise.
What rubbish!
What about those that fall on hard times and can no longer afford the subscriptions!:curse:
Old Aug 26th 2008, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Phew - thank you all!

I think I have had a near miss!!! Back to the uni I fear
Old Aug 26th 2008, 10:35 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Really Quoll, you have to die to get out of the contact. Even then they will try to transfer the membership to a bereaved family member at the wake.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 2:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by busterboy
Really Quoll, you have to die to get out of the contact. Even then they will try to transfer the membership to a bereaved family member at the wake.

That bad huh?!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 4:34 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Assegai
. I've been working out for 30 years and never gone more than a month without excercise.
Lucky you. Never to have been ill, or skint- or both

Bet you're a sex god though right
Old Aug 27th 2008, 4:41 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Lucky you. Never to have been ill, or skint- or both

Bet you're a sex god though right
Or a dweeb...!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 4:51 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Or a dweeb...!
*Gasp*
Old Aug 27th 2008, 10:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Quoll, check out this post by MrsPerthforme http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=137

As Poll said, there have been others over the years.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 11:00 am
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Quoll, check out this post by MrsPerthforme http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=137

As Poll said, there have been others over the years.
Dear Butris, Butris.... I remember that post so well....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.