gutted.....

Old Apr 30th 2006, 9:56 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default gutted.....

im not very good at making financial decisions....im always in the wrong place at the wrong time.....back the wrong horse, right lotto numbers wrong week etc etc - you get the picture

this was brought home painfully tonight when i drove past a house i used to live in about 9 years ago....me and mal rented it off a friend, who offered it us for a measly £32k. went to the halifax and they wouldnt give me a mortgage, but instead of trying other places we just accepted that if they woudlnt help us then no one would.

said house is now on the market.....for £140,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 30th 2006, 9:58 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: gutted.....

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins

im not very good at making financial decisions....im always in the wrong place at the wrong time.....back the wrong horse, right lotto numbers wrong week etc etc - you get the picture

this was brought home painfully tonight when i drove past a house i used to live in about 9 years ago....me and mal rented it off a friend, who offered it us for a measly £32k. went to the halifax and they wouldnt give me a mortgage, but instead of trying other places we just accepted that if they woudlnt help us then no one would.

life sucks sometimes.

It obviously wasn't meant to be
Old Apr 30th 2006, 10:05 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=tiredwithtwins]
That is a sickener but if you had bought that house you wouldn't have what you have now would you rather have the proffit or the kids?
Old Apr 30th 2006, 10:13 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=killamarsh]

That is a sickener but if you had bought that house you wouldn't have what you have now would you rather have the proffit or the kids?

well, i was pregnant with lucy when he offered it us....and the boys were ummmmm a surprise, so it would have been a win;win situation
we would have a nice lump sum to take to aus with us

im sooooo gutted. friends had told me to go to c&g, who it transpires would have given us a mortgage with no problems....i was an agency nurse at the time earning in excess of 20k a year - it was the halifax that didnt understand my earnings so said no - i was too niave to go looking further afield.

its a truly defining ''i could kick myself for being so stupid'' moments
Old May 1st 2006, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

sue thats crap dont know what to say except that sucks!!!!!!
Old May 1st 2006, 4:55 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Yip, been there, done that
Old May 1st 2006, 11:39 pm
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Yip, been there, done that
is this a gender thing? mrs ballantyne's always going on about 'if we'd kept and rented out our old house in 1852 now it would be worth 8 million'. its almost like she really believes theres something she can do about it - apart from feel gutted. if i thought about the houses i'd lived in and or opportunities to make money from them e.g. one house bought for 38,500 in 97 is now selling at 150k, our last one bought for 140k in 2003 now at 190k - i'm not gonna beat myself up about it - mrs will do that to me when she sees this. women
Old May 2nd 2006, 1:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=tiredwithtwins]
Originally Posted by killamarsh

well, i was pregnant with lucy when he offered it us....and the boys were ummmmm a surprise, so it would have been a win;win situation
we would have a nice lump sum to take to aus with us

im sooooo gutted. friends had told me to go to c&g, who it transpires would have given us a mortgage with no problems....i was an agency nurse at the time earning in excess of 20k a year - it was the halifax that didnt understand my earnings so said no - i was too niave to go looking further afield.

its a truly defining ''i could kick myself for being so stupid'' moments
Well just make sure you get your ass over here in the next couple of years. I don't want to be coming on here in 30 years time finding you still there saying "I could kick myself for being so stupid. We should have gone you know" on the other hand if anyone finds me on here in 30 years time you all have my permission to shoot me