The Green family

Old Aug 15th 2022, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Green family

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The reason for assuming he had the option to apply for his own PR is the fact that he is now applying for it, either onshore or offshore. All the news reports have stated that if he had to leave he would be going back to the UK to apply to re-enter Australia as PR.
The Green family are merely asking to transfer to a bridging visa that allows then to Stay in the country while their visa is being processed. Deporting a family that have lived here 10 years and will have to spend tens of thousands to setup theirs lives on the opposite side of the world while they wait on a response is a disgrace. It is financially crippling and soul destroying. The lack of empathy on here is worrying. This family has apparently already spent $150,000 over the years to try and stay here and yet all posters on here assume that they had an easier route?

As far as I'm aware he is applying for PR through a sponsorship from an employer which is a 186 visa. He tried this with previous employers but was let down. Who knows why he didn't go the 189/190 route but based on the fact they have used immigration lawyers on this I assume they gave them the best advice on which route to go.
Old Aug 15th 2022, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Probably better those that take that option accept it is a temporally stay and not have in mind that is will be a stepping stone to PR. Far better to come out on a permanent visa from the beginning. (on all fronts) I'm not sure just why the Australian workplace is too often a place of bullying or under mining but it sadly is. In most countries expertise is welcomed and those importing highly qualified labour from overseas sources will allow that individual to pursue what would be fair to assume the reason they were recruited in the first place. (to bring their form of expertise to the employer and Australian work place) Sadly, too often management is of a very poor standard. Ineffective and feels threatened by those from a work place (overseas) that promoted, let alone allowed, the freedom to complete task without undue interference, instead of judging on finished result . It too often appears the employer wants the knowledge from overseas employee but take the credit then rid themselves of that employee once knowledge gained. (depends on position obviously)

But simply, very hard to understand how Green family did not take matters into hand and seek a change of status. Unless of course, for whatever reason was unable to qualify under existing rules. Something is suggestive that this is more likely the case. There was an English couple in Perth with a similar ordeal last year. Never heard the outcome to that. But I thought at the time 'they were trying it on' by going to the media , with a rather flimsy arguement for reasons to stay.
Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing but the reality is many come here on a sponsorship from an employer which leads to PR. I know if I was headhunted by a company on the other side of the world and offered relocations costs and a route to PR I would accept it aswell rather than going the route I did. In most cases it does work out. We only hear of the bad cases because they are highlighted.

I do agree that yes it would have been better that the Greens took matters into their own hands but given that they have been using immigration agent's throughout this process and have spent ALOT of money there must have been a reason they have went the route they have advised to them by immigration agent's.
Old Aug 16th 2022, 3:31 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

"six businesses the 44-year-old has worked for have since gone bust, leaving the family without any way of obtaining a sponsor."

Sounds like he's cursed!!
Old Aug 23rd 2022, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddy234
Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing but the reality is many come here on a sponsorship from an employer which leads to PR. I know if I was headhunted by a company on the other side of the world and offered relocations costs and a route to PR I would accept it aswell rather than going the route I did. In most cases it does work out. We only hear of the bad cases because they are highlighted.

I do agree that yes it would have been better that the Greens took matters into their own hands but given that they have been using immigration agent's throughout this process and have spent ALOT of money there must have been a reason they have went the route they have advised to them by immigration agent's.
Immigration is a business. That does not mean it necessary favours the applicants longer term goal or desires. There are countless people on bridging visa's. It must be an awful way to get by. At least The Greens if return , are going back to a modern democratic nation with a welfare system in place.
It appears they have an omen of sorts around their necks, being connected with so many business's going bust? Of course we don't know the entire story and usually there is more under the surface that remain submerged in media reports.