Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Great big pile of snow!!!

Great big pile of snow!!!

Old Mar 15th 2008, 10:49 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Great big pile of snow!!!

I was just having a quick look in the Canada forum and I came across this picture of a nicely shoveled driveway and a massive pile of snow. I don't know how they got it that big.

Our last winter in Canada we had a pile to the top of the truck (like the pile on the right of the pic). It was getting really difficult to shovel the snow up over our heads. So hats off to the guy who did this one!

Apparently it made the Ottawa paper too.

Here's the original post.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=120
Attached Thumbnails Great big pile of snow!!!-dscn3128.jpg  
Old Mar 15th 2008, 12:09 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great big pile of snow!!!

Funky! My parents in Burlington said that last weekend they were subjected to a 3 day blizzard. The QEW down to Niagara Falls was closed, and it was the beginning of March break. Flights cancelled out of Pearson; absolute havic. They said it's been the snowiest winter in Southern Ontario for yonks. Our last winter there saw no snow at all. The kids were so disappointed.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
I was just having a quick look in the Canada forum and I came across this picture of a nicely shoveled driveway and a massive pile of snow. I don't know how they got it that big.

Our last winter in Canada we had a pile to the top of the truck (like the pile on the right of the pic). It was getting really difficult to shovel the snow up over our heads. So hats off to the guy who did this one!

I would be petrified of it collapsing on me
Old Mar 15th 2008, 2:03 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

after13 days straight of 35+ deg c, i would love for that snow to collapse on me.....................mm
Old Mar 15th 2008, 2:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
after13 days straight of 35+ deg c, i would love for that snow to collapse on me.....................mm
What makes me laugh is after 35+ in Melbourne it can cool down too fast then you wish it was warmer say if you combine a change with someone's AC on full blast.

Find a country where it is 25 all year, all day.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 6:59 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Judging by his f250 ( or chevvy ) didnt look to close, I would say thats a goose neck horse float , that snow has piled on top of.

Great Pic.

STe
Old Mar 15th 2008, 7:27 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

oohh i gotta get me one of those
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:41 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

In the thread where I found this someone even noticed the licence plate on the left. Apparently it says 'LONEYBIN", if you look real close you can see it.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:48 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

In the thread where I found this someone even noticed the licence plate on the left. Apparently it says 'LONEYBIN", if you look real close you can see it.
I just zoomed in on the photo and certainly says that...............mm
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover

Don't you mean after 12 days of 38+ (and the one in the middle that was 35)
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:21 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Wendy
Don't you mean after 12 days of 38+ (and the one in the middle that was 35)
I always err on the side of caution ,,,,,,,,i should be used to this, in the 70,s i worked on oil rigs in the simpson desert, we would get weeks of over 30 deg celsius.........mm