Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Got an interview tomorrow!!

Wikiposts

Got an interview tomorrow!!

Old Jun 20th 2006, 12:13 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got an interview tomorrow!!

Originally Posted by artep
Cheers Deb! No not childcare...it's just an admin job....god help me if they want to do a typing test though :scared:
Hi Artep,

I have had experience of interivewing people although its in health care.

some of the questions that are sim.elar to what I have asked before

..the icebreaker.....Can you tell us a little bit about yourself/career and how you came to apply for this job?

Why do you want this job?

What skills do you have from your previous jobs that could be transferred to this job?

Tell us about 3 of your strengths and 3 of your weaknesses?

You have a very irate person on the telephone who is shouting down the phone at you, as he was expecting a phone call from a member of the company who did not return his call. How would you deal with this situation?

You are extremely busy at work and your supervisor adds another load of work on top of what you already have to do and wants you to do it by the next day. How do you prioritise your workload in this instance.

If you can tell me a bit more about the job you are going for I will think of some more (if you want me to that is! lol).

Good luck with it!

jackie x
Old Jun 20th 2006, 12:21 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Hi Artep,

I have had experience of interivewing people although its in health care.

some of the questions that are sim.elar to what I have asked before

..the icebreaker.....Can you tell us a little bit about yourself/career and how you came to apply for this job?

Why do you want this job?

What skills do you have from your previous jobs that could be transferred to this job?

Tell us about 3 of your strengths and 3 of your weaknesses?

You have a very irate person on the telephone who is shouting down the phone at you, as he was expecting a phone call from a member of the company who did not return his call. How would you deal with this situation?

You are extremely busy at work and your supervisor adds another load of work on top of what you already have to do and wants you to do it by the next day. How do you prioritise your workload in this instance.

If you can tell me a bit more about the job you are going for I will think of some more (if you want me to that is! lol).

Good luck with it!

jackie x

Thanks for your questions Jackie!!! They're a great help.

The job I'm going for is a Receptionist one at a financial advisers.

....hey after all this help from you lot...if I don't get this job I'm going to feel a complete duffer

...anyone wanna do it for me???

...please??

...pretty please?

...bugger..I guess I'm gonna have to
Old Jun 20th 2006, 12:29 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
Petra, not sure if these will be any help as they are basically designed for Students...but thought I would post them anyway. I do have a list of questions you could ask at an interview, but they are at work. I can post them in the morning if it will be any help?
Cheers Hels!!!!! You're a star!!
Old Jun 20th 2006, 1:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

One of last week's "interesting" questions was "if a disabled person is given a job in your area, how would you help them to integrate into the team?" - one of the hardest things to do was to give an answer without using any term that could be considered un-pc - especially when, as we all know, how things are perceived here can be different from the way they are percieved in the UK. I worked alongside several physically handicapped people in the UK, and one of them had the most un-pc sense of humour ever - but how to convey THAT to a panel
Old Jun 20th 2006, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Good luck with the interview.
Old Jun 20th 2006, 1:58 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
One of last week's "interesting" questions was "if a disabled person is given a job in your area, how would you help them to integrate into the team?" - one of the hardest things to do was to give an answer without using any term that could be considered un-pc - especially when, as we all know, how things are perceived here can be different from the way they are percieved in the UK. I worked alongside several physically handicapped people in the UK, and one of them had the most un-pc sense of humour ever - but how to convey THAT to a panel

One of my best friends is a para and she will tell the most UN-pc wheelchair jokes etc....Shocks a few who dont know her very well....Me, know her well enough that if she asks me to reach something for her I tell her no, to get up off her lazy ass and get it herself!!
Old Jun 20th 2006, 2:01 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Just tell em I sent you
Old Jun 20th 2006, 2:06 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow, just be yourself, you'll be fine
Old Jun 20th 2006, 9:57 am
....is FAB

Originally Posted by Bix
Just tell em I sent you
....it's in the bag then
Old Jun 20th 2006, 11:25 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by artep
....it's in the bag then
artep - you did want questions YOU CAN ASK? this stuff is from usc for graduates but the q's can be adapted anywhere:

TYPES OF QUESTIONS TO ASK AT AN INTERVIEW
• Who would I be working with? Directly responsible to? Responsible for?
• Could you tell me about the training/induction process I will go through?
• How much supervision will I get as a new employee?
• What management style is most prevalent within this company?
• What strategies does the company have in place for dealing with change/problems/promotions?
• What performance evaluation procedures are used within the company?

*** my fave questions to get people to ask are around performance - how will my performance be measured? what kind of targets or 'performance indicators' ( yes i know) will i be working towards? who do i go to for support with these targets?

this isnt sales targets, most companies now have some kind of business plan targets or 'milestones' ( i know i know, stop it)

i have added with great success - who will be responsible for giving out bollockings/rewards if the targets are not met?

* If you encounter the situation where all of your questions have already been raised and answered within the interview you could say "I did have some questions to ask, but the issues have already been covered within the interview, thank you"

hope this helps mate - got loads of other stuff if need to pm me
Old Jun 20th 2006, 11:45 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Petra, I am so sorry this is a little late.....bloody network problems!!!

Anyway, just in case...here are a list of questions you can ask at interview....
Attached Files
Old Jun 20th 2006, 1:40 pm
....is FAB

Originally Posted by joeyballantyne
artep - you did want questions YOU CAN ASK? this stuff is from usc for graduates but the q's can be adapted anywhere:

TYPES OF QUESTIONS TO ASK AT AN INTERVIEW
• Who would I be working with? Directly responsible to? Responsible for?
• Could you tell me about the training/induction process I will go through?
• How much supervision will I get as a new employee?
• What management style is most prevalent within this company?
• What strategies does the company have in place for dealing with change/problems/promotions?

• What performance evaluation procedures are used within the company?

*** my fave questions to get people to ask are around performance - how will my performance be measured? what kind of targets or 'performance indicators' ( yes i know) will i be working towards? who do i go to for support with these targets?

this isnt sales targets, most companies now have some kind of business plan targets or 'milestones' ( i know i know, stop it)

i have added with great success - who will be responsible for giving out bollockings/rewards if the targets are not met?

* If you encounter the situation where all of your questions have already been raised and answered within the interview you could say "I did have some questions to ask, but the issues have already been covered within the interview, thank you"

hope this helps mate - got loads of other stuff if need to pm me

Hey thanks for those!!! I've just got back from the interview...phew! I'll save those questions for my next interview as I'm sure there'll be more!

Thanks Hels for your questions too mate...all the info you guys have given me is fantastic and I've saved it all ready for the next time. God you lot are such a nice bunch (((((Group hug)))))

The interview itself went ok...I think. But then again previous interviews I've had seemed to have gone well only to find that they don't want me

One of the first things discussed was the bleedin' football & how badly England are playing!!

Fortunately he felt typing speed wasn't essential...phew! as the job doesn't involve huge amounts of typing. I had to do a proof reading exercise which seemed to go ok...but that's prob a bad thing as I prob missed something glaring!

All in all I felt ok by time I left...but as with all interviews I'm not holding my breath...I find out by the end of the week so keep everything crossed!!!
Old Jun 20th 2006, 7:43 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Ill keep my fingers crossed for you.

I have an interview next Monday....its all go innit?

Jackie x
Old Jun 20th 2006, 9:24 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you mate
Old Jun 20th 2006, 11:05 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Ill keep my fingers crossed for you.

I have an interview next Monday....its all go innit?

Jackie x
Fingers crossed for you both.....

What job are you going for Jackie?

Ang

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.