Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Good News Only Thread - Post your good news here!

The Good News Only Thread - Post your good news here!

Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:28 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Good News Only Thread - Post your good news here!

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
That's really funny!

x
Lol! I'm actually quite disturbed by my thought processes this morning
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:29 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Lol! I'm actually quite disturbed by my thought processes this morning
i noticed!!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:13 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

This afternoon I finish work and don't have to be back until Monday afternoon!!!! wooooooohoooooooooooooo
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:33 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

We now have TWO houses to choose from

Last edited by JenniGee; Mar 27th 2008 at 1:01 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:38 pm
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by comet555
Here's my good news for the day.

Last week I booked our plane tickets for a return trip to Canada. For 2 adults and 2 children it cost $8000!

Today I got a letter in the mail from our mortgage company. Inside was a cheque for $7000. Apparently they hadn't yet given us our first time homebuyers grant when we bought the house in September. I didn't even know we hadn't gotten it yet, I assumed it was going towards the mortgage. Bonus!

We'll probably still put down a chunk on the mortgage though because we already have the money to pay for the trip.
Wow - thats GREAT news.

I would be thinking about another holiday somewhere myself!!!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:51 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wheeler-Jones
Wow - thats GREAT news.

I would be thinking about another holiday somewhere myself!!!
Well that could happen too

To top that off, when my husband got home I told him the good news and he told me he's getting his quarterly bonus next week. Bonus again!

The bonus thing is interesting though. When he was offered the job we did all our calcuations on the regular salary without the bonus. Because you never know if they'll follow through or change the rules. But he's been there a year now and he gets it every time. Apparently they make their goals achievable so that eveyrone should get it. Interestingly enough his last bonus was 110% and this one is 105%. I've never known a company to give more of a bonus than expected. I think I like them!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Well that could happen too

To top that off, when my husband got home I told him the good news and he told me he's getting his quarterly bonus next week. Bonus again!

The bonus thing is interesting though. When he was offered the job we did all our calcuations on the regular salary without the bonus. Because you never know if they'll follow through or change the rules. But he's been there a year now and he gets it every time. Apparently they make their goals achievable so that eveyrone should get it. Interestingly enough his last bonus was 110% and this one is 105%. I've never known a company to give more of a bonus than expected. I think I like them!

Even better news!! Definately 2 holidays. What's the name of your OH's employer, must make a note.......
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:28 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

the OH has just received his nice and shiny and very old fashoined looking Queensland Provisional Plumber and Drainage Licence
Woohooo, one less thing to worry about
bec
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:47 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Even better news!! Definately 2 holidays. What's the name of your OH's employer, must make a note.......
It's a mining company so that explains why they can throw the money around! I'm not complaining though, I'm all for it!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 3:09 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

We get the keys to our new rental today.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 4:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

It's bonus day here (mining company run by the richest man in Australia) today. 15% of everything I have earned over the last 18 months. Bonus resets on Monday and the next one is on December 31st - 15% again. Then again in 2009......

Love it!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by egghead4
the OH has just received his nice and shiny and very old fashoined looking Queensland Provisional Plumber and Drainage Licence
Woohooo, one less thing to worry about
bec
Great news Bec! Does that mean he can get work straight away now? I presume that he has to apply for the full licence at some point too. (Sorry I have no idea how these things work...)

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
We get the keys to our new rental today.
Good news too. Good luck in your new home.

It's a mining company so that explains why they can throw the money around! I'm not complaining though, I'm all for it!

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It's bonus day here (mining company run by the richest man in Australia) today. 15% of everything I have earned over the last 18 months. Bonus resets on Monday and the next one is on December 31st - 15% again. Then again in 2009......

Love it!
Mental note, get OH a job in a mining company.....
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:01 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

i've got all my certified stuff back today!!

one thing off the list.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
i've got all my certified stuff back today!!

one thing off the list.
Great news! Are you ready to apply for the skills assessment now - or are you still waiting for OH's passport?
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

GOOD NEWS! GOOD NEWS! The job interview went very well and looks like the "dream" could come true.

Bad news i could loose my son in the process as he says he wont come.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.