Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Good News Only Thread - Post your good news here!

The Good News Only Thread - Post your good news here!

Old Aug 17th 2008, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Townley has a brilliant futureTownley has a brilliant futureTownley has a brilliant futureTownley has a brilliant futureTownley has a brilliant futureTownley has a brilliant future
Default Re: The Good News Only Thread - Post your good news here!

Originally Posted by debbieuk
hi all

well we have sold the house and moved into a rental...thought might have failed my medical...refered due to an 'enlarged heart'

thought i would have to go private..but 2 weeks later on the NHS i have had the all clear!!!!! my heart is normal so everything back on track

it is SUCH a roller coaster

debbie
Hey Debbie,

I had a call from the doctor who did my medical last Tues saying the same thing... 'enlarged heart'. I freaked out at first but have got over that. Not sure what to do now though. My application went in last week and they have it (the money has gone out of my account)... did you get further instructions from the Visa Department once they got your medical report?

Glad you got the all clear!
TP x
Old Aug 17th 2008, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold

hi TP

no the medical gp wont send mine off until all tests are done!

he told me about my heart and then took my bp which was through the roof

suprisingly..so i had to have an ecg aswell

so now the cardiologist has to send a report to my gp
my gp will send the report to the medical gp
the medical gp will sent it all with the rest to australia

hope they dont lose it on the way!

the cardiologist says that chest xrays are really bad for assessing the heart as if you are off line by just a tiny bit it can give a completely wrong reading.

if your meds have been sent off then i would wait until you hear from them on what to do next.

you could also go see your own gp in the meantime.

i am sure you will be fine - it happens a lot apparently

debbie
Old Aug 17th 2008, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
well we have sold our house and exchanged last week, we are in rented and leave in january

Nice to hear good news for a change
So pleased for you hun - especially now your MUm is on the mend.

hi all

well we have sold the house and moved into a rental...thought might have failed my medical...refered due to an 'enlarged heart'

thought i would have to go private..but 2 weeks later on the NHS i have had the all clear!!!!! my heart is normal so everything back on track

debbie
Good news that there is nothing wrong with your heart. Fingers crossed it all goes ok now.

Originally Posted by Townley
Hey Debbie,

I had a call from the doctor who did my medical last Tues saying the same thing... 'enlarged heart'. I freaked out at first but have got over that. Not sure what to do now though. My application went in last week and they have it (the money has gone out of my account)... did you get further instructions from the Visa Department once they got your medical report?

Glad you got the all clear!
TP x
Fingers crossed for you too - I'm sure it is just a an error on the xray like Debbies. they love to make you suffer don't they? My OH was rferred because he had flu on the day of the medical and had noises in his chest. Once he was better, they cleared up, but it was a worrying time.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Townley has a brilliant futureTownley has a brilliant futureTownley has a brilliant futureTownley has a brilliant futureTownley has a brilliant futureTownley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fly Away
So pleased for you hun - especially now your MUm is on the mend.

Good news that there is nothing wrong with your heart. Fingers crossed it all goes ok now.

Fingers crossed for you too - I'm sure it is just a an error on the xray like Debbies. they love to make you suffer don't they? My OH was rferred because he had flu on the day of the medical and had noises in his chest. Once he was better, they cleared up, but it was a worrying time.
My sister said the same thing... she is a paediatric nurse and said that an xray means nothing. Not too concerned about the result (yet!) but haven't heard anything from the doctor so was just wondering as I feel like I am in limbo... may give the doctora call tomorz if nothing arrives in the post!

Suppose to be a good news post though... so here is some for you... only 9 weeks left of work whoopi!

TP x
Old Aug 18th 2008, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

well we have sold our house and exchanged last week, we are in rented and leave in january

Nice to hear good news for a change
Oh Sal are you not going to cairns now was looking forward to the girls night out

Really would like Cairns but struggling to find a community post there! Not sure what to do next really but have suggested to my OH that he start job hunting too. Think he was looking forward to being a house husband for a while!

hi all

debbie
Congrats Debbie
Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:28 am
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

hi all

debbie
Coor - that would've been frightening! Glad to hear you have the all-clear and are back on track!!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

It's been a while since I've been in here!

Just for those who may remember...I had an amazing 3 month relationship with the girl I mentioned but we split up when she went home for the summer as I was coming out to Oz...hopefully we'll pick it up again when I go back to GB in a year.

My good news for today is that I started my job out here and found out that the apartment I'm in for the next 2 wks is all expenses paid so we can stick all our meals etc on the bill and the company pays! WOOOOO!!!!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:49 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheDangerousQuietOne
It's been a while since I've been in here!

Just for those who may remember...I had an amazing 3 month relationship with the girl I mentioned but we split up when she went home for the summer as I was coming out to Oz...hopefully we'll pick it up again when I go back to GB in a year.

My good news for today is that I started my job out here and found out that the apartment I'm in for the next 2 wks is all expenses paid so we can stick all our meals etc on the bill and the company pays! WOOOOO!!!!
And your telling us this because........??.......mm
Old Sep 1st 2008, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
And your telling us this because........??.......mm
because it's good news & that is the point of the thread. Doh!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
because it's good news & that is the point of the thread. Doh!

Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by memewest
Hello meme!
How are things with you?
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Hello meme!
How are things with you?

Doing good thanks......have had a nice few weeks camping in the rain, just chilling with the kids now before they go back to school on thursday.

Can see that things have moved on for you...
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Doing good thanks......have had a nice few weeks camping in the rain, just chilling with the kids now before they go back to school on thursday.

Can see that things have moved on for you...
Yep! We are completeing on Oct 13th, I finish work on the 17th & we are hoping to leave early Nov

What is happening with you?
Old Sep 1st 2008, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Yep! We are completeing on Oct 13th, I finish work on the 17th & we are hoping to leave early Nov

What is happening with you?

Wow!!! Things really have moved on for you....

You'll be arriving in time for the lovely warm weather......

So i guess it's go, go, go on the home front trying to tie up all the loose ends, etc...

Still waiting here... not done the meds yet, we're waiting for our CO to request them, thats when we get a CO.......i'd like to get them done and sent, but the OH wants to wait...

Have you booked your flights yet?? Have been reading on here of the extortionate prices that peeps are getting..... and they look set to just rise and rise, so much so that we're thinking of booking for April '09, which is when we have to validate by, sooner rather than later..seems that March and April applicants are getting their CO's so hoping it won't be too much longer for us.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wow!!! Things really have moved on for you....:
You'll be arriving in time for the lovely warm weather......

So i guess it's go, go, go on the home front trying to tie up all the loose ends, etc...

Still waiting here not done the meds yet, we're waiting for our CO to request them, thats when we get a CO.......i'd like to get them done and sent, but the OH wants to wait...

Have you booked your flights yet?? Have been reading on here of the extortionate prices that peeps are getting..... and they look set to just rise and rise, so much so that we're thinking of booking for April '09, which is when we have to validate by, sooner rather than later..seems that March and April applicants are getting their CO's so hoping it won't be too much longer for us.
No, nothing booked yet! Need to try & tie my husband down to making some decisions He is supposed to finish work on Friday but announced last night that he may extend to next week as he has so much to do! Errr, we have quite a lot to do here too in case he hadn't noticed:curse: He just tells me not to stress
I keep being asked questions about when, where etc and I just have to say, don't know yet! Que sera! I guess we'll get there in the end
Mind you, if I stayed off the computer a bit more......
Anyway, got to go & face the shoe shops with the boys

Hope you get a CO very soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.