Good book

Old Mar 13th 2011, 9:32 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good book

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Serves me right, I left them in the middle of the floor so I'd remember to sort them out this week, walked into the room in the dark Neighbours woke me up the day before with their music, think I woke them last nioght wioth my ^%*&^%^&%
Well there you go then, your system worked! Perhaps though you might want to consider putting up some signage and don't forget to give way to traffic from your right!
Old Mar 13th 2011, 9:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Well there you go then, your system worked! Perhaps though you might want to consider putting up some signage and don't forget to give way to traffic from your right!
I've propped the ironing board against the box now, think I might spot that Trouble is one has to go to Melbourne, and the other to Cairns - if you get an ironing board in the post you'll know I got it wrong
Old Mar 13th 2011, 10:39 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

I've propped the ironing board against the box now, think I might spot that Trouble is one has to go to Melbourne, and the other to Cairns - if you get an ironing board in the post you'll know I got it wrong
Ahh well, it wouldn't be so bad, I could do with a better ironing board and I'm sure that whoever should be getting the ironing board could live with being slightly crumpled but well-read
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 9:44 am
Feeble Minded

Well I had a lovely surprise this evening! Two parcels arrived for me and I couldn't immediately think what they were and then I realised that they were from a particularly lovely witch! I am currently over the moon but not on a broomstick I now have a pile of books to read - I've not been in that situation for a while!

I'm currently finishing off a book I borrowed, Bryce Courtenay's The Power of One and then I'll get choosing from my new selection!

Pollyana you are a diamond
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 9:46 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Well I had a lovely surprise this evening! Two parcels arrived for me and I couldn't immediately think what they were and then I realised that they were from a particularly lovely witch! I am currently over the moon but not on a broomstick I now have a pile of books to read - I've not been in that situation for a while!

I'm currently finishing off a book I borrowed, Bryce Courtenay's The Power of One and then I'll get choosing from my new selection!

You have to read Tandia now, the PO1 follow up!
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 9:57 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No problem You should've seen me trying to cram the satchels in the postbox, millimetres to spare isn't an exaggeration
Hope you enjoy them

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
You have to read Tandia now, the PO1 follow up!
Tandia is lovely, I only have one very dogeared copy of that though. sorry guys
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 9:59 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

No problem You should've seen me trying to cram the satchels in the postbox, millimetres to spare isn't an exaggeration
Hope you enjoy them

I loved it, although admittedly I hated the ending, naturally.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 10:50 am
Feeble Minded

Hope you enjoy them

I'm sure I will enjoy them!

Actually the book I'm reading has Tandia included as well - but I thought I would have a break before I read it.

I loved it, although admittedly I hated the ending, naturally.
Oh dear, that doesn't bode well for a happy ending
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 10:00 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

I just finished The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows. Lovely quick read, in fact read it over 3 nights, couldn't bring myself to put it down (even though I could kinda tell where it was going). Don't let the title put you off!

Have downloaded The Power of One on my Nook since everyone else seems to be reading it - $6.99 Bargain
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 10:18 pm
Home and Happy

Just finished "My name is Mary Sutter" by Robin Oliveira - set in the American War of Independence, its the story of a woman's determination to become a surgeon in the days when women really didn't do that sort of thing. Absolutely brilliant book, very descriptive
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 3:16 am
Feeble Minded

Just finished "My name is Mary Sutter" by Robin Oliveira - set in the American War of Independence, its the story of a woman's determination to become a surgeon in the days when women really didn't do that sort of thing. Absolutely brilliant book, very descriptive
For some reason that reminded me of that dreadful series from years ago, "Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman".

I'm in a strange position of having plenty to read and not having the opportunity to read, very frustrating! But better than no books

Hopefully after this next week, life will settle down here and I can bury my head in a book! At the moment, I'm not reading, Robin Hobb's "The Golden Fool", 2nd in the Tawny Man series.
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 3:17 am
Feeble Minded

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
Have downloaded The Power of One on my Nook since everyone else seems to be reading it - $6.99 Bargain
I really enjoyed the book and like you, I read it after getting it recommended by so many people!
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 4:24 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

Thought I'd post an update on how the trilogy is going.

Great story and the main character is brilliant, but I have found the books to be a tad slow now and again and I have got slightly bored with certain chapters. All in all so far though it is a great read. I'm half way thru the last book.

Chick flick next me thinks.
I just finished the triology - I wasn't expecting to like it so was pleasantly surprised - have tried watching the first film but was a bit tired to cope with subtitles - will try again when more awake. Now treading Eat, Pray, Love for my book club which I wouldn't have done as I have seen the film and don't normally like to see the film first - however book seems less dull than parts of the film. Might download House Rules onto my kindle for my next book as I like most of Jodi Piccoults.
Old May 20th 2011, 8:37 am

Well I've just picked up James Herbert's The Dark, started well so far, typical Herbert. Should be a great read.
Old May 20th 2011, 8:45 am
Home and Happy

Well I've just picked up James Herbert's The Dark, started well so far, typical Herbert. Should be a great read.
Ooh that's a good one

Just finished one called The Other Side of Paradise by Margaret Mayhew. Fact-based story of a 20-ish year old in Singapore in WW2, how she grew up as a very spoilt colonial, partying all the time, then ended up pitchforked into the War, driving an ambulance and eventually in a Jap prison camp. Very well written, could read that one again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.